• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Hoenn Pokémon Trainer, May, joins the fray!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fortanono

Smash Ace
YES YES YES YES YES!!!!!

Honestly, I think May has a possibility to enter the brawl, because May is very popular and we need more female characters. I mean, in the Pokémon community, Red IS the most popular Trainer. But for people who don't PLAY the games, it is not Red, but a character based on Red, Ash. Red has never appeared in the anime because of Ash, but May has been one of Ash's companions. So, for people who watched the Generation 3 anime but didn't play the games, May is more popular than Red. Anyway, here are my ideas for their movesets (specials only, sorry):

Mudkip

B (BubbleBeam): Mudkip fires a barrage of bubbles at the enemy. Can be held for 5 seconds, like Bullet Seed, but it is shot in the direction Mudkip is facing.
Side B (Aqua Jet): Mudkip charges forward inside a blast of water. If it hits an enemy, it will knock them back and do a lot of damage.
Up B (Mud Sport): Mudkip launches 4 mud projectiles upwards, which split with 2 on the right, 2 on the left. They explode and do damage to anyone in the radius, except Mudkip.

Grovyle

B (Absorb): Grovyle shoots a pulse of green lightning. It does damage and restores Grovyle's health a bit.
Side B (Leaf Blade): Grovyle lunges forward and strikes with its wrist blades.
Up B (Wood Hammer): Grovyle summons a wooden log and smacks the ground in front of Grovyle with it.

Blaziken

B (Ember): Blaziken launches a fireball. It can be charged, like Aura Sphere.
Side B (Blaze Kick): Blaziken throws a kick with a flaming afterimage.
Up B (Hi Jump Kick): Blaziken jumps up, and strikes the ground with one foot, making a fiery explosion.

May

Down B (Pokémon Change): May changes Mudkip into Grovyle, Grovyle into Blaziken, and Blaziken into Mudkip.
Final Smash (Triple Finish): May's version is different from Red's, in that May's is a radial attack. Mudkip uses Mud Bomb, which makes a sphere of mud that damages everyone around it, Grovyle uses Leaf Storm, which sends Ivysaur's Razor Leaves in 8 directions, and Blaziken uses Inferno, making fireballs fall from the sky.
Overall, Hoenn is my favorite region, so I would LOVE to see this happen. Total support.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Okay.. wow..

Mudkip can't learn Bubblebeam or Aqua Jet
Mudsport doesn't do damage in game, some may be acceptable in smash, but an explosion?
Mudkip has no recovery move
Mudkip's line signature move Muddy Water is not present anywhere
Grovyle can't learn Wood Hammer
Grovyle's anime appearance, and the early TM in game, have made Bullet Seed a famous move of his
Ember is just that, embers, not a fireball
Blaziken can't learn Inferno, and that is nothing like the move Inferno anywhere

Considering you love Hoenn so much you seem to know very little about the starters?

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Okay.. wow..

Mudsport doesn't do damage in game, some may be acceptable in smash, but an explosion?
Grovyle's anime appearance, and the early TM in game, have made Bullet Seed a famous move of his
Blaziken can't learn Inferno, and that is nothing like the move Inferno anywhere

Considering you love Hoenn so much you seem to know very little about the starters?
Are you seriously complaining about canon in Smash Bros. when Rest doesn't send opponents flying and no such moves as Aura Storm or Thunder Jolt exist? Give them a break for taking a few creative liberties, please.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Are you seriously complaining about canon in Smash Bros. when Rest doesn't send opponents flying and no such moves as Aura Storm or Thunder Jolt exist? Give them a break for taking a few creative liberties, please.

A few creative liberties I support, including Aqua Jet in Mudkip I understand, or one or two others through the moveset (I've shown in my own moveset that I don't think it necessary, but it's understandable), but the sheer amount or canon inconsistency makes me think no thought has gone into the moveset at all.

As for Thunder Jolt that comes from the Base Set 58 Pikachu card, and given back in 64 there were far fewer moves to use as a base, I can understand the use of it's name.

Fortanono

Smash Ace
Okay.. wow..

Mudkip: I didn't want to use any moves that Red used, even if he IS replaced. So there is my reasoning for BubbleBeam and Aqua Jet. I don't know why about the other 2, and I'm sorry about not putting Muddy Water there. Mud Sport I think is somewhat acceptable because Double Team was greatly altered from its Pokémon counterpart. I can change it if you want.

Grovyle: For Bullet Seed, look above. I didn't want to use any moves from Red's team. And for Wood Hammer, Grovyle's Pokédex entries state that it jumps from tree branches, so that's why I put Wood Hammer there.

Blaziken: About Ember, I thought it would work better in Smash as a fireball. And as I said earlier, Double Team was altered, so why can't Ember be changed too? And Inferno, it's part of a Final Smash, and if you want, I can change the name of the attack to Overheat or something. The names of the individual attacks don't matter, as they are part of 1 move that May does.

It may not be a good move set, but you don't have to hate me for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom