• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Hammer...(Forward-B)

Devilution

Smash Journeyman
Does anybody use this...? It's REALLY strong...and it has great priority, though I only use it while in the air because on the ground it lags to much. The first hit is more of a vertical trajectory...and the second hit is like a semi-spike. I've killed with this multiple times when the opponent has 80-100%. If used in the air and you land with it...it doesn't have that much lag so it's very unlikely that you'll get punished for it.

Cereal Rabbit

Smash Lord
It wouldn't be the best approach because it is easily punish, but it's excellent for ending combos or edge guard infact. You can even use it for punishing lag, though I would recommend smash attacks.

Shiken

Smash Journeyman
use it sparingly and youll often score surprise hits with it, especially the second swing.

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
a good way to use it, is to come from one direction in the air, and cross over them and aerial hammer them from behind.
to elaborate:

my kirby is falling from the air from my opponents right side. I am flying towards him and i go straight past him, and as soon as i get on theri other side, i'll hammer in theri direction. this is not gauranteed by any means, but it is a safer, more unsuspecting way to use it.

-hiro

Plasmaexe

Smash Apprentice
The 2nd swing with the aerial hammer is probably the best thing about the hammer since it's got a crazy amount of horizontal knockback. At under 20%, you can even connect the aerial hammer after a forward throw a lot of the time. It takes some time though to learn when to use the hammer to get the 2nd swing on someone, especially a small character.

Top Bottom