• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Halo and the Wings?

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
What is up with the Halo and the wings? I know the Wings are part of her Smash Attacks, but why doesn't the halo just stay?

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
That's just Palutena's thing, and I personally like it. Back in Uprising, that halo would follow her everywhere probably without ever going away, but now it appears and disappears. The wings are definitely a nice touch as well.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Palutena's halo is just a little bit crazy, exactly like her.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
No idea what's up with the wings.

I guess Sakurai took some creative liberties given that she's the angel commander.

Maraphy

Smash Ace
NNID
Marraph
3DS FC
3780-9036-1349
I think because the halo is sort of a symbol of power, it appears when she's exerting that power

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I think the "appearing and reappearing" is a nice touch, because it might get a little obnoxious or be mistaken for a hurtbox (or worse, even be a hurtbox) in Smash if the halo and/or wings were always there.

It also probably makes her Smashes feel awesome, since the wings and the halo come out for MAXIMUM DAMAGE.

I dunno, I think it's neat, and I'm glad they went that route. Also, it's another thing to confirm that the January leak was fake, since that face was godawful.

Last edited:

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Probably needed to take some liberties with the way the character fights. Even in Uprising from what I remember with the fight with her she spent most of the time firing projectiles and didn't do a lot of melee attacks that I can recall. I would need to watch the fight again. They probably wanted to involved the angelic powers in some way and adding wings was probably the way to do it.

As for the Halo I think it was just a design choice that was just simpler to work with rather then having to worry about how the glowing halo behind her was in every situation.

Top Bottom