• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town, Shantae for SSB4 (WayForward wants her in Smash)

Mikegamer0608

Smash Lord
NNID
Mikegamer0608
Speaking of crusade, since she's confirmed for that....
What if Shantae was confirmed for super smash flash 2?
Well its possible since the the Super Smash Flash 2 crew said that there will be expansion characters once they finish the full game. Even if she doesn't come in the main roster of SSF2.

Last edited:

TheRickyWill

Smash Champion
...Umm... Didn't know about this, but they added vector art of Shantae's animations from Half Genie Hero on Spriters-Resource.

Sorry if this cause lag, I'll fix it if that's the case for anyone.
(this is brawl levels of lag)
Considering how the animation was also done with spine rigs, does recreating it keep the smoothness of the animation?

TheRickyWill

Smash Champion
I plan to make some gifs out of these later on, but I kinda doubt it would be 1 to 1 as smooth as in game imo.
The animation is based on either

A. The sprites here are keyframes, with the spine rigs smooting things out.

B. The Rayman Origins/Legends method where several parts are brought together, attached to a skeleton, and then animated via the skeleton.
image.jpg

RosaPeach

Smash Journeyman
Shantae in smash because I think Wayforward do great jobs at their games.
That my main reason.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Some of his points were silly, some were just plain bad, but I like how he presented it mostly as his opinion rather than the absolute fact.

Good on him.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Anyone got any update on the new Smash Crusade update?

I reaallly want to play as Shantae xD

TheRickyWill

Smash Champion
So I've clocked 20 hours into 1001 spikes... It has a large anount of content for it's price tag, such as several game modes with their own unique stages and allow up to 4 players, not to mention a ton of characters with unique abilities, so give it a shot.

I'm currently trying to make it through the second half of the main campaign, which came to me as an utter horror, after all the trouble I went through in the first half (especially getting all the golden skulls.)

Antartica, the second half of the campaign, requires you to beat this set of 30 new, harder levels with the default character. Or so it seems.

Get a second controller, pick Curly Brace. Done.

TheRickyWill

Smash Champion
On topic, however:

Thank you, Omegasunburst, for these awesome Shantae T-shirts for us to proudly show our pride for best half-genie.

BigShad

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0602-6501-8253
I'm getting a hunch that the Smash Ballot was supposed to be an April Fool's joke but either someone forgot to mention that, or it just got so much hype that if it was a joke it'd be too heartbreaking.

Damenshi

Smash Apprentice
I'm getting a hunch that the Smash Ballot was supposed to be an April Fool's joke but either someone forgot to mention that, or it just got so much hype that if it was a joke it'd be too heartbreaking.
Ah, so it's not just me, then.

TheRickyWill

Smash Champion
If the entire direct was an april fools joke then someone must've added lucas by accident

Last edited:

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Well guys; if an Indie rep were to get in, here's how I believe it would work; Shantae WILL and SHOULD BE the indie rep for this Smash, thanks to her huge spike in popularity and history with Nintendo (WHICH IS VERY IMPORTANT). Even though Shovel Knight may have an Amiibo right now, I believe he should be deserving of a spot in Smash 5. He needs more time to make a huge impact in terms of history with Nintendo. He shouldn't get in just because of his amiibo and popularity from the ballot, mostly due to his Smashified artwork. AGAIN, HISTORY is the most important thing a character needs to really be considered for Smash.

Last edited:

TheRickyWill

Smash Champion
If Nintendo actually were to pick an indie for Smash, it'd honestly would be between Shantae, CommanderVideo from Bit.Trip., and Quote (along with Curly please) from Cave Story. They all have a longer history with Nintendo (Shantae and BitTrip were born on Nintendo platforms, and WiiWare gave Cave Story the status it has today.) and are carrying a lot of good reputation on their backs in order to cement their "iconic" status.

Shovel Knight, despite his Amiibo and Nintendo of America/Europe's recent support, would probably be farther back on the list of potential candicates.

Last edited:

DiagonalSpy07

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3754-7248-5911
If that were true, then this will forever be deemed in smash history as "The Ultimate Troll" and Sakurai will most likely never be forgiven for this.

TheTaoDragon

Smash Apprentice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xw-DF2cG-W4

I almost had a heart attack due to this news. But Yacht Club Games confirmed that it is an error. Thank goodness this was just a site error.
We still don't have official confirmation. Denying that doesn't break NDA nor does it confirm anything since Nintendo hasn't said anything.

Besides, it's not as though Shovel Knight disconfirms Shantae in any way or form.

Top Bottom