• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town, Shantae for SSB4 (WayForward wants her in Smash)

Midnight Twinkle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MidnightTwinkle
3DS FC
1461-6246-6413
Meanwhile Shovel Knight gets a poloView attachment 77113it's cool but... Somewhat underwhelming. Strike the earth with class, I suppose.

I wish Wayforward could be a little more free with Shantae, like how Yacht Club is with Shovel Knight.

There may be a reason holding WF back to do that, but...
Put a certain genie's face there and I'd buy.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
The only Shanate merchandise I really want (outside of the Kickstarter goodies I'm getting for contributing $200) is a Shantae plushie.

TheRickyWill

Smash Champion
The big problem, that WF has mentioned before, is that they don't really have a lot of disposable cash to make Shantae merch with.

The fact that there's two websites that mainly carry Shovel Knight merch shows that Yacht Club has less money issues and more offers, in terms of merchandise manufacturing.

The same probably applies for all of his cameos.

Last edited:

Shadowknight1

Banned via Administration

Okay, this Link is a great figure and all...and now I really want a Shantae figma...as great as this turned out, Shantae would look amazing.

Kaiserverus

Smash Rookie
Add me to the supporters list, I want her on Smash (want her bad enough to make an account here just to support her lol) even if I know she have low possibilities I think she is Smash material

ShyGuy XL

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShyGuyES
3DS FC
5386-9776-6327

Okay, this Link is a great figure and all...and now I really want a Shantae figma...as great as this turned out, Shantae would look amazing.
The detailing is amazing I hope Shantae gets a figma one day also I wonder that Japanese fan is doing with his fan made figure ?

TheRickyWill

Smash Champion
What if Shantae nor Shovel Knight made it to Smash, but we're then suddenly surprised by an announcement for a legitimate 2D arcade fighter starring indie characters, in the 2D Sprites/3D Background style of MvC2, Guilty Gear, and BlazBlue?

image.jpg

i can dream

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
What if Shantae nor Shovel Knight made it to Smash, but we're then suddenly surprised by an announcement for a legitimate 2D arcade fighter starring indie characters, in the 2D Sprites/3D Background style of MvC2, Guilty Gear, and BlazBlue?

View attachment 77256
i can dream
Hmmm...
On the one hand, I stink at all non Smash fighters.
On the other hand, Shantae is playable.
Count me in.

Misfortunedarkrai

Smash Cadet

View attachment 77256
i can dream
It would be cool to see her in a capcom crossover game since her first game was published by capcom.
I could see her in tatsunoko vs capcom 2 (I would say marvel vs capcom 4 but that's never gonna happen due to the contract with marvel expiring.)

TheRickyWill

Smash Champion
The roster would probably be this:

-Shantae
-Shovel Knight
-Lilac (Freedom Planet)
-Juan (Guacamelee)
-Reimu Hakurei (Touhou)
-Gunvolt (Azure Striker Gunvolt)
-CommanderVideo (BitTrip)
-Peacock (Skullgirls)

TheRickyWill

Smash Champion
The 3 victory animations:

1. Shantae enters the screen as a monkey, and gets back into her human form.

2. Shantae falls from the air on the ground via scimitar

3. Hair whips

Extrain

Smash Journeyman
Even though it wouldn't/shouldn't happen (considering the rating of her games and ZSS alternate costumes), how would you guys feel if Shante had her vest from PC buttoned up like this when she was revealed?

TheRickyWill

Smash Champion
i wouldn't care.

shantae actually looks pretty cool with her vest buttoned up.

I'd expect a metric ton of people accusing Nintendo of body shaming, though.

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Even though it wouldn't/shouldn't happen (considering the rating of her games and ZSS alternate costumes), how would you guys feel if Shante had her vest from PC buttoned up like this when she was revealed?
Looks okay to me. For some reason, I feel this might be what she would look like in Smash. Don't get me wrong, I'm aware of the whole ZSS thing, but I'd be lying if I slid never noticed Shantae shows off just a BIT more than her. MAYBE the vest would be a compromise. Just throwing it out there.

Midnight Twinkle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MidnightTwinkle
3DS FC
1461-6246-6413
Looks interesting. I could see this as a alternate costume. But not for her default look lol. Even if Shantae shows a little bit more skin up top, her bust really isn't that big. They're...... very round yes.... but not huge lol If that makes any sense. Also, Palutena, you can always see up her dress and she doesn't even have a shadow under it.

TheRickyWill

Smash Champion
image.jpg

y'know i made a joke about Ko giving Shantae a scarf made her look like Boom Sonic but c'mon you don't go this far

Last edited:

TheRickyWill

Smash Champion
What would the story of a Shantae & Shovel Knight (or Freedom Planet) crossover or an indie all-star fighter be, anyway?

I have the idea for an evil entity meant to be the embodiment of a rouge glitch in a video game to be behind the main conflict, and that's all I've really got.

Last edited:

Shadowknight1

Banned via Administration
i wouldn't care.

shantae actually looks pretty cool with her vest buttoned up.

I'd expect a metric ton of people accusing Nintendo of body shaming, though.
Which is funny because the same amount of people would accuse them of oversexualizing the game if they go for the normal design. Seriously, why is it women in today's society have to be ashamed of being attractive? When did this ridiculous trend start?

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
The 3 victory animations:

1. Shantae enters the screen as a monkey, and gets back into her human form.

2. Shantae falls from the air on the ground via scimitar

3. Hair whips
How could you leave out her rotation animation?

I also think for that first one, it could her flying in her monkey form to grab a gem, then transforming back to perform a dance like in micro game in WarioWare D.I.W.

What would the story of a Shantae & Shovel Knight (or Freedom Planet) crossover or an indie all-star fighter be, anyway?

I have the idea for an evil entity meant to be the embodiment of a rouge glitch in a video game to be behind the main conflict, and that's all I've really got.
That actually reminds me of a SMBZ-inspired sprite-animated series idea I had some ideas for and discussed with some friends, it'll likely never come to fruition, but the premise was a Mario/Sonic/Mega Man/Pac-Man crossover with a sentient version of the infamous 256 glitch from Pac-Man/Donkey Kong as the main antagonist

Which is funny because the same amount of people would accuse them of oversexualizing the game if they go for the normal design. Seriously, why is it women in today's society have to be ashamed of being attractive? When did this ridiculous trend start?
Blame the people who take Feminism to the extremes

Last edited:

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
Wait Shantae has a vest in HGH? I though she didn't have a vest. Did she get a slight alteration for HGH?

TheRickyWill

Smash Champion
That actually reminds me of a SMBZ-inspired sprite-animated series idea I had some ideas for and discussed with some friends, it'll likely never come to fruition, but the premise was a Mario/Sonic/Mega Man/Pac-Man crossover with a sentient version of the infamous 256 glitch from Pac-Man/Donkey Kong as the main antagonist
In Pac-Man's case, that's actually a game.
image.jpg

Speaking of crossovers, out of all the ones that ol' Shovel Knight's been in, the one he fits the least in is my favorite, just because of the concept:

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
In Pac-Man's case, that's actually a game.
View attachment 77340
I know about that one, it's a bit complicated what I was planning to do with it and not fully fleshed out, but it would've evolved from both the collection of jumbled pixels it's known as and ectoplasm from the ghosts inhabiting the maze zone of Pac-Man's world (not the four main ones) into a sentient life form capable of corrupting living beings and eventually entire worlds, even some of the protagonists' allies, think of it being similar to the D Reaper from Digimon Tamers

Speaking of crossovers, out of all the ones that ol' Shovel Knight's been in, the one he fits the least in is my favorite, just because of the concept:
This is real right? This is both stupid and awesome

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
So guys, there was an Indie smash bros-esque fan game before runbow, and all the other currently popular indies not named Minecraft or Cave Story, even existed.

But it was never finished. (Shantae wasn't in it either but it did exist)

Last edited:

TheRickyWill

Smash Champion
So guys, there was an Indie smash bros-esque fan game before runbow, and all the other currently popular indies not named Minecraft or Cave Story, even existed.

But it was never finished. (Shantae wasn't in it either but it did exist)
Cave Story came out in 2004, so I highly doubt that...

I'm talking about a legtimate crossover fighting game.

It could probably be a well-done fan project in MUGEN if smart folk are willing enough to work on it.
image.jpg

Last edited:

SL the Pyro

Smash Apprentice
I know. I only mentioned those two for the fact that they are still popular. Also i said NOT NAMED Cave Story or Minecraft for a reason. :laugh:

It was this.
I remember that. I also remember it not getting off the ground because some of the desired indie characters weren't allowed to be used because their creators said so... or at least that was the case with Quote and Curly Brace. It was during the time when Cave Story was the flavour of the year, so people were really salty.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
To be fair on Indie Brawl, they were only asking permission. Actually going out of their way to contact the creators of the indie games.

So it was really just a yes or no deal. But i admire them for doing that.

Top Bottom