• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town, Shantae for SSB4 (WayForward wants her in Smash)

BlitzUnleashed

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I can say this costume led to a decrease in hype for King K Rool (which in turn lead to less votes when the costume was first shown), but he's not out of the running just yet.
Still, I feel bad for the people who wanted him in. The Mii costume doesn't deconfirm him, sure, but they were all hyped up about him, and then they get THAT slapped in their faces. I sure hope Sakurai knows what he's doing.

Midnight Twinkle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MidnightTwinkle
3DS FC
1461-6246-6413
I still wouldn't count K. Rool out just yet, not until Sakurai says End of DLC.
Very true sir. After all, Daddy Sakurai is king of the trolls. We will just have to wait and see.

Let's grant a wish!

#Shantae4Smash #VoteForShantae

SL the Pyro

Smash Apprentice
Aye, don't pound nails into K. Rool's coffin just yet. People thought the Mii Meta Knight Mask would deconfirm Meta Knight himself, but then he was revealed the next day. Something similar could be happening here.

If anything, this increases K. Rool's chances because it means the hype for him has been recognized by the dev team. Hype trains have been working well enough for Shantae, after all.

BlitzUnleashed

Smash Apprentice
I still wouldn't count K. Rool out just yet, not until Sakurai says End of DLC.
Like I said, the Mii costume doesn't deconfirm him. We are, basically, a month-half away, so anything is possible. I just find it strange Sakurai would make this move. Then again, he could be up to something. He's sometimes unpredictable, after all.

RosaPeach

Smash Journeyman
Mii costume does'nt deconfirm their chances. Look at Meta Knight Samus and Link Sakuari tries to miss with our emotions after that word of Smash E3 Direct its called payback. I love to see Lloyd but his chances is low and I think Namco deserves another character than Capcom.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

People who support the deconfirmation idea when it comes to Mii fighters always respond with "well, those characters that are in together with the mii costumes have always been veterans, or were already in the game when the costume came out".
And that is true, but still proves nothing.

Heck, I even believe that a Barbara the bat thing character is a possibility.

But regardless, they will keep on boasting their positions as long as the top statement holds true, even if it really says nothing about the situation at hand. It's just a wishful "what-if" statement.

Credit goes to @Captain Shwampy for finding this, but the Rhythm Heaven artist drew Shantae.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Oh my god, that's so adorable <3

Last edited by a moderator:

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
And another important person from Japan knows about Shantae. And people say that she is obscure in Japan because?

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
And another important person from Japan knows about Shantae. And people say that she is obscure in Japan because?
Arrogance. That's why. I mean, sure, maybe she's not AS known as in the west. But some saying she's a "nobody" or "Doesn't appeal to Japan".... now you know why I had a problem with people before seeing that blatant BS.

Last edited:

TheRickyWill

Smash Champion
Credit goes to @Captain Shwampy for finding this, but the Rhythm Heaven artist drew Shantae.

Aaahhhhhh SHE'S SO CUTE

I'm calling it now: The moment Shantae, Risky's Revenge, Pirate's Curse, and 1/2 Genie Hero hits Japan, Shantae will skyrocket near the top of the cuteness charts, next to Pikachu and Kirby.

I'm really digging that scarf she has, by the way.

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
That first one looks like Ashley in style, imo. I like it.
Ko Takeuchi did design WarioWare characters such as Ashley so that's probably where you got that from
Funny, considering Shantae's appearance, I honestly got a Mona vibe from it. Probably because they look (or maybe even are) the same age. Wait, Mona has been confirmed to be 18 as of WW: Smooth Moves, am I right?

Zoljinx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Zoljinx
3DS FC
5343-8245-7441
yup. she's TOTALLY not known in Japan at all...

I stopped getting notifications from this thread, and now look at it. i missed the 100 page mark. >.> it's actually nice to see Shantae get this much support.

TheRickyWill

Smash Champion
Funny, considering Shantae's appearance, I honestly got a Mona vibe from it. Probably because they look (or maybe even are) the same age. Wait, Mona has been confirmed to be 18 as of WW: Smooth Moves, am I right?
She's always been classified as "High School Student", so it's not very clear.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Mona is that girl with the biker gear, right? I don't know, I only know a few characters from the Warioware series mainly from Brawl, so sorry if I got the character wrong, but Ashley is the only one that sticks out to me cause I love her as a character. That's really the reason I thought of her first, imo.

Last edited:

TheRickyWill

Smash Champion
Mona is that girl with the biker gear, right? I don't know, I only know a few characters from the Warioware series mainly from Brawl, so sorry if I got the character wrong, but Ashley is the only one that sticks out to me cause I love her as a character. That's really the reason I thought of her first, imo.
Ashley and Wario are the only ones that matter.

When are we ever going to see Waluigi in a WarioWare title?

Jave

Smash Ace
NNID
Javeman
Mona's shtick is that she is always changing jobs, so she wears a different outfit in every game in the series (and sometimes more than one in a single game). If she were to potentially make it to Smash as a playable, she actually has enough outfits to cover her 8 alts.

Zoljinx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Zoljinx
3DS FC
5343-8245-7441
i like to imagine Waluigi is actually Wario's imaginary friend/brother, and he only shows up when Wario's around Mario and Luigi. and that's why he only shows up in the Spin-off games.

i always thought that if the "Wario" series ever got a second rep, it'd be Mona. she's always been an appealing character to me, and i always saw her as "the 2nd most important character" in the Warioware series... no idea why.

also. Dribble & Spitz are the best Warioware characters, right above Orbulon.

but i don't wanna stray too far away from Shantae talk. i played a little of Pirates Curse a while back, (taking my sweet time with it) and so far i like it alot. will need to pick it up again in the near future.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
i like to imagine Waluigi is actually Wario's imaginary friend/brother, and he only shows up when Wario's around Mario and Luigi. and that's why he only shows up in the Spin-off games.

i always thought that if the "Wario" series ever got a second rep, it'd be Mona. she's always been an appealing character to me, and i always saw her as "the 2nd most important character" in the Warioware series... no idea why.

but i don't wanna stray too far away from Shantae talk. i played a little of Pirates Curse a while back, (taking my sweet time with it) and so far i like it alot. will need to pick it up again in the near future.
I remember some time ago, Nintendo said Waluigi was Wario's stalker friend who only hung out with him because he wanted Daisy. This was during the same time when they revealed Wapeach.

smashkirby

Smash Hero

That's exactly how. I feel too. If Wario does get a second rep, it'll probably be Mona.

TheRickyWill

Smash Champion
With the scarf Shantae has that Ko drew on her, I'm really trying to resist making Sonic Boom jokes...

Excuse me as a I vent by drawing Shantae obsessing over bounce pads.

Last edited:

War Anvil

Smash Lord
NNID
BattlingIronItem
3DS FC
2208-4585-5395
Switch FC
SW-5940-1276-1225
First Ken, now Ko.
"Japan doesn't know Shantae." yeah. okay.
Man, I wanna see Sugimori draw Shantae now! And even better yet, Naoto Ohshima's (Sonic's original character designer) take on the little half-genie.

Last edited:

TheRickyWill

Smash Champion
Man, I wanna see Sugimori draw Shantae now! And even better yet, Naoto Ohshima's (Sonic's original character designer) take on the little half-genie.
I think Shantae may have more of a shot, now. Considering those two artists are in companies affiliated with Nintendo, and it may catch their eye.

Also, can we have the artist who drew Sonic in the adventure style do Shantae? That would be amazing.

I miss that art style...

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I think Shantae may have more of a shot, now. Considering those two artists are in companies affiliated with Nintendo, and it may catch their eye.

Also, can we have the artist who drew Sonic in the adventure style do Shantae? That would be amazing.

I miss that art style...
Everyone does

Jave

Smash Ace
NNID
Javeman
With the scarf Shantae has that Ko drew on her, I'm really trying to resist making Sonic Boom jokes...

Excuse me as a I vent by drawing Shantae obsessing over bounce pads.
The funny thing is that the scarf reminds me of Zero, the Smash Bros. Champion.

IT MUST BE A CLUE.

Top Bottom