• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town, Shantae for SSB4 (WayForward wants her in Smash)

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Last edited:

Black-magic13

Smash Apprentice
Remembering that tweet matt bozon made about shantae being in smash.... I wonder if like him and sakurai struck a deal somewhere and she is being developed at this moment. I haven't gotten much to see on that speculation but it us a thought that cones to mind sometimes. What you guys think?

Mikegamer0608

Smash Lord
NNID
Mikegamer0608
Remembering that tweet matt bozon made about shantae being in smash.... I wonder if like him and sakurai struck a deal somewhere and she is being developed at this moment. I haven't gotten much to see on that speculation but it us a thought that cones to mind sometimes. What you guys think?
I think he was just posting that tweet just for fun and possibly attract more votes.

Mikegamer0608

Smash Lord
NNID
Mikegamer0608
I also want to quote PushDustIn on the things he listed about the leak.
1. All three of us have contact with the guy.
2. Most of the reasons why we have issues with this guys source are with pieces of information he confined in us. He also said we couldn't share that information as it might endanger his source. Since we don't want to risk a guy getting fired (even if we think it's fake), we decided not to share this information.
3. Everything that I share must be approved by Neo Zero. He has my permission to ban me from Smashboards if I leaked any information from #2.
4. There are pieces of information that we got the okay to share on Source Gaming but because of #2, we decided not to post it as there is evidence against it, as decided by all three parties in #1.

I literally only slept 4 hours in order to discuss/ research this leak and go to work today. The decision not to share was not taken lightly, and you guys have my full honesty.

Black-magic13

Smash Apprentice
I think he was just posting that tweet just for fun and possibly attract more votes.
Most likely that, but when I saw some of the responses he best be careful. Some people took it as a confirmation and some were saying things like "don't play with my heart matt bozon" . fans do crazy things when upset so ,for his sake I hope he knows what he is doing.

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
Man, I love how this character absolutely represents both originality and being inspired all at the same time lol.

#Shantae4Smash

#BecausesheisalreadyRet-2-Go!

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Well guys, I'll be doing something Shantae related over the next few weeks, but at the same time, I won't be here on Smashboards as frequently as I normally am on. Hopefully, it'll turn out to be a great product in the end and perhaps it could help Shantae out even more in terms of getting her out and recognized? We'll just have to see.

Felix the Slayer

Ret-2-Go!
3DS FC
3093-7620-3358
Well guys, I'll be doing something Shantae related over the next few weeks, but at the same time, I won't be here on Smashboards as frequently as I normally am on. Hopefully, it'll turn out to be a great product in the end and perhaps it could help Shantae out even more in terms of getting her out and recognized? We'll just have to see.
Care to share what it is, or is it a surprise?

conTAgi0n

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 1668 7817 3192
I meant to say this in my earlier post, but you can add me to the list of supporters. As much as I love K. Rool and heavyweights in general, Shantae is without a doubt my most wanted DLC character. I tried her games out of curiosity because of people talking about voting for her in the ballot, and now I am fully on board the Shantae hype train, so all the campaigning definitely works.

By the way, is anyone else using their Streetpass greeting on 3DS to get out the word? I changed mine to "#ShantaeForSmash", and if I'm on a college campus or whatever I'll sometimes purposefully make Pirate's Curse my most recent software. It seems like a good way to spread the word to Nintendo fans and potential ballot voters who don't visit sites like smashboards or the smash subreddit.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Just downloaded the soundtrack of Shantae and the Pirate's Curse!

Now I have all of the games' soundtracks (except Shantae: Half-Genie Here for obvious reasons)!

Mikegamer0608

Smash Lord
NNID
Mikegamer0608
Last edited by a moderator:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Umm, I already posted the bottom one before. And also, quick note, make sure you space the "[/spoiler]" at the end of links, otherwise, it goes with the link, screwing that up, and messes up your spoiler in the process.

I had to fix that before I posted this.

But I gotta say, I love the first one. It's beautiful. Nice find.

Mikegamer0608

Smash Lord
NNID
Mikegamer0608
Sorry for somewhat late reply, but I think just for right now, it shall be a secret. I think you guys will like it. :p
Ok

Shantae Karting
Some Miiverse posts

I'm gonna try and gather all the new supporters so I can mention them to @ 8-peacock-8 8-peacock-8 so he/she can add them to the support list on the first page. Let me know if you're not on the support list yet.

Mikegamer0608

Smash Lord
NNID
Mikegamer0608
Alright I've gather all the new supporters on this list. Let me know if you're not on this list.

Mighty Minotaur
Felix_the_Slayer
LittleToys
Creativion
Fralex
Kevandre
Pyrofishy
DaemonDD
MachRider94
Solo Bolo
DarkAura64
Jasae Bushae
NateCurtis(NJC)
GoldLiger
Black-magic13
ThePsychoWolf
Midnight Twinkle
conTAgi0n

Last edited:

conTAgi0n

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 1668 7817 3192
Alright I've gather all the new supporters on this list. Let me know if you're not on this list.

Mighty Minotaur
Felix_the_Slayer
LittleToys
Creativion
Fralex
Kevandre
Pyrofishy
DaemonDD
MachRider94
Solo Bolo
DarkAura64
Jasae Bushae
NateCurtis(NJC)
GoldLiger
Black-magic13
ThePsychoWolf
Midnight Twinkle

Don't forget me!!

Raheem The Dream

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RaheemTheDream28
3DS FC
5043-2968-5730
Everybody, please listen! Haters gonna hate and DevilX90 The idiot hater have returns to hate on Shantae again & who've just wanna say some dumbfounded crap like this:
Well, months have passed, and still no Shantae. She will probably not make it as DLC, just saying.
15 days ago by DevilX90"[Spoilers]"

He needs to be proven wrong and especially needs to SHUT THE **** UP on our precious SHANTAE's includsion for Smash Bros DLC in time! P.S: @ Mikegamer0608 Mikegamer0608 & @Manic Rykker, please follow me and help me to protect our Shantae from stupid haters, nowadays!
#ShantaeForSmash as we Shantae-ians- fans supporters must unite as one together and forever more of #ShantaeForSmash, NO MATTER WHAT!
11745593_1645037335771559_8686164526975142401_n Shantae.jpg

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Everybody, please listen! Haters gonna hate
It's reasons like this why I never visit the support thread for my 3rd most-wanted character (2nd and 1st being Balloon Fighter and Scrooge McDuck)
I love Shantae and all (I just drew her now infact) but there are just some times...

Not meaning to cause any flame wars, I'm just saying there are reasons...

Last edited:

Black-magic13

Smash Apprentice
It's reasons like this why I never visit the support thread for my 3rd most-wanted character (2nd and 1st being Balloon Fighter and Scrooge McDuck)
I love Shantae and all (I just drew her now infact) but there are just some times...

Not meaning to cause any flame wars, I'm just saying there are reasons...
I don't blame you because people always have something really negative to say. It becomes annoying and discouraging when you see those types of comments. Trolls sadly rule the web.

Zoljinx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Zoljinx
3DS FC
5343-8245-7441
went ahead and Googled this username, i find it odd that he calls himself a "Shantae fan" and yet seems 100% against her inclusion, you'd think if you were a fan of a character you'd support that character in whatever the developers would want to put them in.

ah well. one voice against many is how I'm looking at this. all we really can do is drown him out with our own voices. and on that note: #ShantaeForSmash

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
went ahead and Googled this username, i find it odd that he calls himself a "Shantae fan" and yet seems 100% against her inclusion, you'd think if you were a fan of a character you'd support that character in whatever the developers would want to put them in.

ah well. one voice against many is how I'm looking at this. all we really can do is drown him out with our own voices. and on that note: #ShantaeForSmash
I heard this same spill with the whole "True Ridley/Metriod Fan" to use that against the Ridley supporters just to bash them and call them names for wanting him playable. Whether or not you support peoples wants for their character, as long as you don't treat them bad that want these characters playable, then it's fine to have a differing opinion, to each their own I guess. But as you said, it's best to support what you all want for Shantae, and dismiss any naysayers that thinks differently.

Last edited:

Midnight Twinkle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MidnightTwinkle
3DS FC
1461-6246-6413
[quote="
Well, months have passed, and still no Shantae. She will probably not make it as DLC, just saying.
15 days ago by DevilX90"[Spoilers]"

Hmm, he's right... months have passed and there is still no Shantae confirmation.... y'know why? Because the ballot hasn't ENDED yet! K. Rool hasn't been confirmed guess that means he's not coming either. Seriously, people can be so silly.

As Raheem said, "Haters gonna hate." Just have to ignore them.

Last edited:
Top Bottom