• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town, Shantae for SSB4 (WayForward wants her in Smash)

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
Hey guys, I have been here watching you all discuss about Shantae's chances in Smash 4 DLC and I have to say that I am on board. I wanted to chat but the website couldn't send me the confirmation e-mail so I had to wait for whatever problems it had to fix itself. Anyways just add this Liger to the list of confirmed Shantae supporters.

#Shantae4Smash

Mikegamer0608

Smash Lord
NNID
Mikegamer0608
Hey guys, I have been here watching you all discuss about Shantae's chances in Smash 4 DLC and I have to say that I am on board. I wanted to chat but the website couldn't send me the confirmation e-mail so I had to wait for whatever problems it had to fix itself. Anyways just add this Liger to the list of confirmed Shantae supporters.

#Shantae4Smash
:starman::colorful:Welcome to the Group!:colorful::starman:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist

#Shantae4Smash
Welcome to Smashboards and welcome to the thread. Hope you enjoy it here. :)

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Just learned that Pirate's Curse has a bad ending.

Glad I got the good ending when I played or would've been very disappointed since the good ending wrapped up loose ends the first two games created.

Last edited:

Black-magic13

Smash Apprentice
Hi everyone I'm new here :-) .I'm so down for SHANTAE for smash I been trying to get as much votes as possible and still trying. Please tell me what I can do to help support her more.

Raheem The Dream

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RaheemTheDream28
3DS FC
5043-2968-5730

Mikegamer0608

Smash Lord
NNID
Mikegamer0608
Take a very very large truckload of table salt ready, but the same guy who was involved in leaking the entire official roster says that Nintendo shortlisted 15-20 characters from the ballot.

He knows some of them

- King. K. Rool
- Paper Mario
- Chibi Robo
- Waluigi
He also states that there are 25 members working at the team full time and that new modes are in development. The new modes has some credibility (Sakurai said this himself)

Click at own risk
I'm really taking this with a fistful of salt right now. So I'm not sure to believe this quite yet. If this is possibly true, I hope that in the 15-20 chosen characters that one of them is Shantae.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Take a very very large truckload of table salt ready, but the same guy who was involved in leaking the entire official roster says that Nintendo shortlisted 15-20 characters from the ballot.

He knows some of them

- King. K. Rool
- Paper Mario
- Chibi Robo
- Waluigi
He also states that there are 25 members working at the team full time and that new modes are in development. The new modes has some credibility (Sakurai said this himself)

Click at own risk
I'm really taking this with a fistful of salt right now. So I'm not sure to believe this quite yet. If this is possibly true, I hope that in the 15-20 chosen characters that one of them is Shantae.
To be honest, I believe one of them will be Shantae (if this leak is even true). Sakurai has to see potential in her by now.

Last edited:

BigShad

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0602-6501-8253
Shantae has to be at least in the top 20-15, so I don't see why she wouldn't be in.
But yeah, industrial-accident levels of salt incoming.

Raheem The Dream

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RaheemTheDream28
3DS FC
5043-2968-5730
Uagh.... I really don't desire anymore Mario Bros. characters.
I definitely agreed with you about we don't need anymore Mario Bros. Characters, but I personally wanted Geno
geno sign.png
to be The very last Mario & first time Square-Enix character to be reckon with in time and especially our precious Shantae
CBs_TeAUgAAs7s1 Shantae.png
as well!

Last edited:

Zoljinx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Zoljinx
3DS FC
5343-8245-7441
i don't buy it. K. Rool is to obvious in leading the ballot, Paper Mario and Chibi-Robo are safe guesses simply because they have new games coming out. and Waluigi... i don't get it. although he has a cult following, he's already an AT and in my mind i don't see the current AT's we have in Sm4sh becoming playable in the same game. it would cause confusion if they ever popped out while said character was being played. The Mario series has a good amount of characters with what they have now, being the flagship series of Nintendo, as well as having the most characters in Smash already, they don't actually need more, not to mention the rabid Daisy fans that would riot over her being the only Mario character left out.

not to mention this "Leaker's" credibility is questionable at best, all he claims is "i was a part of the ESRB leak" and that he is somebody that closed their account because of a bet,i could make stuff up and claim that and would have the same amount of credibility.

EDIT:let's also not forget that it is a text based leak, which more often than not are fake.

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

He knows some of them

- King. K. Rool
- Paper Mario
- Chibi Robo
- Waluigi

Click at own risk
I'll take it with a giant grain of salt, anyone can say they were the one who leaked the roster.

If it's true however, firstly, I really hope Rayman and Shantae are on that list, secondly, this guy must love getting into trouble.

Mikegamer0608

Smash Lord
NNID
Mikegamer0608
I'll take it with a giant grain of salt, anyone can say they were the one who leaked the roster.

If it's true however, firstly, I really hope Rayman and Shantae are on that list, secondly, this guy must love getting into trouble.
I'm hearing PushDustIn is in talks with the leaker at the moment so he might make a article over at Sourcegaming soon.

Raheem The Dream

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RaheemTheDream28
3DS FC
5043-2968-5730
i don't buy it. K. Rool is to obvious in leading the ballot, Paper Mario and Chibi-Robo are safe guesses simply because they have new games coming out. and Waluigi... i don't get it. although he has a cult following, he's already an AT and in my mind i don't see the current AT's we have in Sm4sh becoming playable in the same game. it would cause confusion if they ever popped out while said character was being played. The Mario series has a good amount of characters with what they have now, being the flagship series of Nintendo, as well as having the most characters in Smash already, they don't actually need more, not to mention the rabid Daisy fans that would riot over her being the only Mario character left out.

not to mention this "Leaker's" credibility is questionable at best, all he claims is "i was a part of the ESRB leak" and that he is somebody that closed their account because of a bet,i could make stuff up and claim that and would have the same amount of credibility.
Seriously, I don't want Paper Mario & Chibi-Robo in general! But, Geno. Yes, I believes for me and my fellow Geno's fans friends can enjoy in time! Hey, @kiteinthesky! #GenoForSmash. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Geno...-4-3DSWii-U-verisons/1722501687975421?fref=ts P.S:#ShantaeForSmash
Shantae.png
geno.gif

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
I'm hearing PushDustIn is in talks with the leaker at the moment so he might make a article over at Sourcegaming soon.
I begin to wonder why; Perhaps he's asking him for more details? (would be cool if he found out from the guy if Shantae was on that list, but only if its true).

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Is it bad I'm still hoping that Shantae 2: Risky Revolution (aka Shantae Advance) will hopefully see the light of day?

When asked about it a couple years ago, WayForward did say "never say never, but nothing to announce" (unfortunately, WayForward's Twitch video with that statement and any other sources from Twitch have been deleted).

Mikegamer0608

Smash Lord
NNID
Mikegamer0608
Status update: PushDustIn, vaanrose, and Neo Zero have finished with their chat with the leaker. So I'll quote what Neo Zero said

PushDustIn and I finished our chat with him a little while ago. He's currently sleeping if he never said. Now that we have his testimony, vaanrose, PushDustIn and myself will compare to that established fact, as well as other things he has said. Suffice to say at this moment, there appears to be quite a few red flags now that we've heard everything he has to say.

Definitely interested to hear what these red flags are, but we're gonna have to wait to hear back from them.

Last edited by a moderator:

SL the Pyro

Smash Apprentice
Nintendo have shortlisted around 15-20 characters from the ballot...
Ahaha.

Ahahahahahahahaha.

No.

BULL**** ALARM ACTIVATED

If this had perhaps happened past the Fighter Ballot end-date, I might have believed it, but we're only just a little over halfway through. I don't give a rip about the leaker's apparent credibility, Nintendo couldn't possibly have set aside that many characters, let alone even considered setting aside characters, before the ballot ended.

99% sure this is garbage. I'm just gonna sit back in preparation to apply some of that incoming salt to my popcorn.

BigShad

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0602-6501-8253
Ahaha.

Ahahahahahahahaha.

No.

BULL**** ALARM ACTIVATED

If this had perhaps happened past the Fighter Ballot end-date, I might have believed it, but we're only just a little over halfway through. I don't give a rip about the leaker's apparent credibility, Nintendo couldn't possibly have set aside that many characters, let alone even considered setting aside characters, before the ballot ended.

99% sure this is garbage. I'm just gonna sit back in preparation to apply some of that incoming salt to my popcorn.
The fun thing is that nothing's set in stone here on the hype train. There could be a chance that Nintendo is working on characters in order of who has the most hype at the moment, hence the characters being set aside, so that when the ballot ends they have a nice trailer for some of the winners. But there's no way it can already be 20, that's way too early.

Mikegamer0608

Smash Lord
NNID
Mikegamer0608
Ahaha.

Ahahahahahahahaha.

No.

BULL**** ALARM ACTIVATED

The fun thing is that nothing's set in stone here on the hype train. There could be a chance that Nintendo is working on characters in order of who has the most hype at the moment, hence the characters being set aside, so that when the ballot ends they have a nice trailer for some of the winners. But there's no way it can already be 20, that's way too early.
The leaker says the 15-20 characters are just characters who might have been handpicked by Nintendo themselves and they're part of a shortlist. So it could mean that maybe 5 out of the 20 could be DLC. But right now nothing is set in stone and we don't know if this leak is fake or not. So for now I'm still leaning toward this being fake.

Mikegamer0608

Smash Lord
NNID
Mikegamer0608
Here's what the leaker says over at Gamefaqs

Me and Neo has just finished having a wee chat about things and we both agree to just let this fade for now, PushDustIn has all the info I have actual proof for, so it's up to him if he wishes to continue with this, but for now, this is all I can give.

I won't be posting on the thread no more, as I really don't have any more info I can give and I have no proof to back up my claims.

Last edited:

Black-magic13

Smash Apprentice
:starman::colorful:Welcome to the Group!:colorful::starman:
Thank you please add me to the support area.

Come join me to support my #ShantaeForSmash Community Club to support our Shantae more L-O-V-E in T-I-M-E! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Shan...DSWii-U-version/769600476420657?ref=bookmarksView attachment 62187
Oh best believe I joined already LOL before I made this account.

I'm still trying to get votes and such. I can recommend ideas if anyone wants any.

Last edited:

Mikegamer0608

Smash Lord
NNID
Mikegamer0608
Thank you please add me to the support area.

Oh best believe I joined already LOL before I made this account.

I'm still trying to get votes and such. I can recommend ideas if anyone wants any.
I wish I can update the support list myself but I'm not the thread owner so I can't edit the list, but I'll see if I can let him know to update the list with you and the new supporters.

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
If it would be at all possible, could you guys spoiler the fan pictures? I like reading this thread because I'm a Shantae supporter but have never played her games, so getting insight about her character and games from those who have is really cool. However, the pictures make it hard to navigate through the thread and I'm more-than-not just skipping through the page and closing once I'm caught up without actually reading, which I don't want to do because I'm missing information and discussion. But at the same time, I don't want to be bombarded by several hundred fan pictures that slow down the loading of the site, haha.

PushDustIn is letting people know that the leak is fake and telling people to ignore it for now.
For example, I don't have context for this and can't find it in amidst all the fanart, which makes me sad because I want to know and maybe be a part in the discussion but the pictures present a problem got computer.

But that's just me hopefully! By all means don't stop on my account, keep the Shantae support going! :awesome:

Mikegamer0608

Smash Lord
NNID
Mikegamer0608
If it would be at all possible, could you guys spoiler the fan pictures? I like reading this thread because I'm a Shantae supporter but have never played her games, so getting insight about her character and games from those who have is really cool. However, the pictures make it hard to navigate through the thread and I'm more-than-not just skipping through the page and closing once I'm caught up without actually reading, which I don't want to do because I'm missing information and discussion. But at the same time, I don't want to be bombarded by several hundred fan pictures that slow down the loading of the site, haha.

For example, I don't have context for this and can't find it in amidst all the fanart, which makes me sad because I want to know and maybe be a part in the discussion but the pictures present a problem got computer.

But that's just me hopefully! By all means don't stop on my account, keep the Shantae support going! :awesome:
I can do that to make it easier. Also dumb question...how do you add spoilers?

Mikegamer0608

Smash Lord
NNID
Mikegamer0608
Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom