• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town, Shantae for SSB4 (WayForward wants her in Smash)

Mikegamer0608

Smash Lord
NNID
Mikegamer0608
Seriously, I truly don't want Paper Mario as DLC, but Geno from Super Mario RPG: Legend of The Seven Stars-SNES, 1996 now he's the only final special kind of Mario type character that seriously needed to be strictly confirmed as a New DLC playable character in T-I-M-E for LEGENDARY Super Smash Bros Franchise in 3DS/Wii U versions and btw #Shantae4SmashBrosDLC & even #Geno4SmashBrosDLC for the both their sakes in DLC roster's slot!

P.S: F# you, Paper Mario! Cuz, Geno is extremely perfect and especially for Shantae that Smash Bros Franchise itself must have Shantae for more female fighters to add in!

http://smashboards.com/threads/geno-♥♪-return-of-the-starsend-savior-geno4smash-everyones-gotta-do-their-part-vote-geno.324253/View attachment 46701 View attachment 46702
Easy now Dream let's not bring any hate on other characters. Just try to rally more support for Geno.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
When browsing the web & Miiverse relating to Smash or the Smash Ballot, the indie character I always see the most is our gal Shantae.

This makes me happy!

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
Glad to see all my picks are on this list! xD

Not to detract from people who like him but....Waluigi? Shouldn't he have his own game first?[...]
I have wanted Waluigi to be in ever since Brawl was announced. He's the only "bro" missing. :4mario::4luigi::4wario2:
In a Smash Bros game.

Raheem The Dream

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RaheemTheDream28
3DS FC
5043-2968-5730
Easy now Dream let's not bring any hate on other characters. Just try to rally more support for Geno.
I'm aware of not try to bring any kind of hate on other characters, but Paper Mario, really! To be STRICTLY, honest! We've already been got Super Mario himself and Masahiro Sakurai-San should've been adding Paper Mario as an alternative skin for Mario and especially people are actually complaining about there's too many Mario's characters, what not! All I'm saying that on personal smart genius opinion Paper Mario would be a waste of smash roster slot space and Geno needed to be strictly reckon with before Paper Mario in this very New installment of Super Smash Bros Franchise for bringing in characters that's needed to be confirmed like Geno that he was requested by a incredible amount of fans supporters & The first ACT hit to Smash Bros Franchise! Well, the good news is that Geno is actually owned by AlphaDream finally and hopefully for Geno's sakes shall be include in SMASH BROS Franchise and especially Shantae for me to main her and teamworking with her in SMASH BROS for fun experience moments of replays to share with all of you, Shantae-ians supporters in this thread! In any case right about now and I'll keep voting my lovely, Shantae and The Star Spirit warrior: Geno shall come back in our futuristic modern times sakes for crying out loud! P.S: I'm voting on my Wii console, New 3DS XL Majora's Mask Limited edition, and even my tablet that I'm using now to make this post comment and Good-Luck for #Shantae4SmashBrosDLC!

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I'm aware of not try to bring any kind of hate on other characters, but Paper Mario, really! To be STRICTLY, honest! We've already been got Super Mario himself and Masahiro Sakurai-San should've been adding Paper Mario as an alternative skin for Mario and especially people are actually complaining about there's too many Mario's characters, what not! All I'm saying that on personal smart genius opinion Paper Mario would be a waste of smash roster slot space and Geno needed to be strictly reckon with before Paper Mario in this very New installment of Super Smash Bros Franchise for bringing in characters that's needed to be confirmed like Geno that he was requested by a incredible amount of fans supporters & The first ACT hit to Smash Bros Franchise! Well, the good news is that Geno is actually owned by AlphaDream finally and hopefully for Geno's sakes shall be include in SMASH BROS Franchise and especially Shantae for me to main her and teamworking with her in SMASH BROS for fun experience moments of replays to share with all of you, Shantae-ians supporters in this thread! In any case right about now and I'll keep voting my lovely, Shantae and The Star Spirit warrior: Geno shall come back in our futuristic modern times sakes for crying out loud! P.S: I'm voting on my Wii console, New 3DS XL Majora's Mask Limited edition, and even my tablet that I'm using now to make this post comment and Good-Luck for #Shantae4SmashBrosDLC!
Although I don't have any true opinion on Paper Mario being playable, I feel like if any "Mario" should be an alt is Dr.Mario, as that Mario is basically Mario in a Docter's outfit, despite the "canon" around such being used against it. If you played or seen any of the Paper Mario series, Paper Mario really can't be made into an alt of Mario, as their proportions and design vastly differ and P Mario's move pool from the games differ from the standard Mario games as well. I don't really care about P Mario being playable or not, but I would accept him as a standalone fighter then Doc Mario being one.

Just my two cents.

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
I think this is also why we see a lot of characters seperated into their own franchises.. I mean if they weren't, including Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Bowser Jr, Rosalina, Wario, Yoshi, Donkey Kong, AND Diddy Kong... That would be 10 reps in a single series XD

I myself am not going to get into the whole Geno debate, as I'm not too familiar with the character myself.

Although I don't have any true opinion on Paper Mario being playable, I feel like if any "Mario" should be an alt is Dr.Mario, as that Mario is basically Mario in a Docter's outfit, despite the "canon" around such being used against it. If you played or seen any of the Paper Mario series, Paper Mario really can't be made into an alt of Mario, as their proportions and design vastly differ and P Mario's move pool from the games differ from the standard Mario games as well. I don't really care about P Mario being playable or not, but I would accept him as a standalone fighter then Doc Mario being one.

Just my two cents.
And I agree with the bit about Paper Mario. You can't judge a book by it's cover. While it is true that Paper Mario is another form of Mario, his abilities vary from what we see of the non-paper Mario. With the use of badges, the paper mario exclusive abilities, AND his partners, he has a lot to his disposal.

As for the clones... I don't know about the Doc, but I never really get all that flustered over them... I mean Lucina and Dark Pit just started out alts in the first place, but were converted into clones... I have no idea why people get so worked up over them. They take little time to create, and don't "Steal slots from other fighters" like people tend to think they do. There would be no difference in the roster whatsoever if they were included, or not.

Also...
For People Who's Thinking Shantae Is Hot, Perver!! Who Think She is, Raise Your Hand.
What do you expect? Of course she is. She's a belly dancing genie for gosh sake XD.

And is that a bad thing? Thinking a girl is hot doesn't make one a pervert. It's a fairly natural response to one of the opposite gender actually. (even if the subject in question is just a fictional artistic drawing/artwork of a videogame character.) Its not like anyone is throwing up r34 in here. Now that? That would be bad.

Besides.. Are you seriously gonna try to tell me, that you haven't once found someone, whether irl or a videogame character, attractive? >_>..

Last edited:

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
Let's not fight over something that is out of our control.What's done and is done and you can't rreally hate people for voting for a character they like.Were doing the same thing and hating on someone for doing that is hyportical

Raheem The Dream

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RaheemTheDream28
3DS FC
5043-2968-5730
Sorry man, that's false
Geno was owned by Square-Enix back then, all because of the B#S Copyrights issues, but then, AlphaDream already buys all the Copyrights issues of Geno and even Mallow and I got two full throttle proof: http://m.ign.com/articles/2013/08/13/where-mario-luigi-dream-team-and-super-mario-rpg-collide & https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1797652073793715&id=1722501687975421! Anyways, but it's still #Shantae4SmashBrosDLC NO MATTER WHAT, cuz Shantae is L-O-V-E & ESPCIALLY Shantae is SmashBros 4 DAT L-I-F-E!
1a73a13e2f0b62abab14a07638bd3cd6 Shantae.gif

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
Geno was owned by Square-Enix back then, all because of the B#S Copyrights issues, but then, AlphaDream already buys all the Copyrights issues of Geno and even Mallow and I got two full throttle proof: http://m.ign.com/articles/2013/08/13/where-mario-luigi-dream-team-and-super-mario-rpg-collide & https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1797652073793715&id=1722501687975421! Anyways, but it's still #Shantae4SmashBrosDLC NO MATTER WHAT, cuz Shantae is L-O-V-E & ESPCIALLY Shantae is SmashBros 4 DAT L-I-F-E! View attachment 46735
Hmm.. I wonder how many times that dancing Shantae has appeared in this thread so far.. XD

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Geno was owned by Square-Enix back then, all because of the B#S Copyrights issues, but then, AlphaDream already buys all the Copyrights issues of Geno and even Mallow and I got two full throttle proof: http://m.ign.com/articles/2013/08/13/where-mario-luigi-dream-team-and-super-mario-rpg-collide & https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1797652073793715&id=1722501687975421! Anyways, but it's still #Shantae4SmashBrosDLC NO MATTER WHAT, cuz Shantae is L-O-V-E & ESPCIALLY Shantae is SmashBros 4 DAT L-I-F-E! View attachment 46735
Sorry but all the interview tells me is does this director want to work with those characters again. If a company sold the rights to their character, it'd be publically announced, such as M$ buying Minecraft and RARE

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
So I was looking through my old Miiverse posts and found this:

I don't know how I was able to do it, but I thought it'd be interesting.

BigShad

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0602-6501-8253
You know what I think would be interesting for Shantae? If some of her moves involved her own style of capoeira. For those who don't know, that's basically a fighting style that also involves some sick dance moves.

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
You know what I think would be interesting for Shantae? If some of her moves involved her own style of capoeira. For those who don't know, that's basically a fighting style that also involves some sick dance moves.
Huh. It would definitely be a nice touch along with her game-referencing moves

Loïc

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2964-9447-9337
That would make for some neat tilts and even smash attacks, though I think she has enough moves from her games to cover those already. imagine shantae gordo

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
Hey guys! Theres something I want your opinions on... It's probably a bit of a stretch... A BIG stretch actually, but I still would like some input! ^_^ (And yes, it is ballot related) The text in it was just too large to put in a post

http://pastebin.com/TPeztAf7

(Note: To those that have already seen this from the discussion we had in the thread this originated from, no need to read the whole thing :p)

Last edited:

Potatoharbinger

Smash Rookie
Hey guys! Theres something I want your opinions on... It's probably a bit of a stretch... A BIG stretch actually, but I still would like some input! ^_^ (And yes, it is ballot related) The text in it was just too large to put in a post

(Note: To those that have already seen this from the discussion we had in the thread this originated from, no need to read the whole thing :p)
I was thinking about something like this earlier, but didn't quite know what to make of it all. Had ideas like there being thresholds of votes for characters to be included from the ballot and the possibility of multiple characters. Just wish Nintendo gave us more info on how the ballot actually works. (-.-)

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
I was thinking about something like this earlier, but didn't quite know what to make of it all. Had ideas like there being thresholds of votes for characters to be included from the ballot and the possibility of multiple characters. Just wish Nintendo gave us more info on how the ballot actually works. (-.-)
Heh yep. None of us have ever just considered a possibility like this before.. and it was definitely a bit vague on the ballot (I mean the whole thing itself is kinda random and out of left field when you think about it..)

Mikegamer0608

Smash Lord
NNID
Mikegamer0608

http://pastebin.com/TPeztAf7

Very interesting theory.

Loïc

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2964-9447-9337
Can't say that it seems unlikely since we haven't the slightest clue how this ballot works at the moment. I was thinking of something like this myself, but specifically with indie characters (i.e, a pack with Quote, Shovel Knight, Shantae and Gunvolt) since the developers seem more than eager to lend the Smash Dev Team their assistance, at least with their own characters. Hopefully you're onto something, Rykker.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
found this on twitter
r
HOW IS NO ONE COMMENTING ON THIS?! The fans that made this are true supporters!

I'm honestly convinced now that WayForward legitimately wants a spot in Smash. I won't lie. I caught myself crying tears of joy when I saw the image.

Last edited:

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
HOW IS NO ONE COMMENTING ON THIS?! The fan that made this is a true supporter!

I'm honestly convinced now that WayForward legitimately wants a spot in Smash. I won't lie. I caught myself crying tears of joy when I saw the image.
it was two fnas twitter users @CountMickey02 & @Zenox1987 there big fans and wayforward and even matt has been retweeting there work

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Honestly, WayForward seems to be the only "indie dev" that wants their character in legitimately and not just for free "advertising". Sure each indie dev might be composed of Smash fans but none of them have given a reason to not think that they just want a glorified advertisement.

That's actually a real arguement that people have against any indie characters. But it's also a fear I have when it comes to choosing an indie character.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

There is something weird about Shantae and i cannot put my finger on it. I wouldn't REALLY mind her making it into the roster, i would just be like o.O

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Interesting Trivial, even though Shantae has been around for since 2002 making her series 12-13 years old it would still be one of the youngest series in Smash, beating out Pikmin by a year.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
What about Xenoblade Chronicles?
>One of<. Xenoblade is still the youngest, being the only game to come out after Brawl's release to have a PC.

Also weird to think Shantae is 11 years younger than Sonic.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
What about Xenoblade Chronicles?
she would still be one of the younger series.Animal crossing,Xenoblade,pikmin,wii fit and the miis are the only series to come out during the 2000's.Meaning adding shantae would still make her one of the younger franchies to be represented as every other character dates back to the 1990's

Last edited by a moderator:

Mikegamer0608

Smash Lord
NNID
Mikegamer0608
she would still be one of the younger series.Animal crossing,Xenoblade,pikmin,wii fit and the miis are the only series to come out during the 2000's.Meaning adding shantae would still make her one of the younger franchies to be represented as every other character dates back to the 1990's
Yeah that's true. She would fit in the with the young franchies.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
And in other useless trivia Shantae would be the second female main character after Samus (third if Zamus is seperate) and the first female third party character. (and still the tumblrinas would find something to complain about)

Top Bottom