• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Greatest KO Of All Time! If not for SSBM, at least for Ness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kenny10

Smash Journeyman
Wow. That was crazy. However, I don't think his opponent knew about Ness's jackets. If he did, he wouldn't have walked right into Ness. If he did know about the jackets, then he would stay back and use projectiles. But still, that was very nice. That's a good way to humiliate someone with Ness.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
Wow. That was crazy. However, I don't think his opponent knew about Ness's jackets. If he did, he wouldn't have walked right into Ness. If he did know about the jackets, then he would stay back and use projectiles. But still, that was very nice. That's a good way to humiliate someone with Ness.
no, he knows plenty about the jackets and that I use them frequently, but in the heat of the battle, it isn't always easy to notice the jacket being set up, unlike when you review the video, of course you notice it! but trust me, it sneaks up on you...esp when they usually see you do the thunder jacket [which I intentionally screwed up to throw him off] trust me, everyone I've gotten this combo on knows all about the jackets, it's just a much different story when you look at a vid and when you're in a match...but yeah, thanks :)

kenny10

Smash Journeyman
I don't know. During a match, if I see a Ness do an up-smash followed by a canceled dair, to me, it's kind of obvious that they're equipping a spike jacket. For some reason, I can also tell when they are faking the YYG. I don't know how. I just can. Oh well. Everyone's different I guess.

toasty

Smash Hero
I don't know. During a match, if I see a Ness do an up-smash followed by a canceled dair, to me, it's kind of obvious that they're equipping a spike jacket. For some reason, I can also tell when they are faking the YYG. I don't know how. I just can. Oh well. Everyone's different I guess.
true, a bunch of my friends are good at being careful around it...I think if you're down as much as he was in damage/stock, and also if you're using like your 5th character versus one of my mains, paying attnetion to DIing from the upsmash and all of whatever nerves might be there combine for someone who isn't quite prepared for what's about to happen.

toasty

Smash Hero
so awesome. Im doing this every match til it works hahaha.
haha, I need a name for this God of a combo...any ideas?
lol, "YOU JUST GOT TOASTED SON" hahaha I dunno...maybe "if I land this in a tourney, you have to blow me"

but yeah, another great thing is that someone one tried a well-ranged attack to cancel out the spike jacket and hopefully hit me out of the flash...but the move clanked with the spike jacket and I the flash came down and destroyed him =D dunno if Ness remains unaffected by the clank as far as the Flash charging goes but I think you can still charge it? not positive. but yeah, I've dreamed of this combo long ago and then just hoped I could get it on film =D
I hope people end up using it, that'd be siiiiiiiick. No more "oh yeah well you can't even combo with the YYG" ^_^

toasty

Smash Hero
Hmmmm perhaps I was hasty in posting this EVERYWHERE lol...shoulda probably kept it a secret
>_<
aside from us Nesses of course
my bad guys :( I couldn't contain myself haha...good luck to everyone getting this though...cuz man...humiliation at its finest. ACTUALLY humiliation at its finest is hanging off the edge with the Spike Jacket cuz that just LOOKS embarrassing...this just happens to be...raperaperaperaperapeIT'SATRAP!!!

indie_dave

Smash Ace
lol...shoulda probably kept it a secret
>_<
aside from us Nesses of course
toasty: it's less than 5 months til brawl. there'll be regular smash tourneys til then, and some of the huge summer ones are coming right up. let's show them haetrz whats up while melee is still champ

Hehehe!
I like the ones that say, " Why you guys play on lightning melee??"
hehe "z0mg lightning melee?"
my favorites are the scrubs that are like "ken sux i r can beetz him 5s tock and yo momma 2" and "i do have a lyfe why r u commentnig on smash vidz 2" and "ness sux play toptier"

i refused to comment on youtube for the longest time to avoid the tard stigma lol

Oskurito

Smash Lord
PK toasty? lol... It was cool, but is not gonna work against smart people... If I was there I would have shot you some lasers when you were doing that

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
Lol

From now on, you're going to hear Ness players yelling out "IT'S A TRAP!" during every match every time they YYG.
YES!!! at the same time: WHAT HAVE I DONE!!!

hahaha, too good! it's going to be great, I can't wait...even more reason for people to use Ness in tourney...COUNTERPICK GREEN GREENS AND RAINBOW CRUISE ALL DAY!!!!!! [since they'll probably ban Corneria lolll]

kenny10

Smash Journeyman
Because of this vid, now noobs are going to know how to YYG like they do with the wavedash but have no idea how to use it. Unless they don't bother trying to find out the YYG then they'll just say it's a glitch and it's cheap, just like the wavedash.

toasty

Smash Hero
PK toasty? lol... It was cool, but is not gonna work against smart people... If I was there I would have shot you some lasers when you were doing that
I don't know too much about what the spike jacket can absorb but I'm going to say that I would have remained unaffected by at least one laser, if not most/all of them...I don't get a chance at the yyg against Foxes/Falcos as often as I'd like so I don't have the knowledge as to what each jacket can withstand from them

also...the canceled-dair for the spike jacket probably went unnoticed since he was recovering from the usmash right when I did it, my guess is that he only looked at me while I was "trying" the thunderjacket which I intentionally messed up...he probably thought there was nothing to fear...that's my theory anyway

kenny10

Smash Journeyman
If a Falco lasers you when you have a jacket on, wouldn't that jacket's hitbox be dropped onto the ground? I saw a video of this before. Maybe if I find it, I can show you guys what I mean unless you already know what I mean.

toasty

Smash Hero
If a Falco lasers you when you have a jacket on, wouldn't that jacket's hitbox be dropped onto the ground? I saw a video of this before. Maybe if I find it, I can show you guys what I mean unless you already know what I mean.
it only gets dropped if Ness starts doing the upsmash RIGHT as the laser hits him, essentially, it interrupts the animation and thus the hitbox is dropped.

kenny10

Smash Journeyman
Oh, okay. I thought it was just when Ness got hit by the laser. Do all projectiles do this if they hit Ness when he is doing the up-smash? I wouldn't know cause I never took the time to find out.

toasty

Smash Hero
Oh, okay. I thought it was just when Ness got hit by the laser. Do all projectiles do this if they hit Ness when he is doing the up-smash? I wouldn't know cause I never took the time to find out.
I think anything that hit's Ness as he starts the upsmash will make him drop the jacket [because if you do an upsmash with a jacket on, the jacket's hitbox will leave Ness's body and go onto the end of the yoyo for only the first strong hit, like when it's uncharged, but once Ness gets hit in the process, the hitbox stays on the ground]

Biolink

Smash Cadet
For Smash n00blets like me that is just about to get into the game,can somebody explain to me what happend?

kenny10

Smash Journeyman
Toasty did something called the Yo Yo Glitch. There's a sticky on it in Ness Character Specific Forums. Anyways, Toasty did Ness's up-smash (which sets up the Yo Yo glitch) and while his opponent was recovering, he equipped the spike jacket. Then he ran to the edge and pretended to fail at equipping the Thunder jacket. When he came back to the stage, he charged Ness's B attack and his opponent walked into him, got hit by the spike jacket, right into the PK Flash attack and died. This all comes up to equal one amazing kill.

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
also...the canceled-dair for the spike jacket probably went unnoticed since he was recovering from the usmash right when I did it, my guess is that he only looked at me while I was "trying" the thunderjacket which I intentionally messed up...he probably thought there was nothing to fear...that's my theory anyway
He obviously knew that you set up the YYG because when you went for the psuedo-Thunder jacket, he sheilded, probably thinking that you would Thunder Deathline.

toasty

Smash Hero
Thunder jacket would be craaaaaazy...like, the way I picture it, is that you'd charge the flash and move it forward, that way, when the thunder jacket hits, they'll get sent at an angle into the explosion: MADNESS!

Edit: I've thought about it during my trials of the variations for this combo and I learned a couple things. 1) if you try a Star[uair] Jacket, I don't think it has as much priority as the other jackets, so you might end up eating a hit? not sure about that one...also, I'm not that great at getting the Star Jacket via DJC-uair, I usually just have to do it right as I land and l-cancel
2) if your friends know about the yoyo glitch and they suspect anything and they see you actually floorblast yourself or you sweetspot the edge, it greatly decreases the chances of this working...but hey, not everyone know about this, so **** those ignorant b*stards as much as possible!!!! do that sh*t!!! =D

good **** man

indie_dave

Smash Ace
OLD

but still hella awesome

i'm also to blame, but ness vids always been hard to come by, let alone recent ones. props to toasty, n.ow, emmy, a.l., simna, et al (all u awesome ppl i'm missing), for all the uploads

Top Bottom