• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Great Wall of Fluff

RudyTutti

Smash Cadet
NNID
Rudy16100
3DS FC
4339-3054-4932
Hey there! Excuse me if I am posting this in the wrong place, but I was wondering if someone could give me tips on how to effectively wall with Cloud. Like what moves are safe? When should I use these moves? Etc.

Thanks in advanced!

Yσנιмιтѕυ

Sm4sh Modder / Graphic Design
NNID
yojimitsu
"Safe" is a relative term here. You need to have good/precise spacing to effectively wall... but really smash 4 isn't a game where walling is very effective. that said - here's a short list of good spacing, walling tools.

-SH Nair: Comes out on frame 5, this is your fastest aerial. use this to pressure, use it as a landing option to stuff grabs. the backwards hit of this can knock at a good angle for gimping.

-Landing / SH Bair: Excellent range and power - use this to pressure shields and stuff approaches. the range on this also makes this very useful for follow ups off of AC dair or down throw (at low to mid percents)

-Auto Cancelled Dair: Incredibly good spacing tool and can invalidate certain approaches like dash grab or SH aerials from characters with less range. This tool is especially useful in stuffing grab game of literally half the roster. Like seriously, you need to abuse this tool against characters with really good grab games (luigi, mario, falco, fox, sheik, zuit) to stop them constantly throwing projectiles at you and baiting out shield *shudders with anger*

-Cross Slash: Really good against SH positioning pressure - extremely good mixup tool because it deals 19%

my advice here is not to think of it as walling. this is not melee marth. think of it as spacing.... (maybe i just like that word more lol)

Top Bottom