• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Great Roster Competition! Vote for the competition you want next!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
A remake of my old game. First, I will choose a theme, such as "Females-only" or "Villains-only". Then, people need to make a roster that fits into the theme, the time limit to make a roster is one week. After the week ends, I will make a poll where anyone can vote for the roster they liked the most. The one to reach 5 votes first wins.

And the theme this time is...

Characters that appeared in only one game!
This means characters like Ness, who appeared only in Earthbound, and Dimentio, who appeared only in Super Paper Mario. Ports (like Donkey Kong for NES), remakes (like Kirby Superstar Ultra), collections (like Super Mario All-Stars) and Smash Bros. games don't count.

Players:

@artisticgamerxl

@ SmasherMaster SmasherMaster

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I think you should probably set a roster size limit similar to the roster evolution thread so people don't go too crazy with rosters(I think 12 is nice number). Probably also no duplicate rosters as well, like that thread. Just a few suggestions to prevent any potential problems. But don't add elimination, because I'm sure people, including myself, would want to join in on every roster competition. And one more thing, perhaps keep track of how many times someone wins just for the heck of it.

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
I think you should probably set a roster size limit similar to the roster evolution thread so people don't go too crazy with rosters(I think 12 is nice number). Probably also no duplicate rosters as well, like that thread. Just a few suggestions to prevent any potential problems. But don't add elimination, because I'm sure people, including myself, would want to join in on every roster competition. And one more thing, perhaps keep track of how many times someone wins just for the heck of it.
Thanks for the suggestions. I don't think I will set a size limit, because it is fun to see these crazy big rosters (like the one above). But the other suggestions are cool.

D

Deleted member

Thanks for the suggestions. I don't think I will set a size limit, because it is fun to see these crazy big rosters (like the one above). But the other suggestions are cool.
Well, thanks for considering anyway. I think I might post a roster later, but I have stuff to do right now. But, I think I'll set my own personal rules anyway. Expect one later today.

kylexv

Smash Master
A simple 23 char roster:

Pokken.png

I did a rule of at least 2 pokemon from each generation:

Kanto: Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Meowth, Eevee, Squirtle, Mew, Charizard, Mewtwo.
Johto: Scizor, Celebi, Pichu
Hoenn: Sceptile, Blazeken, Gardevoir, Deoxys
Sinnoh: Weavile, Lucario, Darkrai, Arceus
Unova: Zoroark, Genesect
Kalos: Greninja, Hawlucha

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Poke Roster Roster.png

I decided to keep my roster as simple as I could. 14 pokemon is what I decided. Ignoring Pikachu and Jigglypuff, I decided to go for 1 starter per gen, as well as 1 legendary/other per gen. This is the final result.

Angelglory

Smash Ace
NNID
Angelglory
3DS FC
2750-1110-8929

30 characters.
- Four per generation.
- One starter per gen, 2 fire, 2 water, 2 grass.
- One 'boss' per generation.

Last edited:

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
I like all the love for Torterra

30 characters.
- Four per generation.
- One starter per gen, 2 fire, 2 water, 2 grass.
- One 'boss' per generation.
Why do you have two Genesects?

Last edited:

War Anvil

Smash Lord
NNID
BattlingIronItem
3DS FC
2208-4585-5395
Switch FC
SW-5940-1276-1225

Here ya go! A Pokkén Smash roster, if you will.
  • 4 individual fighters from each type, with 6 types being represented: Electric, Grass, Fire, Water, Fairy, and Psychic.
    • The last of each is legendary, and therefore unlockable.
  • 4 human fighters, each commanding their own team of three (IT'S MAHVEL, BAYBEE!).
    • Duh hero dude: Blastoise, Venusaur, and Charizard.
    • (Insert bae here): Starmie, Azumarill, and Greninja.
    • STEEEEEEEVE: Skarmory, Metagross, and Armaldo.
    • Synthesized: Garchomp, Gallade, and Spiritomb.
And there you have it. Likey~?:4pacman:

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
Tep, two things.
1. We were in the middle of a round when the thread got forgotten. I think the judging was going on.
2. We already did the pokemon contest.

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
I know we did it already, but this is a kind of reboot. So the old one doesn't matter anymore. I needed to rely on other people to continue the game before, so I remade it with new rules so I can manage the game alone. The other one stopped a lot of times because other users were supposed to judge and didn't do so.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I'm in. making roster

I need some icons if anyone has them.

Hydreigon (may not use though)
Ash
Ambipom
Ranger
Pansear/Pansage/Panpour in one

Fun fact: My starting roster will be just the starting pokemon :)

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
yes, just got my computer back. :D still trying to get some icons

Souless_shadow

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3609-1166-4956
Pokémon Roster.png

Here's my roster! I put in 3 regular pokemon form each gen and 1 legendary from each gen. I tried to be as diverse with types as I could.

TORNADO BUS DRIVER

Smash Lord

there. red fights on his own. he uses items from the games to fight.
Ditto's sort of the random button apart from the fact he shifts forms in battle.
Eevve shifts forms in battle.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
*making*
will have to be without a few icons :(

@ Tepig2000 Tepig2000 hopefully won't take more than this next half hour. I'm notorious for having issues with Roster Maker, and it seems it did not save my roster from before *eek* which was quite elaborate and thought, so I'm just gonna scroll through all the list. ALL of them. To remember.

Edit: Okay, all ready. @tepig, post a response so that my explanation is not a double post (and it would be jumbled if together) please

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311

All right- we have a few different types of characters. We have the starters, the cavalcade, the legendaries, the weirdos, and the 'trainers.' There were two ways I could figure to do this in honor of smash bros- to give the game a feeling of SSB with all pokemon style fighters, or to give the game more pokemon flair and add in other elements. The latter may run a bit towards Pokken Fighters, but I decided that I would not be being true to BOTH Pokemon and SSB if I did not take this approach, because if it is a game spinoff made for a specific universe, it would likely adapt a few more characteristics of said universe (I imagine Sakurai would do this).

Elements that I wanted to make sure to give homage to were numerous.
Breeding- baby pokemon and gender
Evolution Cycle- different stages and different ways to evolve (trade, stone, happiness)
Unique factor- Abilities, Items, Personality
Group battles- Double Battles, Triple, Horde
Battle Conditions- Time of Day, Weather
Superflous means by which they fight- Contests, Competition, Battle Tower, etc

More importantly, I wanted to represent different SPINOFFS(Stadium, Mystery Dungeon, Snap, Ranger, Puzzle Trozei, Colisseum), the ANIME (movies, television, manga), and also from the MAIN GAMES (Main encounters, Popular Pokemon, Competitive Gaming)

That was quite a challenge!
So, I figured it was important to get a bit of a variety. There was no way to have only a few pokemon, not with all these factors, and not living true to what POKEMON is, you gotta catch'em all! So I knew early on I would go for a big roster. Complete balance of the generations was not super important to me, just rough balance (as gen one is by far most iconic, and also each generation is not even the same size, not same duration, nor do they introduce the same number of elements).

The starter Pokemon are the starting roster, because I think that makes sense.
The majority of the pokemon, in the center (cavalcade), represent a variety of bodies, types, different areas of my list above (some anime and some game, all popular) and each add a new bit to the game for fun. You of course unlock them all.
The legendaries are at the bottom. They are not necessarily stronger (all are balanced in a perfect world), but they are boss characters you fight in the game as well.
The weirdos each just have their own niche I wanted to explain a bit further, and since I didnt have proper icons for them all I separated them out a bit further. They would have the highest learning curve! *exlpained below*
The trainers are the human characters (and Meowth, who I lump here because he would not fight like a Pokemon in battle) and are so crucial to the universe, each adds a different element. *some explained below*

Important Notes:
-The two symbols for Pokemon characters which are not listed are for Pokemon Ranger (who would fight with her stylus and work almost as a spellcaster, puppeteering her FOES) and for Ash Ketchum (who fights with the powers of never aging, friendship, and attracting young women.) They had no icons.
-Pokemon Trainer only uses a variety of different balls to catch and and try to obtain pokemon
-Oak stands for any science bit in the series, from cloning to ancient ruins.
-Nurse Joy is the healing based fighter.
-Todd Snap is the hipster fighter who uses art to fight

Weirdo Pokemon: Ditto (turns into a random other player), Eeevee (attacks based on evoltions), Unown (Horde of unown that you control), Plus and Minun (team), Pansear/Pansage/Panpour (triple team), Togepi (all Metronome), Kecleon (can go mostly invisible), and Castform (weather based). Jigglypuff is over on that side because I couldn't stand her 3D picture being mixed in with the cast.

Last edited:

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
I'm going to make the poll, gimme some time.

EDIT: Here it is guys!

EDIT 2: I forgot duke. I will make another one. Ignore this poll.

EDIT 3: I'm having some problems. But I will do it some day!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom