• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Great Bowser Ditto Proposition

Would you be interested in participating in the Great Bowser Ditto?

• Total voters

Corgian

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Corgian
3DS FC
2079-7941-6787

Hey guys. I'd like to propose something I've seen on the other character boards: A board-wide tournament of playing each other to help learn other ways of playing our character and more familiarity in the matchup. I have a history of managing online tournaments, and have been doing so for a few years now. I'd be more than willing to head this project should there be interest in it.

The Proposition:

The ditto works is in a round-robin format, so every Bowser gets many opportunities to fight the other Bowsers of the board. From the round-robins, the top 8 or 16 will play against each other in a traditional single elimination bracket, in best 2 out of 3 sets. Each match will follow the EVO format:

• 2 stock, 6 minutes.
  • Legal Stages: Battlefield, Final Destination, Smashville, Lylat Cruise, Town & City, Castle Siege, Delfino Plaza, Duck Hunt, Halberd
  • Customs On
Since the current meta as per the upcoming major is the customs meta, it makes sense to make the ditto in this same format.

The matches would be arranged on each player's time, so participation would be done at the convenience of those involved. All participants would be responsible for getting in touch with their opponents, although, if repeated attempts to contact the opponent has resulted in failure, a DQ would be issued.

This tournament would be a fun activity for the board, and I'd like everyone's input on making this happen. Let me know what you think, and if you have any questions, just respond to this thread. Thanks!

Zapp Branniglenn

Smash Lord
I've been wanting to propose a Bowser-only tournament for a while, but have had no experience running such an event in the past. What I couldn't decide on is whether customs should be enabled, and perhaps put that to a vote among participants. If they are enabled then the matches might come down to whoever can Dash Slam/Slash with the most efficiency and skill. Regardless, I accept these rules as they are.

I have a proposal for at least when the tournament reaches the single elimination bracket stage. Every match should have a saved replay. On April 15th, the ability to send replays to other players will be enabled, and I would be willing to record such replays with my capture device and upload them on Youtube in a playlist. Just as well, I could send the Youtube-ready files to the players who participated in the match, in case they'd want them on their personal channel as well.

Corgian

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Corgian
3DS FC
2079-7941-6787
I have a proposal for at least when the tournament reaches the single elimination bracket stage. Every match should have a saved replay. On April 15th, the ability to send replays to other players will be enabled, and I would be willing to record such replays with my capture device and upload them on Youtube in a playlist. Just as well, I could send the Youtube-ready files to the players who participated in the match, in case they'd want them on their personal channel as well.

I had a similar idea! I didn't know that replay sharing was coming to Wii U though. I was going to record all of my matches, but it would make things far easier if we just received all of them, and uploaded them like that. Excellent idea!

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
JayDeth made a Bowser Board tournament before but no one was interested. Hopefully this doesn't meet the same fate.

I hate Bowser dittos though so I probably won't enter

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I'm down for friendlies but I don't do online tournaments. I live with a roomie who watches Netflix all day and crushes my Internet. :/

Last edited:

Corgian

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Corgian
3DS FC
2079-7941-6787
I wouldn't mind taking part. Depends on what time you're hosting the tournament.
The tournament would take place at the participants descretion. The Bowser forums are as big as bowser himself, and we all live extremely interesting and exotic lives, so we can't always meet everyone else's time constraints.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
The tournament would take place at the participants descretion. The Bowser forums are as big as bowser himself, and we all live extremely interesting and exotic lives, so we can't always meet everyone else's time constraints.
True that. I still hope you'll have a blast with the tournament. : D

Corgian

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Corgian
3DS FC
2079-7941-6787
I'm glad that there is a good interest in this! I'll see about getting things setup soonish.

Top Bottom