• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Graveyard: Disconfirmed Character Thread (SAKURAAAAAAAAAI!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Children:
The only legitimate child is the Villager, and he's a murderous psychopath. :troll:

Women:
The women also deal beatings to others. It's sexism to give them special treatment because they're women.
Comparing beating up the female fighters to beating up Nintendogs makes absolutely no sense for this reason.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Comparing beating up the female fighters to beating up Nintendogs makes absolutely no sense for this reason.

Well then, let's compare Nintendogs to the child fighters. Ness, Toon Link, Lucas, Ice Climbers, Villager, I can understand arguments against them, but you're still hitting a kid.

D

Deleted member

Ness, Lucas, and Toon Link are not children. They're teenagers (or pseudo-teenagers).

Ice Climbers have unknown age.
Villager is a murderous psychopath.

Children argument does not apply.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Ness, Lucas, and Toon Link are not children. They're teenagers (or pseudo-teenagers).

Ice Climbers have unknown age.
Villager is a murderous psychopath.

Children argument does not apply.

They're teenagers? Really? Wow...

Fine. Nintendog's realistic. I'm not crazy about him, but I like the idea, and because there was an OK following, he's considered a "morgue" character as pointed out by others. I'm going to stop arguing about Nintendog now, so let's think about the Direct tomorrow, and the likely veteran it'll bring (or if it'll disconfirm anybody).

Networker1

Smash Journeyman
So let me get this straight. It's perfectly okay to beat up children and women, but beating up an animal is horrible. Hell, we already have several animals on the roster.
So let me get this straight. It's perfectly okay to have the women and children beat up men, but when the roles are reversed people start to care? :p

Joking of course, but good food for thought. :)

Edit: looks like a few others beat me to this point

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
Here are my two cents on this whole PETA thing. If Nintendo cared about PETA, they would have not brought back the Tanooki suit and introduce the cat suit in Super Mario 3D World after the whole Mario Kills Tanooki thing. They even made fun of them in Pokemon Black and White with Team Plasma! I personally would like to think that anyone with common sense would know that PETA is not to be taken seriously and would have no effect on whether Nintendog would be included or not.

In any case, perhaps one of these characters will rise from the dead and be revealed in tomorrow's direct (though it is unlikely).

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
On a different topic, Anyone think that Conductor Link will disapear if Toon Link is on the field like some Street Fighter stages ?

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Here are my two cents on this whole PETA thing. If Nintendo cared about PETA, they would have not brought back the Tanooki suit and introduce the cat suit in Super Mario 3D World after the whole Mario Kills Tanooki thing. They even made fun of them in Pokemon Black and White with Team Plasma! I personally would like to think that anyone with common sense would know that PETA is not to be taken seriously and would have no effect on whether Nintendog would be included or not.

In any case, perhaps one of these characters will rise from the dead and be revealed in tomorrow's direct (though it is unlikely).
Thanks for raising my hopes for this game. :p

On a different topic, Anyone think that Conductor Link will disappear if Toon Link is on the field like some Street Fighter stages ?
Nah, I say keep it at polygonal Conducter Link, to stay true to the DS roots.

D

Deleted member

On a different topic, Anyone think that Conductor Link will disapear if Toon Link is on the field like some Street Fighter stages ?
I don't think so.
The Toon Link we are playing as is the Hero of Winds while Conductor Toon Link is another Link entirely. While they have the same toony art style, they are different entities. I think that we will see Toon Link and Conductor Link on the same stage.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I hope not, else it will further reinforce people to believe that Wind Waker/Phantom Hourglass Link and Spirit Tracks Link are the exact same guy when they are clearly not. So I really see no point why Sakurai should bother with this as there is absolutely no need to do that anyway.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Why do I trust the internet :(

But back to deconfirmed characters. Who do you think is next?!

Little Mac? Ghirahim? Waluigi?

They wouldn't deconfirm Little Mac or Waluigi, some high runners for the position. I don't know, maybe we'll find out tomorrow.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Villager: "Alas, poor Kapp'n. I knew him well."

Kapp'n: "Yargh, me ship's gone catywumpus!"

D

Deleted member

I came here to honor my respects to Bowser Jr.

I like Bowser Jr. in the Mario universe and I am disappointed that he has been missing in action in Super Mario 3D Land and World. I really wanted to see him in this game because I believed that he deserved it. Just seeing gameplay footage of Rosalina just made me scream "NO! NO!" I know now that his fate has been sealed as a disconfirmed character as I highly doubt (and really wish) that Sakurai would give Mario 6 slots.

I guess there is always the next game… but I am disappointed. She is definitely a character I didn't see coming, but I don't want to see her be playable. I was so upset that I banged my head on my desk. I'm just… sad. Really, really sad… he was my second most wanted newcomer as well.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Hello? This does not confirm or kill ANY characters. It only CONFIRMS Rosalina.
If Sakurai wants to add more Mario characters, then he will add more Mario characters
don't count any of them out of the game yet.

I honestly wasn't expecting a Mario newcomer this time around; but look what we got today!
Don't give up hope.

Jubileus57

Smash Ace
I agree with Keybladeguy. None of the others Mario characters are downright disconfirmed, even if their chances are lower than before. Especially, as stated before, Paper Mario, which might represent his own subserie like DK Yoshi and Wario already do...

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
You can't be serious about Bowser Jr. people. Rosalina's confirmation doesn't mean that Bowser Jr. is out of the running. The only thing that'll stop Bowser Jr. for good is if he ends up as an Assist Trophy, just like with Skull Kid and the Nintendog.

Forcerounds

Smash Journeyman
How about a little soundtrack. The most sad and beautiful song from Super Mario 3D World.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Though I don't care much for Bowser Jr's inclusion, M&SG has a point.

Zage

Smash Journeyman
Add Starfy to that list.

In Sakurai's eyes Luma seems more ideal to compare at Kirby than Starfy as it seems.
Since when do potential rivalries make or break a character? I mean, I doubt characters are considered simply because they would make a good rival for another character.

Far from being denied.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Guys 5 mario character + 2 sub series. I think that's enough, seeing toad's a meat shield, starfy got luma'd, and bowser jr is no where to be seen, I think its safe to assume that those characters are dead. Sure that have a 10% chance at best, but I think the mario series is over and done with. (playable character wise.) I got a feeling other franchises will get the spotlight.

Rouge

Smash Journeyman
Bowser Jr, Waluigi and Paper Mario are not dead in the slightest, their chances simply took a hit. The fact is, we don't know half of the cast, so the large influx of Mario characters so far could mean that we'll get a huge expansion in the Mario universe because Nintendo needs Mario more than ever right now.

Jubileus57

Smash Ace
@Zero2570
Sure, they're chances are rather low by now. But still, they are not definitely out. Perhaps is it a tad early to consider them permanently dead... We should wait for an official deconfirmation before digging a grave for them on Chandelure's pic...
That's just my opinion though

Zage

Smash Journeyman
Guys 5 mario character + 2 sub series. I think that's enough, seeing toad's a meat shield, starfy got luma'd, and bowser jr is no where to be seen, I think its safe to assume that those characters are dead. Sure that have a 10% chance at best, but I think the mario series is over and done with. (playable character wise.) I got a feeling other franchises will get the spotlight.
Under stand the others, and I hate to look like I'm only saying this because I'm a avid Starfy supporter, but I still don't understand why Luma has anything to do with Starfy's inclusion.

Is it appearance? I mean, we have Rosalina now and no one thought we would get another princess from the same series.

I don't mean to sound rude, I'm legit trying to understand the reasoning.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Under stand the others, and I hate to look like I'm only saying this because I'm a avid Starfy supporter, but I still don't understand why Luma has anything to do with Starfy's inclusion.

Is it appearance? I mean, we have Rosalina now and no one thought we would get another princess from the same series.

I don't mean to sound rude, I'm legit trying to understand the reasoning.
I'd imagine starfy fighting like the luma did, with the spins and the cute little rush punches. That's why.

Also this ain't super mario bros. It's super smash bros, were not gonna get an over saturation of mario characters like it or not. I'd expect for sakurai to dive into the other franchises now, imo i think the mario franchise is done for this installment, but if it takes the game's release to make you guys see.... then so be it.

Seriously the denial in some people.... lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom