• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Graveyard: Disconfirmed Character Thread (SAKURAAAAAAAAAI!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
... Well APC, looks like your idea of Nintendog will most likely NOT become a reality, I guess the Nintendog can put in a position similar to Toad now.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The idea of putting an adorable puppy in a graveyard is kinda morbid when you think about it...

acekidgravity

Smash Cadet
Yeah I disagree that Viridi has been deconfirmed. She has yet to be seen, I think Sakurai was just referencing the scene and not that Viridi was actually doing it at that time. Basically I will consider her deconfirmed when we see a picture of her not being a character or other evidence like we have for toad/baloon fighter/and such.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Not to rub salt in any wounds, but seeing that cute little guy staring me in the face, I'm so happy I don't have to punch its snout in and assault the poor whimpering thing in this game. Not that anyone reasonable expected that to happen...

D

Deleted member

@Swampasaur:
Just think of it like Pet Semetery.

....your welcome. :troll:

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Don't give the puppy a grave.

Make him an angel looking over the graveyard.

Angels are dead things too, right?

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Nintendog (sniff) will go in the Morgue later. Now, I'm going to drown myself in ice cream and sing the song Bad Day off-key for a while.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Was there actually someone who thought putting a playable puppy in the bunch made sense?

I'm actually the thread owner. Or was, but he wasn't too much of a deal for me now. Kind of predicted this would be the end result.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I'm just imagining what PETA would've to say on the subject.
And also imagining a little cutsy puppy just getting obliterated in the most incredibly violent ways.

Now I want Nintendog playable.

D

Deleted member

A playable Nintendog wouldn't suit well with me. I can't see myself beating the crap out of a realistic dog. Video game or not, I just can't see myself doing such a thing. If it was playable, then I bet PETA will get involved and I DO NOT want to see that happen...

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
A playable Nintendog wouldn't suit well with me. I can't see myself beating the crap out of a realistic dog. Video game or not, I just can't see myself doing such a thing. If it was playable, then I bet PETA will get involved and I DO NOT want to see that happen...
I don't think it even crossed Sakurai's mind.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I wouldn't want to beat up on a puppy. I'm not a soulless asshole who beats up on baby animals.

Maybe the robot dog thing, but not a real dog.

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
The only disconfirmed character is French Bulldog, but we still can have the dog they used in brawl.
Is not going to happen though, but you guys act like there wasnt a dog in one of the 3DS stages...

liquidstate

Smash Rookie
I know. Nintendogs can come out of Pokeballs and bite your opponent's face. It's not like they can hit back.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I wouldn't want to beat up on a puppy. I'm not a soulless ******* who beats up on baby animals.

Maybe the robot dog thing, but not a real dog.

So you're cool with hitting Rush? I don't Megaman would approve of that. In fact I think he'd drop kick you with his robot feet.

I know that such a thing probably wouldn't cross Sakurai's mind. But, I just find the Nintendog to be a highly unlikely addition and a horrible idea.
Yeah, I don't care for using a realistic dog in a fighting game. Not due to having a weak stomach mind you, just that I don't want to hear the whining from people. That, and it wouldn't be all that interesting to use a real dog.

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
And speaking off dog's and animal violence, what about the Duck Hunt Dog? Would that be too far for this game in the realm of animal abuse?

Arcadenik, chime in whenever you please ;)

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
It won't, because he is not a realistic looking dog. Just like beating the crap out of DK does not mean animal violence.

Fair enough I suppose. Apes are generally associated with fighting, so that's the only reason why i think the general public would see a fighting game and a 'dog' making them be quick to point fingers. But then you can bring up Diddy, the PK kids for child abuse, Peach for beating women, an overally white male roster ...

Know what, nevermind ....
Duck Hunt Dog would be fun though.

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
Was Duck Hunt Dog the chosen dog to be in the roster instead of Nintendog? :awesome:
I guess Duck Hunt Dog would be a nice alternative.
Well, when you think about it, he's retro, sort of obscure, and cartoonish. Plus anyone who has ever played Duck Hunt would have no qualms about beating the crap out of it. :troll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom