• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Goddess of Light's Custom Moves

Bomber913

Smash Cadet
NNID
ferrer3
3DS FC
3523-2231-5548
Palutena is one of the few characters whose custom moves are all drastically different and not just different variations of the same moves.

So this made me wonder, putting aside equipment, which custom move set do you think might be better than her standard?

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Well, "better" is a subjective term, and it really does depend on the kind of game you want to play with her.

I like to play a set-up / defensive-to-offensive style, for example, so I use:

Neutral B - Autoreticle
Side B - Angelic Missile
Up B - Warp
Down B - Lightweight

_Darkpit_

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5026-4651-4206
I think it depends which character do you fight.

Side B:

Reflect = for character with powerfull and much projectiles like Samus
Angelic Missle = characters without projectiles
Superspeed = I have to admit I don't use it really often xD. But its maybe her worst side B.

Neutral B:

Autoreticle = For big and slower characters / targets like Ganondorf or Bowser. Fast and little characters could avoid to be shot. Especially in the air.
Explosive flame = The same and meybe for fast characters... But you should be well to use it.
Heavenly Light = Maybe Ganondorf and Charizard if they used their special up and want to catch the edge. Heavenly Light is a wall for them in the air. But I'm not sure.... In my opinion Heavenly Light is usefull for items. ( I already posted in another thread the reason. ) You should choose Autoreticle or Explosive Flame.

Down B:

Counter: I think its clear.
Lightweight: For characters who have difficulties with fast characters. You should test which character it applies. ( I don't use it )
Celestial Firework: I think this move is similar to counter. The only difference is you don't counter an attack but you hit immediately.

Up B:

I recommend Warp. Its her best UP B move. Rocket Jump and Jump Glide have a lot of disadvantages.

Last edited:

InfinityCollision

Smash Lord
Superspeed = I have to admit I don't use it really often xD. But its maybe her worst side B.
What.

None of the neutral B options are particularly amazing... I generally run Explosive Flame for option coverage.

Super Speed all day every day gotta go fast fast fast

Up-b I mainly use Jump Glide right now, sometimes Warp, rarely Rocket Jump. RJ as an OoS option is cool but I feel like the benefits of the other two are more pronounced. All have viable applications.

Lightweight basically turns you into Sonic on crack for 10 seconds; the drawbacks are pretty insignificant even if you can't abuse the infinite lightweight trick. Counter is okay; I've yet to find myself in a situation where I've said "damn, I wish I'd picked Celestial Firework for this fight".

Last edited:

Pale Tuna

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sdarian
I never use her custom moves. I prefer her default setup, even though lightweight and super speed can work wonders.

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
I never use her custom moves. I prefer her default setup, even though lightweight and super speed can work wonders.
I, too like her default setup. Though,
Auto Reticle
Super Speed
Warp
Lightweight
is the setup for me.

_Darkpit_

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5026-4651-4206
Okay I tried Superspeed and I take it back what I wrote. ^^ Its better than I thought.

Top Bottom