• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Go to Moves

misterbee180

Smash Apprentice
The purpose of this thread is to list some of my go to moves w/ captain falcon as well as see what other people rely on to either rack up damage or get kills. Post, Discuss, & most important, try and learn from this because these are the moves that really count in the end.

"AT's are good... but these moves are real"

Double jab, or single jab, to grab - One of my most used moves because of it's quick response time and it's ability to work on any character, including mk.

Double jab -> short hop -> fast fall'd knee - One of the more interesting to see moves. It's not a guarenteed hit by any means, nor are you safe if it is blocked. However, against spamy chars like falco or snake who try and escape a jab fest by smashing a, this move will find it's place in their face quite a bit.

CHARGED Down Smash - No joke, this is falcon's best smash because of it's ability to be timed to a spot dodge or a roll. If you are pressuring an opponent to a corner don't hesitate to throw out a CHARGED down smash here and there. When i say charged i mean hold it for a second so that you can see if they spot dodge or roll. Both have about the same release time to hit. Also if they recognize the charged down smash and wait let it go earlier than the max wait time. If you do this, most of the time you can dodge a follow up attack because of it's quick release time.

Down throw to Falcon Kick - Because of the lack of lagit lag time on a throw many chars will be able to attack before you can get a follow up grab in on them, or even another attack like an uair, especially marth and mk players who spam fair. To counter this wait a second till they're about 1 mk from the ground and falcon kick. Chances are, if they are spammy w/ fairs then their attack will have just passed allowing your falcon kick to hit them. Then follow this move up w/ an uair, nair, or if it shoots them off the stage use your best ledge guard tactic

Miss hit knee to uair - This is one of the best tactics for fighting people off the ledge for falcon. Due to the non sweet spoted knees priority over a lot of recovery tactics it's a good idea to drop down on an opponent recovering low w/ a knee, taping them, then instantly jumping up w/ an uair. This will combo perfectly and is great against people like marth who enjoy recovering low, sending them too far to recover.

I'll think up more later, but I feel this is a good start.

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
lure out approach and punish with Utilt (situational offcourse)
falcon kick>jab (works sometimes)
Up smash/hyphen smash>jab (can work if the smash misses, it can punish punishes lol)
Dash attack>up b (can punish arials after the dash attack)
Uthrow/raptor boost>up b (can punish arials, but is punishable itself, or it must be performed near a ledge so one can end up hanging fron the ledge after the up b if it misses)
jab>Dtilt>Utilt/jab>jab>Dtilt/jab>Utilt (the idea is to mix jabs with tilts lol, as a surprise)
dash dance then hyphen smash/dash attack
RAR'd Bair approaches
Falling Uair approachesreverse Uair approaches
SH (flubbed) knee (done immediatly so you don't experience landing lang)>jab(>jab>grab)
SH rator boost (so that the attack does connect, not that you just land in front of them asking for punishment :p)
AC Dair>Uair/Knee/Bair/Nair

so many possibilities :D
falcon is too good

meh not really, but he is still too awesome

Top Bottom