• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The glorious C4 sticks to people!

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
So now that we know that Snake's C4 can actually be placed ON opponents, a whole load of amazing possibilities have been opened based off this move. Once your opponent is C4'd, they are pretty much at your mercy.

Is Zelda spamming Din's Fire? Blow her up.
Pit keeps flying back onto the stage? Wait till he does his up B and then blow him up.
Is Samus chargin her lazur? Asplode her. With this move alone, Snake can pretty much control his opponents actions.

The downside is that the C4 automatically explodes after a while, and the opponent may be able to shake it off somehow. (needs confirmation.) Nevertheless, it's still a great option.

Getting the C4 on your opponent is probably the toughest part. You have to be right up close. It MAY be possible to drop it on the opponent from above.

An Idea that I've had is to try to combo into the C4 by using a single jab or a falling Nair and then C4, but I doubt it'd be a guarantee.

Can anyone who has the game test this out?

Kruton

Smash Ace
****it, I never knew this!!! >.<

Uh, I don't think I will be playing the game again until Saturday at least, probably Sunday.

I will def. try this out omg it's so cool

SolidSonic

Smash Ace
Do that one grab where you put them on the ground, then place the C4.

Shouldn't be to hard. :bee:

Parthenon

Smash Apprentice
They can get out of that, easily. If they roll, you miss. If they don't roll, they're probably hitting A, and they'll hit you before you hit them.

I've had the most luck doing it in the air as someone goes in for an aerial. It's like jumping before a rest.

Kruton

Smash Ace
Yeah, people don't seem to stay down very long after you choke them out, even at high percentages.

D1

Banned via Administration
The problem w/ that is when you dthrow someone w/ Snake you can't automatically hit 'em right away.

The opponent has four options when you dthrow them:

1) Get up w/o attacking-Which would allow you to freely place C4 on them if you time it properly. (Not sure if you can place C4 on an opponent if you're standing...can you? Or do you have to be in midair to drop it on 'em? Never tried this out w/ Snake yet O_x)

2) Roll away from you-Which doesn't allow you place C4 on 'em at all...but gives a free tech chase.

3) Roll behind you-See #2

4) Rising attack-This is where its tricky...if you can predict that opponent is going to do this...jump and drop C4 over them while avoiding the rising attack. Unless I test if I can quickly drop C4 on the opponent outta shield after blocking a rising attack...I'll say otherwise.

Bonus option-if the opponent is dumb and wants to get hit...they'll lay there after their invincibility frames run out and will allow you place C4. (Extreme...only if your opponent is t3h duMbZ0rZ!!!1)

The last one was a joke btw.

*leaves*

PsychoMidget

Smash Lord
I'll mess with this idea today :)

along with several other things I've been meaning to try

I'm sure I'll be able to figure out a way to get the C4 on them, I mean in melee I was a Jigglypuff main so it should be similar to landing a rest :p

NY-Beast

Smash Apprentice
You're a genious. Unless this helps them recover by giving them another jump just a little closer and lower. Or it might even spike.

PsychoMidget

Smash Lord
You're a genious. Unless this helps them recover by giving them another jump just a little closer and lower. Or it might even spike.
Well in theory if they're under the stage with C4 it should spike them against the bottom of the stage (Like in FD for example, It's similar to Melee's battlefield) And if they're high up in the air when you detonate it, it should give you an easy KO

NY-Beast

Smash Apprentice
That's true. Depending on location of course. It would be useless if they're an inch from the stage.
Other then that it's very usefull.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
In the video I saw, the guy placed a C4 on Mario's nose, so I'd think it'd be easier to land than Rest, as the C4 laying animation probably reaches in front of you a little bit. And yeah, you can probably drop it on people too.

I just read that the C4 becomes a proximity mine after about 20 seconds, so you basically have 20 seconds to mess with your opponent after planting it on them before it explodes anyway.

Vigilant Gambit

Smash Journeyman
A few tidbits I just found out through experimentation:

1. The C4 will NOT stick to someone if it drops on them when used in the air.

2. Once placed on someone, the C4 acts like a sticky grenade with a longer timer. This means that if they touch you or anyone else, the C4 will make a sound and transfer over. I found this out after sticking the training cpu with C4 and standing still, wondering wtf was making that weird noise. I found that when I ran away from the cpu, it stopped, but as soon as I ran back to it, it made a noise again. I stood still thinking that I would be able to spot the culprit, and lo and behold, there's a stick of C4 teleporting from Luigi's nose to Snake's left arm.

3. If an opponent who has C4 stuck on him is hit, the C4 may fall to the ground where it (presumably) acts as a normal block of C4. I stuck luigi, hit him with an Fsmash, then blew up the C4, which was on the ground where Luigi was standing before the smash.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
If you stick C4 to yourself...
that may be like holding bombs while doing Link's recovery D:!
-DD

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Bleah...that's not as useful as I'd hoped. Oh well. I'm sure people will still be able to do cool things with this ability.

What are the chances that the C4 will drop off the opponent when you hit them, would you say? Also, how long do you have to be near an opponent (and how close) before it gets passed on?

Also, does the C4 stick to people if they stand over it while it's on the ground?

PsychoMidget

Smash Lord
I had like a 12 hour brawl session...

you can't drop C4 on people but you can stick...

I'll explain more later I'm freakin tired.

OrlanduEX

Smash Lord
If you stick C4 to yourself...
that may be like holding bombs while doing Link's recovery D:!
-DD
If you can stick yourself, then Snake is essentially a suicide bomber.
Here in Brawl to blow up all infidels in the name of Allah and get his 72 virgins in heaven.

PsychoMidget

Smash Lord
Ok listen up, sticking people with C4 isn't that hard, you just have to be right next to the it doesn't matter if they're shielding or they're in the air as long on you're right next to them

You'll know that you "stuck" them because it'll make a different noise :)

Danger of "Sticking" people: The only bad thing about sticking people is... if they run past you the C4 will stick to you, and you'll hear that same sound when you stuck them, but you can always run back past them to stick it back on them.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
So what are the chances of the C4 dropping off when your opponent is attacked? And if you hit them with, say, a running attack, will it transfer to you?

VU!?

Smash Cadet
Wow I'll have to try this sticking thing. I did it once on accident and apparantly on my partner... I've had so much friendly fire using C4s xD especially on myself

A New Challenger

Smash Apprentice
First thing I tested when I unlocked Snake, because IIRC he had the same move in DMTV. Honestly... we should open a thread to get strategies from that game and see waht carries over. He's similar in both, but he's way buffed in Brawl.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
haha that's what i like of snake moveset.. so .. "tactical"

one question, can the stickied oponnent "shield" or "dodge" the explosion? (they are shieldin or dodging qhen you explode the c4)

PsychoMidget

Smash Lord
haha that's what i like of snake moveset.. so .. "tactical"

one question, can the stickied oponnent "shield" or "dodge" the explosion? (they are shieldin or dodging qhen you explode the c4)
they can shield, roll, spot dodge, air dodge to avoid the explosion

Beauregard

Smash Cadet
I have a video on the way where i use it to finish a lvl 9 captain falcon on the way, I'll upload soon and post here.

A useful trick i found while doing teams yesterday, was to stick it to my teammate, who would then rambo style it in and pass it of, for an easy stick.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Haha, that's awesome. How close do you need to be for the C4 to switch to the other player? You were using dash attacks and things and it wasn't transferring.

Beauregard

Smash Cadet
Haha, that's awesome. How close do you need to be for the C4 to switch to the other player? You were using dash attacks and things and it wasn't transferring.
just a touch will transfer it, you listen, near the end it transfers between us about 5 times,

Kruton

Smash Ace
I did it the very first time I tried it, and once the last game I played on Friday. It's very useful and funny haha

verditude

Smash Journeyman
Is there a way to stick it to yourself easily, then transfer it to your oppponent, instead of sticking him directly?

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Right...so basically, once you stick the C4, you don't want to hit with any physical attacks until you want to detonate it, or you just fight normally and keep a really good eye on the C4.

Beauregard

Smash Cadet
you dont even have to be hit, they can just walk past and touch to pass it on. I always just make sure to listen for the little sound it makes. the first time you hear it when you stick them, if you hear it again its on you, you will hear it when you pass it on, and so on and so forth. It lasts long enough though that you should never end up detonating yourself from running out of time.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Yeah, I was using attacks as an example, since in theory that's probably the most practical way to physically contact the opponent.

Top Bottom