• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Gates of Hell: Bayonetta Social Thread

Ghidorah14

Smash Ace
To see bayonetta go from a quirky little one-off game that not many people cared about to what it is now...man, it's just so cool to see a good game get the recognition it deserves.

We have an anime adaptation, a sequel and re-release of the original on a nintendo console, and now a spot on the illustrious smash bros roster.

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
There are hundereds of things I regret doing, but I will never regret anything as hard as passing up Bayo 2 for FE Awakening.

I still have no idea why I did it. I've barely played it. My brother is the only one who really played it and he beat it like a year ago.

Anyways I found a listing for Bayo 1+2 in basically new condition for $20. Looking forward to it jumping to $80. :D

Rynozilla

Doesn't Need Anyone
NNID
Midori-Ryno
3DS FC
4871-3209-8796
Okay. So! Good news. I have like, 99% of every Umbran Tear of Blood in Bayonetta 2.
Bad news. THE LAST ONE IS THE HARDEST ONE UBUEPQP W9BQU9BE WQP9V UGH JUST UGR
[More Noises of Frustration]
I *HATE* HAAATE JET FIGHTER ASSAULT WITH ALL MY HEART AND SOUL. Like yeah, sure, it's like a cute mini-game that even has Star Fox references, sweet! BUT TRYING TO KILL *EVERY*, YES, EVERY SINGLE ENEMY IN THE ENTIRE SECTION IS THE MOST FRUSTRATING THING I'VE EVER DONE IN MY ENTIRE FAULT. NOT BECAUSE IT'S EVEN DIFFICULT, IT'S JUST SO ANNOYING. UGH. I'M SO TRIGGERED RIGHT NOW. THE STAR FOX OUTFIT LITERALLY MAKES THE SECTION HARDER, AND THE BRACELET OF TIME ONLY DOES SO MUCH.
[MAXIMUM OVERTRIGGER]
I'm sorry. I'm just so upset right now I HAD to vent.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Okay. So! Good news. I have like, 99% of every Umbran Tear of Blood in Bayonetta 2.
I *HATE* HAAATE JET FIGHTER ASSAULT WITH ALL MY HEART AND SOUL. Like yeah, sure, it's like a cute mini-game that even has Star Fox references, sweet! BUT TRYING TO KILL *EVERY*, YES, EVERY SINGLE ENEMY IN THE ENTIRE SECTION IS THE MOST FRUSTRATING THING I'VE EVER DONE IN MY ENTIRE FAULT. NOT BECAUSE IT'S EVEN DIFFICULT, IT'S JUST SO ANNOYING. UGH. I'M SO TRIGGERED RIGHT NOW. THE STAR FOX OUTFIT LITERALLY MAKES THE SECTION HARDER, AND THE BRACELET OF TIME ONLY DOES SO MUCH.
[MAXIMUM OVERTRIGGER]
The difficulty for that one doesn't matter, so you can even get it on 1st Climax. Just keep practicing until you get the enemy patterns down, and Balder's sword is really useful when enemies get up close. (though since you said that the Arwing makes it harder, I guess you already knew that)

Last edited:

ZakoAction

Smash Rookie
NNID
TrollKing777
[MAXIMUM OVERTRIGGER]
Use Balder charge modifier since it's almost a screen clearing attack. Like Megadoomer the achievement is not difficulty bound

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Shoot-em-up segments in Platinum games generally suck. The escape sequence in the the final battle of W101 made me give up clearing the game on hard without continues, and Bayo 1 has the consistent issue of the vehicle you're controlling completely obscuring what you're shooting at.

I sure hope Platinum does better with Star Fox Zero where shoot-em-up is the main focus (though to be fair, Jetfighter Assault is probably the best of the lot. Still annoying, but it doesn't feel cheap).

KittyKyat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
esskaytwo
There are hundereds of things I regret doing, but I will never regret anything as hard as passing up Bayo 2 for FE Awakening.

I still have no idea why I did it. I've barely played it. My brother is the only one who really played it and he beat it like a year ago.

Anyways I found a listing for Bayo 1+2 in basically new condition for $20. Looking forward to it jumping to $80. :D
Yup, sooo worth playing them in order. I love both games despite 1's QTES of doom.

Ixbran

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
4549 - 7836 - 2775
Good News Everyone! In Celebration of Bayonettas inclusion in Super Smash Bros. 4 Nintendo and Sega will be re-releasing new print copies of Bayonetta 2. Since her announcement for SSB4 her game has seen a boost in sales, however copies of the original print are limited so that is why they are releasing this new series of physical copies. However the re-release comes with a catch, it will not include a physical copy of Bayonetta 1. To make up for this instead of the original $59.99 price tag, this re-release of Bayonetta 2 will only be $29.99.

FightingPolygon

Smash Cadet
NNID
MasterGames1975
3DS FC
1246-8764-0707
Good News Everyone! In Celebration of Bayonettas inclusion in Super Smash Bros. 4 Nintendo and Sega will be re-releasing new print copies of Bayonetta 2. Since her announcement for SSB4 her game has seen a boost in sales, however copies of the original print are limited so that is why they are releasing this new series of physical copies. However the re-release comes with a catch, it will not include a physical copy of Bayonetta 1. To make up for this instead of the original $59.99 price tag, this re-release of Bayonetta 2 will only be $29.99.
Does this price cut apply to the digital version? Plsssssssss

If Cloud turns out to be just overhyped, and Bayonetta turns out to be nearly as good as people think, I'll pick this gurl up.

Also, tried out the Bayo 2 demo. Already hooked!

Last edited by a moderator:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
To see bayonetta go from a quirky little one-off game that not many people cared about to what it is now...man, it's just so cool to see a good game get the recognition it deserves.

We have an anime adaptation, a sequel and re-release of the original on a nintendo console, and now a spot on the illustrious smash bros roster.
Next stop: spinoffs and movies!!! #fanboydreams

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
Yup, sooo worth playing them in order. I love both games despite 1's QTES of doom.
I've owned 1 for a while.

It's the main reason I wanted Bayonetta in Smash for so long (I called her and Ryu like, two years ago, so). One of my favorite games.

Next stop: spinoffs and movies!!! #fanboydreams
Uma Thurman as Bayonetta when

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
I've watch the final presentation so many times and I couldn't find Bayonetta's Running Animation, has it been found yet or not?

o_Pulse_o

Smash Apprentice
I'm really hype for this character, I plan on putting alot of hours to break this character down. Her combos really attract me to use her. I hope she's good when she's released I plan on maybe switching Shiek to secondary if I like her alot.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
If Bayonetta isn't good...I'll still use her

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
All of my friends (who know that I'm insanely hyped for Bayonetta) keep asking me "What if Bayonetta is literally the worst character?" and every time, I respond with "I'll still main her."

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
All of my friends (who know that I'm insanely hyped for Bayonetta) keep asking me "What if Bayonetta is literally the worst character?" and every time, I respond with "I'll still main her."
Same

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
This was one of the reasons why I wanted Bayonetta in Smash, aside from sheer moveset potential. Her games, in mine opinion, were severely under appreciated.

Not only is Smash a great series, it also is an excellent advertisement tool, due to its sheer notoriety. If it weren't for Marth and Roy being in Melee, Fire Emblem might never have gone overseas. And if it weren't for Isaac being an AT in Brawl, Golden Sun: Dark Dawn probably wouldn't exist.

This is also why I wanted a Baten Kaitos character, whom would either be Kalas or Sagi (though I would prefer Kalas, in the end I would be happy with either one). Not only would they be unique as characters, they would also bring ample attention to their games, which I personally feel are under appreciated. [Shrugs] But at least we got a song from one of the Baten Kaitos games--because if nothing else, it brought attention to the series. That alone shows that Sakurai at least knows about Baten Kaitos. Honestly, that was more than I could ever ask for. Baten Kaitos was developed by Monolith, the same people whom did the Xenoblade games. I would highly recommend it to anyone whom loves turn-based RPG's. The game has a unique card-based battle system. During the pre-brawl days, I heard a rumour once that Kalas was being considered for Smash, though I don't know whether or not said rumour turned out to be false. But I am digressing from the main topic.

Wouldn't it be ironic if Bayonetta and Corrin were released on Valentines Day? I could totally see that happening. [Shrugs] Though, I don't even remember what day Valentines Day is. [Shrugs] I guess I'll check Google.

Last edited:

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
This was one of the reasons why I wanted Bayonetta in Smash, aside from sheer moveset potential. Her games, in mine opinion, were severely under appreciated.

Not only is Smash a great series, it also is an excellent advertisement tool, due to its sheer notoriety. If it weren't for Marth and Roy being in Melee, Fire Emblem might never have gone overseas. And if it weren't for Isaac being an AT in Brawl, Golden Sun: Dark Dawn probably wouldn't exist.

This is also why I wanted a Baten Kaitos character, whom would either be Kalas or Sagi (though I would prefer Kalas, in the end I would be happy with either one). Not only would they be unique as characters, they would also bring ample attention to their games, which I personally feel are under appreciated. [Shrugs] But at least we got a song from one of the Baten Kaitos games--because if nothing else, it brought attention to the series. That alone shows that Sakurai at least knows about Baten Kaitos. Honestly, that was more than I could ever ask for. Baten Kaitos was developed by Monolith, the same people whom did the Xenoblade games. I would highly recommend it to anyone whom loves turn-based RPG's. The game has a unique card-based battle system. During the pre-brawl days, I heard a rumour once that Kalas was being considered for Smash, though I don't know whether or not said rumour turned out to be false. But I am digressing from the main topic.

Wouldn't it be ironic if Bayonetta and Corrin were released on Valentines Day? I could totally see that happening. [Shrugs] Though, I don't even remember what day Valentines Day is. [Shrugs] I guess I'll check Google.
Feb 14th. As for that Baten Kaitos song they put in Smash, I freaking love it. It is currently sitting at the number 1 song on Gaur Plains for me. But yes, the power of Smash is very powerful. People can complain all they want about Corrin or Bayo, but both of their inclusion in Smash is definitely boosting their games' sales.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
I'm like that as well. If Bayonetta is the worst character in the game then i'll still have to main her because I was really wanting her to get into the game as DLC since the Summer. Same goes for Cloud if he gets nerfed badly then I'll still remain loyal to the character because I love Final Fantasy 7.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I'm like that as well. If Bayonetta is the worst character in the game then i'll still have to main her because I was really wanting her to get into the game as DLC since the Summer. Same goes for Cloud if he gets nerfed badly then I'll still remain loyal to the character because I love Final Fantasy 7.
Loyalty always comes first

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Personally, I main a character because I like their playstyle. That said, for me compatibility always comes first. Despite Robin not being a high-tier character, I nevertheless main him because he just feels natural to me. I know Sheik and Zero Suit are more ideal for competitive play, but I can't force mineself to main someone whom doesn't feel natural to me. Sakurai said Bayonetta plays very similarly in Smash to the way she played in her games--which I was fairly good at. That said, I have a gut feeling Bayonetta will be natural to me. Though, just like in her game, I fancy it's going to take some practice to get past the learning curve.

Despite never playing a single Final Fantasy game, I have a feeling I'll really like Cloud (hadn't bought him yet, due to financial issues).

When Smash 64 came out, I really wanted to main Link, but in the end he just wasn't for me. Instead, I ended up maining Ness, even though I had no clue whom he was at the time.

I was REALLY happy when Sonic made it in Smash, but sadly, as it turns out I'm not very good with him--in Smash 3 or 4. Though, I do use him for the fun of it every now and then.

Last edited:

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I might not play Bayonetta if I don't find her fun, but I don't see that happening. Smash 4 devs would have to mess up insanely hard for her to not be fun for me.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
Is it me or does Bayonetta seem harder than Ryu to play? It's probably just me.

Last edited:

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
Bayonetta seems like a technical character, and Witch Time alone is enough for me to know that she's going to be very good, especially since she can combo from a variety from her moves. Sakurai even said in an interview that Bayonetta was designed to combo from a various positions, which is great thing to have for a character. She's going to have a couple of weaknesses (landing lag from combos in the air, start-up time on some of her moves, and possibly a recovery that can be exploited), but it's nothing that can't be overcome, especially looking at all her strengths, which certaintly looks to outweigh any weakness she may have.

TLDR: I'm confident Bayonetta is going to be great in Smash.

Top Bottom