• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Game-Inspired Custom Stages Collection (Download/Post your own)

MarkRoe

Smash Cadet
Ever played a level in a game you really liked and thought it was so cool that you wanted to recreate it for play in Brawl's Stage Builder? Well look no further, this is a thread for the organization of stage builder designs based solely on layouts found in other games. Post all of your game-inspired designs here to help keep the the forum less cluttered. So say you want to get some 'blueprints' to help you make a Butter Building stage from Kirby's Adventure... just scroll down through the alphabetically-aligned game franchises to the Kirby section and see if anyone has already made it.

Here's the editor to make your own stages: http://mntorankusu.googlepages.com/b...ageeditor.html
(This online stage editor is not as full-featured Brawl's actual editor. Keep that in mind as you build stages. Also, trapezoid blocks don't exist.)

I will be organizing this to make it as easy as possible for you to find the stage you want. And as people begin to utilize Smashboard's new stage uploading feature, download links will be put up so you can have the stage you want to play right away. Again, this is a thread ONLY for stages inspired from other games. Your personal stage creations are probably awesome, but there's other threads for that.

Files Organized by Series: Name - Game (Author)

Donkey Kong:
25m - Donkey Kong (LinkNSnake4Main)
25m (alt. version) - Donkey Kong (McFox)
50m - Donkey Kong (dancingfrogman)

Final Fantasy:
Cosmo Canyon - FFVII (kingofping4)
Floating Continent - FFVI (kingofping4)

Golden Sun:
Mercury Lighthouse Entrance - Golden Sun (MarkRoe)
Lighthouse Aerie - Golden Sun (MarkRoe)
Lighthouse Aerie 2 - Golden Sun (Arteen)

Kirby:
Butter Ascent - Kirby's Adventure (MarkRoe)
Butter Ascent 2 - Kirby's Adventure (MarkRoe)
Metaknight Showdown 1 (Olikrom)
Metaknight Showdown 2 (Olikrom)
Metaknight Showdown 3 (Olikrom)
Vegetable Valley - Kirby's Adventure (Ondo)
Yogurt Yard - Kirby's Adventure (Olikrom)

The Legend of Zelda:
Treasure Room - The Legend of Zelda (Ondo)
Pyramid of Power - A Link to the Past (MarkRoe)

Mario:
Axe Bridge - Super Mario Bros. (Flygon3x)
Axe Bridge 2 - Super Mario Bros. (McFox)
Bowser - Super Mario Bros. (McFox)
Bullet Bill - Super Mario Bros. (Flygon3x)
Castle - Super Mario Bros. (Flygon3x)
Cudge - Super Paper Mario (Flygon3x)
Exor - Super Mario RPG (MarkRoe)
Koopa Troopa - Super Mario Bros. (McFox)
Lost Stage - Super Mario Bros. 3 (Django_EXE)
Mario - Super Mario Bros. (McFox)
Mario Died! - Super Mario Bros. (McFox)
Mushroom Mayhem - Mario vs. Donkey Kong 2: March of the Minis (MarkRoe)
Navy and Air Force - Super Mario Bros. 3 (MarkRoe)
Potion - Super Mario Bros. 2 (McFox)
Vase - Super Mario Bros. 2 (MarkRoe)
Phase 004 - Wrecking Crew (MarkRoe)

Megaman Classic:
Blizzardman's Stage - Megaman VI (Ondo)
Crashman's Stage - Megaman II (Ondo)
Cutman's Stage - Megaman (Ondo)
Cutman's Stage (alt. version) - Megaman (Ondo)
Freeze Man's Stage - Megaman VII (Ondo)
Shadowman's Stage - Megaman III (Ondo)
Yamato Man's Stage - Megaman VI (Ondo)

Megaman X:
Abandoned Reploid Factory - Megaman X2 (Ondo)
Axel the Red/Into the Jungle - Megaman X5 (Ondo)
Blaze Heatnix's Boss Room - Megaman X6 (Ondo)
Blizzard Wolfgang's Stage - Megaman X6 (Ondo)
Boomer Kuwanger's Tower - Megaman X (MarkRoe)
Boomer Kuwanger's Tower Interior - Megaman X (Ondo)
Broken Highway - Megaman X (Ondo)
Flame Mammoth's Stage - Megaman X (Ondo)
Infinity Mijinion's Weapon Center - Megaman X6 (Ondo)
Launch Octopus's Stage - Megaman X (Ondo)
Morph Moth's Robot Junkyard - Megaman X2 (Ondo)
Sting Chameleon Mountain - Megaman X (MarkRoe)
Sting Chameleon's Stage - Megaman X (Ondo)
Storm Eagle's Stage - Megaman X (Ondo)
Web Spider's Jungle -Megaman X4 (Ondo)

Metroid:
Ridley Room - Super Metroid (KeyKid19)

Pokémon:
Pokeball - Pokemon RBG (Flygon3x)
Trainer Tower - Pokemon FR/LG (sceptilian)

Star Fox:
Star Fox Squadron - Star Fox 64 (G-X)

Tetris:
Symmetrical Tetris (Orsist)
Tetris 1 (Lunar Sorcerer)
Tetris 2 (Ondo)
Tetris 3 (McFox)

Wario:
Curious Factory - Wario Land 4 (MarkRoe)
Paper Plane - Warioware (Ondo)
Stick & Move - Warioware (Ondo)
The Maze That Pays - Warioware (Ondo)

Other:
Fortress Approach - Air Fortress (MarkRoe)
Round 2 - Bomb Jack (Ondo)
Round 6 - Bomb Jack (Ondo)
Round 7 - Bomb Jack (Ondo)
SOS!! - Bubble Bobble (MarkRoe)
Neo City Harbor - Contra Force (MarkRoe)
Generic Arena - Custom Robo (Lunar Sorcerer)
Lemmings - Lemmings (McFox)
Pac-Man - Pac-Man (Ondo)
Peoria, IL. - Rampage (Dust319)
Cavern - Rygar (Ondo)
Temple - Rygar (Ondo)
Room 2-1 - Solomon's Key (Ondo)
Space Invader - Space Invaders (Ondo)
Stage 1 - Street Fighter (Ondo)

Smash Bros. 64:
Hyrule Castle (McFox)
Kongo Jungle (McFox)
Peach's Castle (McFox)
Saffron City (McFox)
Yoshi's Island (McFox)

MarkRoe

Smash Cadet
I totally agree... I just kind of threw the concept out there but didn't take the time to refine it. I'll put up a revised version later.

tanfastic

Smash Apprentice
They looks great! I drew m own stage the other day and wanted to use it... but it was thrown into that fireplace :*( lol

Gennie

Smash Apprentice
I liked them a lot.. but I have to point something out, I'm 99% sure that you can't rotate verticaly the pieces of the stage builder, for example the parts you used in the "Navy and Air Forces", the ones at the edges of the ships are fliped verticaly xP

KaosAssassin

Smash Apprentice
They all look great. I'm not too sure about the Sting Chameleon Mountain but the Boomer Kuwanger tower looks awesome (megaman X is my favorite game) and I definetly will be creating that stage

Seiko Shashude

Smash Cadet
Nice job, My favorite has to be the Mercury Lighthouse Entrance. Also good job on all the other stages as well,=)

Sorry about the double post the Smashboard's server seems to be having seizures, cause it will not load pages for sh*t...=( But anyways, sorry about that.

Will19

Smash Apprentice
Indeed, I love the Golden Sun Lighthouse!
Nice work, MarkRoe.

Too bad the Stage Builder is so limited. :/
Perhaps an Action Replay-code will allow you for a more advanced Stage Builder in the future? :p

Tinkerer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2251-4736-2935
Awesome job, although quite a few of them aren't doable (you can't, sadly, make blocks reaching to left and right end or all the way up or down). The Butter Building (second), Airship and Lighthouse look the most fun to actually play on.

MarkRoe

Smash Cadet
Thanks for the feedback guys! I'm glad you like the stages. It's too bad the Stage Builder is so limited; you would have thought that they would have made it full-featured, you know? It's all good though, I'm sure as time progressess people are really going to push it to it's limits, and eventually, possibly past it's limits (Action Replay maybe, as Will19 was saying).

KeyKid19

Smash Ace
Great stuff there. All of them look very fun to play on even if they didn't provide great nostalgic pleasure.

MarkRoe

Smash Cadet
This looks fun! Do you take requests for stage schematics?
Hmm... that could be fun. Why not? It would not only be cool for people to see their stage ideas put into action but it would also benefit me too, because I'm trying to make some really awesome stages for everyone to enjoy when Brawl comes out. I want to make the best stages I can for both my circle of friends and everyone else. Getting new ideas from people would help me to explore some of those concepts.

If anyone has any requests, shoot. I'll gladly take them. (But please make them based on existing designs from games. Anything else I would encourage you to try on your own).

Indignant

Smash Journeyman
OK, thanks! I'd love to see a Venus/Mars Lighthouse Aerie stage featuring the GS Battle music, of course. I'm assuming you know what it looks like because you did the other GS one.

This isn't the right lighthouse, but I cannot find the correct one. Venus or Mars would give the best fighting experience.

Perhaps some adaptation of the final boss room from Legend of Zelda, a Link to the Past (or the Dark World Pyramid, either is good.)
The boss room looks like this:

After a while, Ganon causes the edge panels to fall away.

The Pyramid is really big, and won't fit in one picture. however, here's the top..I take that back. Someone doing a guide put together a nice picture.

The Vases from Super Mario Bros. 2 (The one with Peach, Luigi, Toad and Mario playable...Super Mario USA I think it is sometimes called)

Sorry, it's really tiny and hard to see, but the only picture I could find:

MarkRoe

Smash Cadet
Alright, just give me some time. Cool choices, btw. I should have them up within the next couple of days. Thanks bro!

Indignant

Smash Journeyman
No problem!

Edit: In the beginning, I only had the Lighthouse in mind...I knew one idea was not enough, so I looked around my room, and noticed my SNES. Super Mario All-Stars stuck out, and for some reason I thought of the vase. And with an SNES, one cannot help but think of A Link to the Past, and it's most iconic landmark (also, I think, it's largest).

Ondo

Smash Apprentice
I like Sting Chameleon Mountain. Unfortunately, you can't do walk-off stages in Stage Builder, but it looks fun regardless.

Also, for Boomer Kuranger's Tower, you can't put a platform and a ladder in the same square, so you'll have to pick one or the other. I'd recommend keeping the platforms.

I recently rented Mega Man X Collection and designed a bunch of stages from it, which you can see on my blog, though I'm still working on posting those from X2 and up. I missed that cool area in Sting Chameleon's stage, but did do one based off of the same spot in Boomer Kuranger's tower, though mine is quite different.

MarkRoe

Smash Cadet
Thanks Ondo. It's too bad you can't put the ladder and platform on the same space, but I'd agree on keeping the platforms. Thanks for letting me know.

I like alot of the designs you've made on your page. Boomer Interior, Flame Mammoth, and Broken Highway were my favorites from Megaman X. But you've got some other really cool ones on there too. I'll probably check your blog here and there to see when you've posted new ones.

RAAR

Smash Apprentice
The Axe Bridge.

This seems kinda small but you could also make the "your princess is in another castle" area and maby a little of the level before this part. If you can make breakable blocks i recomond you use them on the top.

MarkRoe

Smash Cadet
Alright, here's your stages Indignant:

You suggested both the pyramid and Ganon's final boss room... so I did my best to combine the two. Inside the pyramid is Ganon's chamber, and lo and behold the edges will crumble away. The thin platforms near the bottom allow you to survive by jumping through them if the floor does fall away and you drop though. You might even use this simply to get to another part of the level on purpose rather than by accident. The full-bodied square blocks on the bottom left and right allow you to grab on to the ledges should you fall as well. Also, the stairs have been replaced by ladders. Took a lot of liberties here, but I like it.

I made quite a few different versions of this before settling on this design. At one point there were lower levels that you could walk on like where the striped pattern on the big center building is.
The ladders are there to define the shape of the center building... but you could also stick normal blocks there to have variation if you wanted. The crevice on the top is where the orb thing swirls and all that. You've also got some falling bricks in the center that give you a chance to jump back through to the stage. The two thin towers are there along with a thin platform above representing the tops of the upside-down "V" walls that each tower has behind it. Again, a lot of liberties here.

The Golden Sun music, of course, would go with this stage. But I also picked another song I liked just for some variation since I already used it in another stage. And one more thing, I couldn't find a map of the venus/mars lighthouse either, haha. But I recall them looking not too different-possibly identical-to this one. So I went ahead and used the image you posted.

This one is 100% identical to the original, there's not much to say about this one, haha.

So, I hope you liked 'em! If anyone else has any other requests I'm completely open to any ideas. Ask away.

JoJoRukus

Smash Apprentice
I thought to do so many of these myself, but most of yours are better than stuff I came up with. :(
How about a stage based on the boss fight in Megaman 2 in Wily's Tower, where you fight the dragon. 3 or 4 falling blocks along with four unmoving blocks on the far right. XD

Project Occasus

Smash Cadet
I always enjoy seeing created stages made by other people. I look forward to any future stages you make.

rklamer

Smash Cadet
Nice job, TC! My favorite, and one I will download should you create it, is the Butter Ascent one. Being a major Kirby fan, it's familiar to me. Again, great job.

MarkRoe

Smash Cadet
Thanks Occasus and KirbyRockz. RAAR and JoJoRukus, your stages will be up next.

Anybody who's reading this thread, take a look at the edited first post. The purpose of the thread has changed.. it's no longer going to be about my designs, but a place for people to easily find and download the game-based stages they want.

Indignant

Smash Journeyman
Awesome. The Pyramid is the best! It captures everything! You, sir, are an artist! I liked the others very much as well, but the Pyramid is a work of art!

I'll try to think of more ideas, as you express them far better than I ever could!

EDIT: I came up with another idea!

The Fight atop Exor from SMRPG/Bowser's Castle!

William101

Smash Cadet
How do you download these? And when your making the stages is it in game with everything placed where you want or is it something else? Brawl doesnt come out here till June/July and havent heard anything about the stage creation thing.

marthownsxd

Smash Apprentice
Great stuff! Love the Tetris stages! I really wished that the original version of the Tetris song was in the game. I don't like the new remake.

The Mega Man X stages are awesome. I built them and they result in some really good fights.

If you want, I can send you the files so that you can add them to the stage browser before the game gets released (in the tower I had to move the ladders to the right, or they wouldn't work).

Indignant

Smash Journeyman
How do you download these? And when your making the stages is it in game with everything placed where you want or is it something else? Brawl doesnt come out here till June/July and havent heard anything about the stage creation thing.
As of now, these are all schematics. Designs to be recreated in the Stage Builder. I think MarkRoe will produce them when he gets Brawl for distribution via the Stage Browser.

MarkRoe

Smash Cadet
The Mega Man X stages are awesome. I built them and they result in some really good fights.

If you want, I can send you the files so that you can add them to the stage browser before the game gets released (in the tower I had to move the ladders to the right, or they wouldn't work).
I'm glad they worked out! That's really good to hear. And that would be fine if you want to send me the files. Thanks bro.

Indignant said:
As of now, these are all schematics. Designs to be recreated in the Stage Builder. I think MarkRoe will produce them when he gets Brawl for distribution via the Stage Browser.
This is correct.

Also, stage requests will be up later today!

MarkRoe

Smash Cadet

This level is pretty rad. To make it less cumbersome, I just kept in the tops of the towers, and I made the swordblade ladders instead of full blocks. It is more practical for play with the stage builder's limitations but keeps the aesthetics of the original. And then there's Exor himself of course... I'm pleasantly suprised at how well it turned out! This stage looks like a lot of fun.
Hope you all enjoy it!

As for the other requests... someone else already made the Axe Bridge, which I have linked on the first post. And the Megaman II idea was really lame, haha.

Top Bottom