• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Future of Smashboards-

MLG_JV

Smash Ace
Hey everyone, I just wanted to drop in and make a brief announcement regarding the future of Smashboards.

As some of you are already aware, Major League Gaming Inc has acquired Smashboards.com. Throughout the history of the competitive Smash community, MLG has been one of the very few companies that has embraced and supported competitive Smash -- from the 2004-2006 Pro Circuit and the 2007 Smash Series, to the video/content coverage and tens of thousands of dollars in prizes, MLG has long been a part of the competitive Smash scene and has always upheld its values and traditions. It’s something I can say I have been proud to be a part of.

When MLG initially looked into adding Super Smash Bros Melee to their Pro Circuit they looked within the community for an individual to run and implement the standards that were accepted at that time. MLG has always been a company that has aimed to build the community rather than try to change it. You will continue to see this same mentality, and in fact, this acquisition just proves MLG’s continued commitment to Super Smash Brothers and the community behind it.

So as I can imagine, one of the big questions crossing your mind is how this will affect your everyday experience on Smashboards. We plan to keep the same look and grassroots feel that you have come to love. Virtually all of the existing moderation staff and all of the various boards, threads and site functions will be just as they were before. In fact, most of this was already transitioned to our servers during the latter part of the September 22-28 week. MLG’s resources have enabled us to provide faster and more reliable servers for Smashboards – something I’m sure you will all see as a huge improvement.

I would encourage all of you that would maybe like a better understanding of Major League Gaming Inc to check out their home page, www.mlgpro.com <http://www.mlgpro.com/> , for more information. In closing, I just want to once again reassure you that our goal is to provide the same great experience and grassroots feel you have come to know and embrace. Any changes or modifications we make in the future will always keep this principle in mind. In the meantime, you can expect pretty much the same old Smashboards, just on some new servers ;). But do keep your eyes peeled for a special announcement (I’ll give you a hint: It involves Brawl and some cash)!

-JV

Micedit: Please feel free to discus this here.

Top Bottom