• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Future of Project M

xDizxy

Smash Journeyman
Imo pm is more fun to watch than melee. More viable characters instead of fox falco or marth 90% of the time. Such a shame. Wish them luck.

UMR | donmk

RIP PM
http://projectmgame.com/

What could this mean for the future of Project M?
It means Nintendo finally decided to take action and they reached a settlement whereby they say they're shutting down. Nintendo doesn't get the bad publicity from taking down PM, PMDT doesn't have to fork out money for whatever Nintendo is suing them for / attorney fees.

At the end of the day we all knew it was a possibility. We were just praying Nintendo listened to their fans for once. Man were we naive.

Also, this does not necessarily mean that a C&D was issued. Talks often happen before any legal papers are served.

Last edited:

I speak Spanish too

Smash Journeyman
So this is a red flag for other games trying to do this like SSF2 and stuff like that. Is it still possible to download and play PM somewhere at least? I was hoping 3.6 can stabilize the meta

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
The Future of Project M is determined by its community.

Does the community decide to abandon the game altogether?

or

Does it decide to choose the best version of Project M and stay alive underground?

The choice is for the community to decide.

Kero the Invincible

Smash Apprentice
I'm certainly hoping the community can hold it together. Melee hasn't received a single update since it was released, and people still play it.

I'm more interested to see how the meta-game will be affected, since it seems like we'll be going from a Smash 4 style of development to a Melee style one.

What I mean is, people won't be able to say "nerf this, buff this, I hope this move gets replaced by something better in the future", therefore, the game will be more about mastering every single intricacy a character has. In fact, now that we know no character's physics or moveset will be subject to change in the future, we can happily learn the application of any tech a character might have, without worry that it will be removed or obsoleted in the future.

I speak Spanish too

Smash Journeyman
Melee is different, though. This meta of PM was formed artificially so stabilizing a meta and it still being innovative in PM is quite the challenge.

I'm certainly hoping the community can hold it together. Melee hasn't received a single update since it was released, and people still play it.
I am quite happy about the death of the endless updates for a once. I thought of playing Snake, then saw some what I would call drastic changes to him from demo, to 2.0, then 3.0 from what I recall. Not sure about the others. However, it was that sort of behavior I really disliked and actually kept me away from playing P:M pretty much at all. There was never some final stable release. I can see doing some legitimate issues patching like someone falling through a stage sort of thing. But, not constant tweaks to a character's move-set as well on the terms of balance as well.

Now that the team is actually dead I am like WOOHOO! and ready to go to the most stable release. It will simply be sometime I think before people find out what is the most stable release.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

tasteless gentleman

Smash Journeyman
I am quite happy about the death of the endless updates for a once. I thought of playing Snake, then saw some what I would call drastic changes to him from demo, to 2.0, then 3.0 from what I recall. Not sure about the others. However, it was that sort of behavior I really disliked and actually kept me away from playing P:M pretty much at all. There was never some final stable release. I can see doing some legitimate issues patching like someone falling through a stage sort of thing. But, not constant tweaks to a character's move-set as well on the terms of balance as well.

Now that the team is actually dead I am like WOOHOO! and ready to go to the most stable release. It will simply be sometime I think before people find out what is the most stable release.
[/QUOTE]
Stable like link and olimars grabs? or stable like yoshi? Sorry but honestly i like 3.5 but 3.6 is not bad either.

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
My hope is that Project M is even more popular in the future than it is today. In fact, I'm hoping that Project M achieves cult status and that its legend only continues to grow.

Also, shouldn't Nintendo stop selling Brawl new in stores now? What's the point of still selling it now that Project M isn't keeping it alive?

Top Bottom