• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Future of Lucas in the Meta

Piipp

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ZebraJammiez
3DS FC
2681-1864-8125
Nakat won Battlegrounds 2 a couple of days ago using Lucas; and when I say "using Lucas", I mean he used Lucas against Jbandrew in grand finals because he knew that Jband wouldn't be as familiar. Nakat won because he's a great player, but his Lucas was incredibly bread-and-butter.
Yeah. Nakat isn't really technical with Lucas at all. He doesn't do footstool, dair lock, or anything like that. Not even any psi magnet mixups.

abx

Smash Journeyman
Well, which players do more technical stuff on a regular basis? Footstooling and ground-locking is somewhat tricky to pull off against a formidable foe, in the heat of the battle, and there are always conservative options which aren't as rewarding, but easy to execute.

frozentreasure

Smash Apprentice
NNID
frozentreasure
It's not about the technical play; Pink Fresh didn't/doesn't use a lot of Lucas' more advanced techniques either, opting to go for guaranteed damage and setups a lot of the time, but he's still a better Lucas than Nakat because he was far more intimately familiar with everything Lucas can do.

Hakii plays/played Lucas as advanced as he can, though; he goes for the footstool in almost every match I see of his, usually gets it, and generally plays Lucas rushdown style, which pretty much requires you to be on point with the more technical stuff and mixups.

phili

Smash Apprentice
NNID
phili11
If you want to see a very technical lucas, watch HaKii. There are only a few videos of him on youtube, but he seems to get the footstool dair locks quite often. He also plays much more aggressive than I've seen from other lucas players, which I find extremely entertaining

Piipp

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ZebraJammiez
3DS FC
2681-1864-8125
If you want to see a very technical lucas, watch HaKii. There are only a few videos of him on youtube, but he seems to get the footstool dair locks quite often. He also plays much more aggressive than I've seen from other lucas players, which I find extremely entertaining
HaKii isn't extremely technical, but he definitely is aggressive and great with Lucas. Unfortunately, to my knowledge, he's dropping our boy for Corrin.

JosePollo

Smash Journeyman
HaKii isn't extremely technical, but he definitely is aggressive and great with Lucas. Unfortunately, to my knowledge, he's dropping our boy for Corrin.
It's alright, though, we still have Taiheita (Japanese player) on our side, and I personally think he's unquestionably the best Lucas in the world right now. Go watch some of his matches, they're pretty amazing.

Last edited:
Top Bottom