• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Future King Gets His Very Own Trailer

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Bowser Jr.'s been one of my most wanted for the longest time, and this trailer was really satisfying. I can't even begin to think how much I would've lost my head if Jr.'s trailer was unveiled before we had any idea that he was in the game.

SilverGS

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0173-1615-2403
Probably one of my favourite trailers, especially that part when the koopalings appear.

Doompatron3000

Smash Journeyman
I like this trailer, it gives me that "Villains" trailer vibe we were all hoping to get,

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm pretty sure Duck Hunt is going to be the last trailer

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Anyone else get the feeling that this trailer is a sequel to Megaman's?

I mean, same setting and same characters as in the previous trailer. :D

EazyDI

Smash Apprentice
I was not expecting bowser jr to be in the wii u version, this trailer really took me by surprise

...Still great tho lol
The 3DS version and the Wii U verson will have the same characters buddy. (Not sure if that will be the same for DLC)

Last edited:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
No matter what anyone says, I don't see a trailer for Dark Pit happening.

I mean, what are they going to show? How EXACLY like Pit he is? I really hope Sakurai didn't spend time and money for a self-pleasing Kid Icarus-themed trailer.

Lucina was a different story because she came bundled with Robin and C.Falcon. Dark Pit missed his ship in Palutena's trailer. :p (inb4shipping jokes).

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542

And Greninja Lmfao
Why isn't this places a stage? Smash Valley, anyone?

I mean, Wii Fit Studio, Rainbow Road, Boxing Ring, Palutena's Temple/Skyworld, Arena Ferox, and Guar Plains are all stages, and all the other trailers took place there.

I mean, what are they going to show? How EXACLY like Pit he is? I really hope Sakurai didn't spend time and money for a self-pleasing Kid Icarus-themed trailer.

Lucina was a different story because she came bundled with Robin and C.Falcon. Dark Pit missed his ship in Palutena's trailer. :p (inb4shipping jokes).
Bruh. Dark Pit is already on the website.

Everyone knows he isn't getting a trailer.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Am i the only one who expected duck hunt to cone out and shoot the koopalings down at the end?

passworddots

Smash Rookie
Am i the only one who expected duck hunt to cone out and shoot the koopalings down at the end?
I'm sure they saw it as a foolish advertising move to put all their Ducks in a row of Klown Cars...

To put all their Koopas in one basket....

...what I mean is, they wanted to spread it out.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I'm sure they saw it as a foolish advertising move to put all their Ducks in a row of Klown Cars...

To put all their Koopas in one basket....

...what I mean is, they wanted to spread it out.
true but the heros were getting owned, i expected it to zoom out, them be on tv, get shot, then the channel changes and shows that potd, duck hunt shows up, gets rid of diddy then shot himself and the holder of the zapper is shown.

al-LAYN

Smash Cadet
My only real complaint when it comes down to Bowser Jr., and The Koopalings, is the lack of alternate costumes to them. Even if you decide to play as one of the Koopalings, you are still stuck with the default look for all of them. I don't know, I just wish there was AT LEAST one alternate for each one. Oh well, I still have hopes for DLC, but we'll see.

Last edited:

Deviddo

Smash Journeyman
My only real complaint when it comes down to Bowser Jr., and The Koopalings, is the lack of alternate costumes to them. Even if you decide to play as one of the Koopalings, you are still stuck with the default look for all of them. I don't know, I just wish there was AT LEAST one alternate for each one. Oh well, I still have hopes for DLC, but we'll see.
Yeah I think if we're not getting any extra characters (I really think Mewtwo is the only one) then it would be pretty sweet if we got more extra costumes and colors. Lucas, anyone?

Seigi Hakobi

Smash Rookie
This is certainly an epic trailer, I hope mewtwo gets one in the style of the original pokemon anime... But Duck Hunt Dog is confirmed to get a trailer, though it might be more akin to Pac-man's reveal (ie no cgi, just gameplay) but a cgi DHD trailer would be cool, no doubt.

Seigi Hakobi

Smash Rookie
I love this trailer because this is the first time you see Mario with legitimate fear on his face.
It's also nice to see them acknowledge the fact that they all have a shield that they can use! Kudos to sakurai, he knows how to make a great trailer!

Deviddo

Smash Journeyman
You see that's why Bowser is the best dad ever he teaches his kids how to drive and manage weaponry at ridiculously young ages, adopted or otherwise.
Well, his minions, but yeah he really goes all out.

Modular Zeal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
tsquared
3DS FC
2750-1105-6750
This trailer was probably the best of all of them.... maybe even better than Megaman's...

Modular Zeal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
tsquared
3DS FC
2750-1105-6750
Guess only Duck Hunt is the last one left. Only question is if they're doing to do it in a Direct or a surprise reveal.
One thing I'm predicting is that, in the movie section of the Wii U version they will be updating it with cool short "trailers" Maybe one for every character or one for every franchise. Also, there will most likely be a DLC trailer.

Modular Zeal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
tsquared
3DS FC
2750-1105-6750

It totally could be, especially given the rumor of how Bowser Jr. was hidden the Mega Man trailer.

Modular Zeal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
tsquared
3DS FC
2750-1105-6750

Well, he was technically in Palutena's trailer soo...

Fairycancel

Smash Rookie
Mewtwo IS still a veteran though. Not a newcomer, it's not very often veterans get trailers.
Charizard kinda got one though. Greninja shared the spotlight with him. If they want to hype him even more then Mewtwo will get a trailer as well.

Top Bottom