• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Fox Matchup

Iko-Seiko

Smash Apprentice
Fox is the reason I've stopped going to Project M tournaments, and I'd like to get over that.

No matter the character i play, I have an insane amount of trouble with fox. But since i'm wanting toon link to be my new main, I'm asking here.

What does toon link do against fox? And i mean the jerk foxes. The ones who endlessly dashdance camp and spam nair-shine pressure.

Any tips on camping him or getting grabs? Good setups to kill him early? Just generally not falling prey to his mindless BS?

Help me learn the matchup so i can enjoy PM again~

OgReAggressive

Smash Cadet
Dont Get Hit. Stop trying to hit him and hit him. But to be honest find a good fox player and spar lots and just try things sure you'll loose but its just experimentation.

steakhouse

Smash Apprentice
get him above you and super juggle him with upair, uptilt and upsmash, finishing up with an up-B.

Combo starters to achieve this : up-throw, backair, falling upair, downair.

Shrug

Smash Cadet
I second the support for falling up air. I have found it to be extremely useful. I wouldn't recommend dair as much unless you're really sure you'll hit with it. It's just too easy to punish if you don't edge cancel it.

Top Bottom