• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Forest of Hope (detailed description + music)

Smash Ninja

Smash Journeyman
Peacehaven, East Sussex, Good ol' England
The forest of hope: This would start off as all the characters standing on the dolphin and fighting (duh...). Then it would crash onto the landing site and all the characters would be flung off onto one of the breakable walls from the game. As they continue to fight, the wall slowly drops down, shaking the players. Then, the wall completely falls down, but before they hit the floor, a big bulborb will run through. The runs around the area, making the cuved "platform" (its back) tilt around. Then he will stop randomly and everyone will fly fowards. Then they luckily get caught by on of the flying things that hold stuff. Its holding three platforms, which is obviously what you will then use to fight on. After flying for a bit, the flying-thing swoops down and drops you all into the nearby lake, which, granted, is not deep at all in real terms, but this is the pikmin world, so you would still drown. So here, you must jump from twig to twig to survive. Then you all jump up before you go down a small waterfall and land on one of the pikmin-made bridges where the fight ensues. While on the bridge, a group of rouge pikmin (the mushroom ones from Pikmin 1) will pick you up an throw you onto a plant. Here, you fight on the leaves, which move when you step on them. If stepped on too much, they will break, if not stepped on much at all they will grow. The whole time, the plant is growing higher and higher, until eventually it is in the treetops, where it breaks. You then battle on a branch. The tree then gets hit by another Bulborb and you fall back into the landing site, right next to Olimars ship, which the pikmin are just finishing repairing. Everyone then stands on the ship. It takes off, goes a fair way, and then smoke comes out of the back. It turns around and the whole thing starts again!

EDIT: When you're on the landing site, a Honeywisp could appear, and whoever breaks open the egg, would suck up the nectar! This idea is from Iboid! Im guessing that in Brawl, the nectar will have healing properties and will only appear on this stage! This makes the stage even more unique, as it is the only one with guarranteed healing properties!

EDIT#2: In the river, there are also leaves to hop across that sink, and the screen moves left and right. To get onto the bridge, you land on the bank first. On the other side of the bridge, you fight a collection of smaller enemies (including toadmin from Pikmin 1). Idea by 2azn4u.

This would be the music, it starts off slow, and jazzes up later on. For Brawl, however, the whole thing would be jazzed up A LOT more...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoMx0BTPVgE

What do ya think? I personally believe that thi would be a good choice to represent Pikmin 1, but there should also be another (calmer) stage to represent Pikmin 2...

EDITYPOP!!!: For more Pikmin-stage-love, go to Colenstiens Impact Site stage idea!!!! http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=3726332&posted=1#post3726332 TIS AWESOME :D

S0crat3s

Smash Apprentice
This sounds like an outstanding idea, the whole "exploring a giant world" concept has been wonderfully transferred from the Pikmin games...

Smash Ninja

Smash Journeyman
Your post has really made me excited about the prospects of a Pikmin stage. I wouldn't be surprised if they went with somthing similar to your idea. Great choice of music as well.
Why thank you also, Wiseguy, glad to hear you like! :)

I think the music to represent Pikmin should be quite extensive, as there are a lot of memorable tunes from Pikmin, and this one was suitable, because not only is it from the place the stage is based off, but it also changes in tempo like the dynamics of the stage.

Im pleased to hear that your excited by this, and im also amazed that you think somethin like my idea could be in Brawl! I thank you again and hope your right!

Iboid

Smash Apprentice
Woah, this is an awesome idea! I would love this stage, I really hope they do something similar to it in Brawl, which is likely.

Smash Ninja

Smash Journeyman
Woah, this is an awesome idea! I would love this stage, I really hope they do something similar to it in Brawl, which is likely.
Thank you ALSO!!!!!! Wow, no-ones posted one negative comment yet... O_O

Im glad you like and that you like it enough to hope its in Brawl (it would be nice if it was ;))!

Any suggestions for improvement? Anyone? I welcome new ideas.

I cant believe everyone likes this! :laugh:
Everywhere else I have posted this (the original pikmin support thread, and the re-done current one), it got ignored...

EDIT: W00T!!!! 150 posts! 60 of which have been in the last 3 or 4 days! :laugh:

Iboid

Smash Apprentice
Thank you ALSO!!!!!! Wow, no-ones posted one negative comment yet... O_O

Im glad you like and that you like it enough to hope its in Brawl (it would be nice if it was ;))!

Any suggestions for improvement? Anyone? I welcome new ideas.

I cant believe everyone likes this! :laugh:
Everywhere else I have posted this (the original pikmin support thread, and the re-done current one), it got ignored...

EDIT: W00T!!!! 150 posts! 60 of which have been in the last 3 or 4 days! :laugh:
Oh, I have an idea! When you're on the landing site, a Honeywisp could appear, and whoever breaks open the egg, would suck up the nectar!

Smash Ninja

Smash Journeyman
Oh, I have an idea! When you're on the landing site, a Honeywisp could appear, and whoever breaks open the egg, would suck up the nectar!
Nice! I will put that in! So nectar would basically just heal damage in Brawl, right? I shall include this, as I dont think any other stage has included guaranteed healing before! :D

I shall credit you!

EDIT: Done, and can I add that awesome little pic in your sig into mine?

Iboid

Smash Apprentice
Nice! I will put that in! So nectar would basically just heal damage in Brawl, right? I shall include this, as I dont think any other stage has included guaranteed healing before! :D

I shall credit you!

EDIT: Done, and can I add that awesome little pic in your sig into mine?
Sure, go right ahead. I found it in another sig too, and Olimar is just SO Awesome, I had to add it.

Monkeyjr352

Smash Cadet
Hmmmm...quite interesting. You seem to have pictured a truly amazing board. The music would work perfectly as the battle heats up, so does the music. I can't think of anything to possibly add to that.

-Also, Smash Ninja, it is always nice to hear someone with as kind remarks as you do, responding to each response. Very well done.

Smash Ninja

Smash Journeyman
Hmmmm...quite interesting. You seem to have pictured a truly amazing board. The music would work perfectly as the battle heats up, so does the music. I can't think of anything to possibly add to that.

-Also, Smash Ninja, it is always nice to hear someone with as kind remarks as you do, responding to each response. Very well done.
Aw thanks! Im sorry I couldnt reply to you as quickly...

I kinda moulded the stage around the song, but I already had some elements that I wanted to use. In the end, it was a matter of choosing the best parts and seeing what would flow best! :)

Thanks again for liking my ideas so much, and for the rather nice compliment! ;)

2azn4u

Smash Rookie
An outstanding and original idea, although slightly like Poke Floats....bad memories >.>
I would suggest for the part with the shallow lake to make it that there are leaves floating on the surface and the screen moves to either the left or right and eventually you meet up to some pikmin building a bridge, those pikmin you could then kill. Farther along the bridge you would have to fight those annoying bugs that always eat pikmin. All over the level it would be interesting to meet up with the various "monsters" from the various pikmin games. Overall, you've made me very anxious for a pikmin stage! I plan to use Olimar and P.Trainer myself =]

Smash Ninja

Smash Journeyman
An outstanding and original idea, although slightly like Poke Floats....bad memories >.>
I would suggest for the part with the shallow lake to make it that there are leaves floating on the surface and the screen moves to either the left or right and eventually you meet up to some pikmin building a bridge, those pikmin you could then kill. Farther along the bridge you would have to fight those annoying bugs that always eat pikmin. All over the level it would be interesting to meet up with the various "monsters" from the various pikmin games. Overall, you've made me very anxious for a pikmin stage! I plan to use Olimar and P.Trainer myself =]
Thanks for the feedback ^^

I'll add the leaves and the bit where you fight the little monsters! Nice ideas there!

Glad I gave you hopes!

PukeTShirt

Smash Journeyman
Original - check
Dynamic - check
hazards - check
good for "just for fun" matches - check
good for "serious, no BS" matches - sorry, no dice there. Its definitely unique, but I always tend to veer away from the moving, hazard filled stages, which brawl seems to have an over-abundance of as is. As long as there are enough standard, no BS stages to balance things out, then I'm all for a level like this, but if the current trend continues, with so many dynamic and hazard filled stages, then I would prefer a stage like this to be left out. Sorry, just personal opinion :/

Top Bottom