• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The first Smash Ultimate trailer spoiled the Main Theme "Lifelight"

Powbro1985

Smash Rookie
I feel like I'm the only one who noticed the faint leitmotif of Lifelight in the first trailer. We have been spoiled since the very beginning and it's odd that nobody noticed it. I've searched far and wide to see if anyone noticed it. Unfortunately, not a single thread or video on youtube found this little secret in the first trailer. The leitmotif starts playing around 0:47 in the first Smash Bros. teaser. Raise your volume so you can hear the theme. I don't know why I'm so worked up about this but I just find it amazing that nobody catch on to this. This is the only reason why I made this account. I hope I'm not the only one.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
People definitely noticed it. You underestimate the Smash fandom's ability to analyze a thirty second teaser.

Hell, multiple people made remixes of the leitmotif to try to guess something close to what the main theme would be.

Room100

Smash Apprentice
Holy crap I hadn't watched that first trailer in a while and it's so obvious I'm surprised I didn't notice. Great call!

Khao

Smash Lord
Yeah, that was actually brought up a lot. Many people correctly theorized that it was an "echo" of the future main theme of the game. And a lot actually recognized the main theme immediately as the same one from the teaser. I'm pretty sure that was one of my first thoughts once the whole fighter sequence began.

Last edited:

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
Yeah, you're definitely not the only one who noticed that. I noticed it as soon as the teaser dropped.
Anyway, in case you want more proof of a new Smash title, listen here at the 0:48 mark. It's HIGHLY likely they're teasing the new theme song since I don't recognize that melody from any of the previous Smash titles or any Nintendo game.
Also,
Even if it gets debunked immediately, I like the idea of that song towards the end being a tease for the new theme. That's a fun idea.
Don't think I forgot about this, SlickWylde SlickWylde .
And yes, I'm just kidding ya. :p

Top Bottom