• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Final Cutter

Ekimaster

Smash Cadet
I have no idea since I haven't played the game, but it seems faster, and thus easier to spike with. There's one thing I wonder though. I know that you can't spike with it if you hit on the way up, but what would happen if you used the attack on the edge, moving forward so that you get out of the stage? Will you grab the ledge? Will the opponent get spiked? Would it work if you hit with the first cut too? (since there no longer is a shock wave to stop the spike)

Sorry if it's been posted before.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I love spamming the Final Cutter in SSB, SSBM, and SSBB. I like it better in SSBB, when you get hit, you still have all your jumps unlike SSBM, (I hated that, x_x), but now it like Kirby's best edge gard and quick combo moveset now, yay. :D

Cereal Rabbit

Smash Lord
I liked making myself look like a noob for spamming this move. That's the only reason why I was generally rejected against my competetive friends.

Warriors

Smash Journeyman
This move is famous without a doubt
even Ike's willing to try it out

Crescent_Sun

Smash Apprentice
This move is famous without a doubt
even Ike's willing to try it out
yeah that's the first thing i noticed about ike's up b
he seems to be jealous :laugh:
anyways, does it create space between you and your opponent or can you do a combo right after it?

SmileyStation

Smash Journeyman
this move is a wonderful edge guard as well as a useful spike if your not used to his d-air. I have to say this is a great improvement from ssbm. :)

Plasmaexe

Smash Apprentice
If you're using it while on the stage, it's not going to spike them off the stage cause the 3rd hit is going to shoot out and connect. Though if you're getting back on the stage while someone else is, it can potentially spike them far enough to make it so that they can't get back on. It doesn't spike all the way like Ness's down air or send them flying down as fast. I'm glad it's improved though, you can stop people who're charging up a forward smash when you try to get back on.

SmileyStation

Smash Journeyman
I tried it as a recover tactic and hit a few people in an online match trying to spike me down. I tell ya, that move can be quite a tide turner in rough situations at the edge. I racked up 2 KOs w/ it by accident! XD

Top Bottom