• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic North The Final Clarkson's Battlefield: Smash 4 Singles Tournament

The Final Clarkson's Battlefield: Smash 4 Singles Tournament
Posted by ricktheone1
Clarkson's Corner
Thursday, January 5, 2017 - 06:00 PM
Until: Thursday, January 5, 2017 - 11:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/New_York)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/New_York

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

ricktheone1

Smash Apprentice

Times:

Set up starts at 6pm
Tournament should start around 7pm.

Fees:

- Venue Fee: $8 (all night)
- Tournament entry: $5
- Anyone that brings a full setup gets a $2 discount off the venue fee. A full set up includes a Wii U with all necessary wires (power supply, HDMI wire), Smash Bros for Wii U (Disc or digital), all DLC characters, Dreamland, Gamecube controller adapter, and monitor

Venue Rules:

There are some places to eat around the area, and outside food is welcome in the venue, however, there will be a designated section to eat. You cannot bring food into the tournament area.

Please clean up after yourselves. Don't leave any garbage behind. We don't want the guys at the venue working extra just to clean up after us.

Tourney Rules:

Evo rules mostly, but with some modifications.
-Double Elimination Bracket (Lose twice and you're out)
-Game Settings: 2 Stock, 6 Minute Time Limit, Custom Moves Off, Items Off, Equipment Off, Handicap Off, Damage Ratio 100%, 2/3 Games
-Winners, Losers and Grand Finals are Best of 5 (3/5)
-Cash prizes for First, Second, Third Place (
57.14% 28.57% 14.29% split) [This can change if there are more entrants]
-Mii Fighters On (1-1-1-1 Default Miis)
-Amiibo are banned.
-Players must bring their own controllers
-Pausing during a match will result in a forfeit, unless mutually agreed upon
-Sudden Death with a tied percentage/stock count will NOT determine the outcome of a tied game. A playoff match with 1 stock/2 minutes will determine the winner.
-If match ends in the form of a suicide kill (Kirby/Dedede Swallowcide, Ganoncide, Bowsercide) The person who initiated the killing move is the winner.
- “Double Blind” rule can be used, but only for the first game. When someone calls double blind, one of the players must find the TO (or a third party person) and each player must write on a piece of paper which character they want to pick. That person (TO or someone else) will then announce the characters that they chose and both players must choose said characters.
-After game one, following stage banning (see rules for bans below) the winner can choose a different character if they want to first, then the loser can choose a different character if they like.

Stage rules:

-Starter Stages: Battlefield (and Miiverse), Final Destination (and Omega), Lylat Cruise, Smashville, Town & City
-Counterpick Stages: Dream Land 64, Duck Hunt
-First stage is decided by (Rock Paper Scissors). Winner strikes, then loser strikes twice, then winner. (1-2-2-1)
- The winner of the game gets to ban one stage to start, while the loser bans two (the order will be 1-2-2-1)
-Following stages decided by winner banning one stage from all stages and then loser choosing.
-You may not choose a stage you have already won on unless mutually agreed to
- There are no bans in Winner, Losers and Grand finals since it is best of 5.

Any questions or concerns should be brought directly to the attention of tournament staff.

Last edited:

ricktheone1

Smash Apprentice
New venue fee starting this week! No free snack or drink anymore though.

ricktheone1

Smash Apprentice
Sorry for the delay in response. I actually did not realize that I did not have the time in the description,. Sorry about that. Set up is at 6, Tournament will start at around 7. Latest start time will be at 730.

I also saw that I did not include the FB link. I slipped this week
https://www.facebook.com/events/306332586389231/

Last edited:

EderHAF

Smash Rookie
Hey, I does anyone know how long it takes to have an event posted? Ive been waiting for 3 days, no luck yet. There is a cool smash tournament i made as fundraiser in New York, at a start up company in Chelsea. Its a group of conference rooms that are connected and each have a projector and PA system. Its for this saturday, october 22nd from 5pm till 10pm or whenever, free pizza and soda, entry fee is $20, all ages. im trying to get our prize from gamestop, gamefly or game express at the moment. Does anyone know another way i can spread the word with the NY smash people? i tried joining groups, but its always pending.

ricktheone1

Smash Apprentice
Is this spam?

If anything you have to wait it out. The mods can't approve everything quickly. Plus maybe your post (i just saw it) needs more info. What are the rules? What does $20 do? Is that entry for the tournament? What is the tournament fee? Just saying your going to do it doesn't give people enough info.

ricktheone1

Smash Apprentice
Here is the playlist on Youtube for the last Clarkson's Battlefield tournament

ricktheone1

Smash Apprentice
After a long delay, here are some vods from the last few CB's. This is one is from 14

Last edited:
Top Bottom