• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WoL The final battle feels impossible

Zarxrax

Smash Apprentice
I did world of light on Hard instead of easy, and it has been a real challenge, but I have finally cleared everything except the final bosses. I can't even figure out how to beat Galeem or Dharkon individually. Once I get them low on health they start throwing out their big attacks, and those are what always get me. I can't even fathom how I could possibly finish the true final stage where you have to do the boss rush... I could barely beat most of those bosses the first time, and a lot of them took me 10+ tries. I usually can't get through a single boss without dying.
Any tips at all on how to make it through these almost impossible challenges? I'm almost feeling like I made a mistake by not going through easy first. But at this point I'm 40 hours in, and I don't want to redo the whole thing just to clear it...

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
I can't really help much but my only advice is to remember how they attack. Be patient sometimes and try not to go for an extra attack if you think it's too risky. Also maybe try using different spirits. Great auto healer works wonderfully as you heal 5% every 5 seconds.

Oh and you can always change difficulty in game if you feel like you need to step down. No need to redo the whole adventure mode!

leejaybird

Smash Cadet
NNID
leejaybird
I completed it on Normal and lost 1 fighter to the boss rush and 1 fighter to the duo last boss. I had Skull Kid Majora's Mask as primary for the life steal. Supports I think I just had all air attack up since I didn't really know what to expect. Great auto healer would be a lot better.

For the bosses, a lot of moves can be countered. Basically any Fire Emblem character would do well. I had Ike countering Rathalos fairly easily. And most energy attacks can be reflected. I had Fox and Zelda as well so they just reflect projectiles.

The final boss was a bit of a pain. Most of their attack are easily avoidable. Some of them though are pretty hard to avoid entirely. I have a theory that may help with that. There is slot in the talent tree that makes it so you can't flinch when charging smash attacks. So if you know you're going to get hit, start charging a smash attack and you won't go flying. You'll still take damage but you won't die. This may or may not work, but it might be worth a shot.

Best of luck to you. I beat it my first try on Normal but I don't think I would have had the same luck on Hard. Heck it took me 26 hours to 100% WoL but you're up to 40. You must have a lot of patience lol

Last edited:

Zarxrax

Smash Apprentice
Oh and you can always change difficulty in game if you feel like you need to step down. No need to redo the whole adventure mode!
Holy crap, I didn't realize you can change the difficulty!
I'm thoroughly proud of myself for making it this far on hard, and I have no regrets taking it down to normal at this time.
Thank you!

leejaybird

Smash Cadet
NNID
leejaybird
Noooooo you have to finish strong! Don't give up now after coming so far!

Zarxrax

Smash Apprentice
Noooooo you have to finish strong! Don't give up now after coming so far!
Well, I did it. I just couldn't go on like that anymore. The final battle ended up being incredibly easy on Normal mode, I didn't die a single time and didn't even break a sweat.
It's not just that in hard mode you take more damage and knockback, and your attacks do less damage, but I also realized that the enemies attacks are MUCH more difficult to avoid. Like, they move faster and work slightly differently. For instance, there is this light and dark lava stuff that goes across the screen in the final battle... in hard mode, both sides literally converge so it is impossible to get through without taking damage... in normal, it moves slower and stays farther apart so you can actually get through. The hard mode just felt incredibly cheap...

I did enjoy going through the rest of the campaign on Hard though. I had read that normal was so easy that it just wasn't fun. And I honestly did enjoy the whole way through on Hard, although I had to cheese a few spirtits.

Last edited:

leejaybird

Smash Cadet
NNID
leejaybird
Oh whale. I cheesed a lot as well just because I wanted to finish the dang thing.

Top Bottom