• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Fanbases of Each Series

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I want to play as characters, not franchises. While the multiple universes represented in smash help make the game better in terms of extra content, it is nothing without worthwhile characters that you are CRAVING to play as (even for a 2nd, 3rd, and 4th go around). That has always been my view on smash.

I want to play characters whose play styles I like each time I get my palms on a new smash bros game. I also want to play as new characters that are not just iconic/undervalued and make me crave the game like a fat kid craves cake, but really adds something to the roster.

For example, I think adding Ridley would be great, because Smash is lacking in villains, heavyweights, and aerial-based characters. I want to play as Mega Man because I feel he is unlike any character in smash, and yet, perfectly fits in with his style in the classic Mega Man games. I want to play as K. Rool because his zaniness is tailor-made for smash, smash is lacking in super heavyweights, smash needs more (fun) villains, and he'd be completely unlike any character ever in smash.

Basically, characters and what they bring (even in terms of fanbases) > series getting "representation." (After all, who wants to play as a Pokéball when you got MEWTWO!!!)

Y

Yodery

Yeah, the Pokemon fanbase is screwed up...

The Smogon forums, man....

Top Bottom