• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

the fan kirby copy abilities tier list

ludvig4

Smash Rookie
NNID
ludvig4
I wonder how good bayonetta and corrins copy abilities are. I haven't played sm4sh since the patch, but it seems that Corrins copy ability is pretty good.

anas abou

Smash Journeyman
I wonder how good bayonetta and corrins copy abilities are. I haven't played sm4sh since the patch, but it seems that Corrins copy ability is pretty good.
ive updated the list to include the dlc newcomers but it's still mostly speculative i need your feedback.

Harmonious

Smash Cadet
I'd put Corrin's as very useful/essential for the MU, since Corrin would otherwise completely outrange Kirby with nair, fair, side-B and F-Smash (which can be angled down, so ducking won't always work). Without this move, you're forced to approach (which is a horrible idea). The MU still goes in Corrin's favor, but at least Kirby has a better chance.

Bayonetta's is pretty useful, but not essential. The move certainly benefits Kirby more than it does Bayonetta, due to their heights. Bayonetta can still duck under it, though.

anas abou

Smash Journeyman
I'd put Corrin's as very useful/essential for the MU, since Corrin would otherwise completely outrange Kirby with nair, fair, side-B and F-Smash (which can be angled down, so ducking won't always work). Without this move, you're forced to approach (which is a horrible idea). The MU still goes in Corrin's favor, but at least Kirby has a better chance.

Bayonetta's is pretty useful, but not essential. The move certainly benefits Kirby more than it does Bayonetta, due to their heights. Bayonetta can still duck under it, though.
how would you think the OP should be changed in terms of the newcomers (higher/lower).

Harmonious

Smash Cadet
how would you think the OP should be changed in terms of the newcomers (higher/lower).
I'd put Corrin below Greninja in the same tier, but put Bayonetta down in D tier somewhere above Luigi.
That's just me, though. I'm just one man.

TimG57867

Smash Ace
S-TIER :4shulk::4olimar::4pacman::4samus::4greninja::4sheik::4miigun:
YOU MUST COPY THESE!!!! PERIOD. If you aren't trying to get these powers, you're playing the matchup wrong.
A-TIER :4pikachu::4megaman::4villager::4robinm::4rob::4lucario::4wiifit::4wario::4ryu::4corrin:
Get them if you can. They'll help a ton.
B-TIER :4mario::4drmario::4diddy::4duckhunt::4charizard::4bowser::4zss::4mewtwo::4bayonetta::4cloud:
You aren't screwed if you don't get them, but they can certainly help.
C-TIER :4falco::4gaw::4luigi::4dk::rosalina::4link::4marth::4lucina::4yoshi::4dedede:
These can come in handy, but they aren't game changers.
D-TIER :4tlink::4miibrawl::4bowserjr::4pit::4darkpit::4metaknight::4zelda::4miisword::4palutena::4fox:
It doesn't hurt to have them, but they really don't help too much more than Inhale.
E-TIER :4sonic::4feroy::4myfriends::4peach::4jigglypuff:
These aren't anything special. They have their use, but they're either not practical,
or worse than Inhale in the given matchup. I wouldn't go out of my way for these.
F-TIER :4ganondorf::4falcon::4littlemac::4lucas::4ness::4kirby:
Don't waste your time. Unless you like cherrytapping. lol

Just redid my tier list. Mostly focused on reworking A and B tier and incorporating DLC characters.

Last edited:

breadstick24

Smash Rookie
Bayo's isn't essential but it straight up changes the entire matchup. It changes into Kirby running and gunning forcing Bayonetta to appraoch, instead of whatever nightmare the match is without. (if only we could steal witch time). Corrin's is game changing. Dragon kirby is a beast. Cpt. Falcon should be inhaled purely for aesthetics and disrespect. Awgu PAAWN!

Arrei

Smash Lord
So why is Falco's laser considered so low? He may have a reflector and you don't, but that thing's pretty great at causing mistakes by suddenly interrupting moves, and also can stuff his horizontal recovery, forcing him to go vertically and setting him up for Dair kills.

breadstick24

Smash Rookie
Robin isn't S tier you have failed already.
I'd say robin isn't S tier because it's temporary. It's a good ability but A it doesn't really compliment kirby's moveset that great and B it it makes the game more long ranged when kirby beats robin head to head. The fact that it runs out makes it even more underwhelming. Arcthunder is awesome for kirby, leads to Diar and thus all sorts of combos but when you can only get a few shots off. Good, not S-tier

TimG57867

Smash Ace
So why is Falco's laser considered so low? He may have a reflector and you don't, but that thing's pretty great at causing mistakes by suddenly interrupting moves, and also can stuff his horizontal recovery, forcing him to go vertically and setting him up for Dair kills.
You actually make quite a good argument there. While I am sure spamming it from a distance would get it reflected, using to stop an approach or intercept a Phatasm would probably be very effective. One thing I do struggle with is catching the side B. Perhaps I should look into more. Not sure about OP but I am moving it up on my list.

Mizzy Moe

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3883-6486-6414
I personally think :4marth: ability is pretty useful i have hit fthrow-shield breaker for a tipper kill multiple times though sometimes you may have to add a hop in there. i dont think its true but a very nice kill combo against marth if you can get it since its pretty much always a tipper. i think it works at either 60 or 80 with rage i dont remember the exact percents though but no one was talking about it. also how is :4yoshi: so good am i missing something?

Top Bottom