• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The fairy bottle glitch

mochiasta

Smash Rookie
NNID
animicousD
3DS FC
4012-3962-2742
Today, about 1 hour ago, i encountered quite the interesting bit while playing a 4 way smash with myself and 3 lvl 9 cpus. I rarely play items on but thought "why not". A fairy bottle appeared and nobody could use it so it was just getting thrown around until I (link) caught it. Once i threw it again it went a few pixels away and stopped in mid air. i could grab it and throw it again but the same thing would happen over and over until it was used. While it sat in the air, anyone who walked into it received damage and slight knockback (like from a punch by villager). Has anyone else sen this?

Raijinken

Smash Master
Best thing to do if you are below threshold and enemies aren't is to just chuck it off the cliff. Not a glitch at all, but an interesting (and kinda unintuitive compared to the past healing items) item function nonetheless.

KaZe_DaRKWIND

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5043-2124-2144
Best thing to do if you are below threshold and enemies aren't is to just chuck it off the cliff. Not a glitch at all, but an interesting (and kinda unintuitive compared to the past healing items) item function nonetheless.
It stopped in mid air and did damage to anyone who touched it. He's not referring to the 100% thing.

JamietheAuraUser

Smash Lord
There was a glitch like this in Melee, most often known as the Turnip Glitch or Frozen Turnip Glitch because it was first discovered using Peach's Turnip Pull, but I've heard it works with any throwable item.

Top Bottom