• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pacific West The Fair #1

The Fair #1
Posted by Senor Mexicano
Room 210 at Monrovia High School
Saturday, December 3, 2016 - 01:00 PM
Until: Saturday, December 3, 2016 - 09:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/Los_Angeles)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/Los_Angeles

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Senor Mexicano

Smash Cadet
NNID
Pokebub123
3DS FC
3909-7903-4188
We are glad to present to you Monrovia High School's First Smash Bros Tournament! We will be hosting both Smash 4 and Melee. This monthly will feature High School Only Singles, Doubles, and Crew Battles between Monrovia High School and any other High Schools that want to compete. Class of 2016, and middle school students are still welcome to compete in bracket as well. The venue will be in Room 210 on the Monrovia High School Campus. It is located right on S Madison Ave next to a teacher parking lot. There will be signs!

Schedule
The tournament will be held at Monrovia High School on December 3rd, 2016.
Venue Opens/Registration begins: 1:00pm
Smash 4 Doubles: 1:30pm
Melee Doubles: 2:00pm
Smash 4 Singles: 3:30pm
Melee Singles: 4:00pm
Smash 4/ Melee Crew Battle (Monrovia HS vs ???): TBA
Amiibo Raffles: 6:00pm
Venue Closes 9:00pm

Fees
There will be a venue fee of $5* as well as a fee of $5 for entering Singles and/or Doubles for any game.
*Bring a complete setup for any game and your venue fee will be $1. A full Melee setup includes all tournament legal stages and all characters unlocked while a complete Smash Wii U setup includes all tournament legal stages (including DLC), all characters (including DLC), and a GameCube adapter.

Ruleset
The ruleset will be based upon the High School Smash ruleset.
TOURNAMENT FORMAT:
  • Smash 4 Doubles - Double Elimination Bracket
  • Smash 4 Singles - Double Elimination Bracket Pools, Top 4 of Each Pool Make it Out into a Top 16 Double Elimination Bracket
  • Melee Doubles - Double Elimination Bracket
  • Melee Singles - Double Elimination Bracket Pools, Top 4 of Each Pool Make it Out into a Top 16 Double Elimination Bracket
  • Best of 5 sets: Winner’s Semis, Loser's Quarters, Loser's Semis, Winner's Finals, Loser's Finals, Grand Finals
  • Brackets and Pools will be created based off what schools players attend
MELEE RULESET:
  • 4 Stocks
  • 8 Minute Time Limit
  • Items OFF
  • Friendly Fire ON (Doubles)
SMASH 4 WiiU RULESET:
  • 3 Stocks for Singles and Doubles
  • 7 Minute Time Limit (8 minutes for Doubles)
  • Items OFF
  • Customs OFF
  • Friendly Fire ON (Doubles)
STAGE STRIKING/SELECTION:
  • Players eliminate stages from the Starter/Neutral list until there is one stage remaining.
  • RPS to determine who strikes first.
  • Strike stages 1-2-1 for both Melee and Smash 4
  • After each game in a set, the winner can ban one stage (three stages in Smash 4), and the loser counterpicks one of the remaining stages.
  • Players must switch characters before choosing the stage if they want to, with the winner switching first
  • A player cannot pick a stage that they previously won on during the set, unless agreed to by both players
LEGAL STAGES

MELEE:
  • Starters: Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams (Singles Only), Final Destination, Battlefield, Dream Land, Pokemon Stadium (Doubles Only)
  • Counterpick: Pokemon Stadium. (Kongo Jungle 64 is BANNED in doubles.)
SMASH 4 Wii U:
  • Starters: Final Destination, Battlefield, Smashville, Town & City, Dreamland
  • Counterpicks: Duck Hunt, Lylat Cruise
  • Winner gets 1 ban
  • Stage strikes are 1-2-1
Prizes
Will be determined based on # of entrants 60-30-10 percent split.

Additional Info
We will be raffling three NIB amiibo at 6PM. Food is driving/semi-walking distance (two streets down from High School) feat. Starbucks, Chipotle, Smash Burger, Panera Bread, & more.
If you have any questions or concerns, please let me know. I hope to see you guys there.

AaronWiiU

Smash Cadet
NNID
AaronWiiU88
3DS FC
5301-3479-8116
Switch FC
SW-0473-8314-5037
If you go with more then one person, do they have to pay the $5 for everything as well? Ive also noticed your guys twitch channel and will it be on there by chance?

Last edited:

Senor Mexicano

Smash Cadet
NNID
Pokebub123
3DS FC
3909-7903-4188
How many people per crew does their need to be?
There needs to be exactly 5 people per crew.

If you go with more then one person, do they have to pay the $5 for everything as well? Ive also noticed your guys twitch channel and will it be on there by chance?
Yes, the other person will need to pay $5 for the venue fee and for every event they wish to enter. They don't have to pay the venue fee if they just come to watch.
As for streaming, the main Tournament Organizer has just informed me that we unfortunately wont have a streaming setup after all. rip :(

alnavas

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3454-1089-2332
Is this tournament exclusive to only high schoolers or are college students allowed as well and if so, are we qualified to participate in the crew battle?

AaronWiiU

Smash Cadet
NNID
AaronWiiU88
3DS FC
5301-3479-8116
Switch FC
SW-0473-8314-5037
There needs to be exactly 5 people per crew.

Yes, the other person will need to pay $5 for the venue fee and for every event they wish to enter. They don't have to pay the venue fee if they just come to watch.
As for streaming, the main Tournament Organizer has just informed me that we unfortunately wont have a streaming setup after all. rip :(
Hmm, ok thank you
I also have another question, Is it all ages and nothing specific? also are omega stages legal at all or do they go with FD or just not a thing at all? AND will there be Gamecube adapter already there, Id assume so but just making sure.

Last edited:

Senor Mexicano

Smash Cadet
NNID
Pokebub123
3DS FC
3909-7903-4188
Is this tournament exclusive to only high schoolers or are college students allowed as well and if so, are we qualified to participate in the crew battle?
This tournament is exclusively for high schoolers, middle schoolers, and Class of 2016 HS graduates.

Hmm, ok thank you
I also have another question, Is it all ages and nothing specific? also are omega stages legal at all or do they go with FD or just not a thing at all? AND will there be Gamecube adapter already there, Id assume so but just making sure.
This tournament is exclusively for high schoolers, middle schoolers, and Class of 2016 HS graduates.

To answer your other questions, Omega Stages aren't legal and yes, our setups will have GameCube adapters already. Additionally, anyone who wishes to bring a setup must bring along a GameCube adapter in order to be considered complete and valid for the venue discount.

AaronWiiU

Smash Cadet
NNID
AaronWiiU88
3DS FC
5301-3479-8116
Switch FC
SW-0473-8314-5037

To answer your other questions, Omega Stages aren't legal and yes, our setups will have GameCube adapters already. Additionally, anyone who wishes to bring a setup must bring along a GameCube adapter in order to be considered complete and valid for the venue discount.
Ok, thanks you a lot! Just one final question, does it matter what school you go to just as long as your a middle school or high school student? Sorry for the load of questions i just wanna make sure Im in the clear.

SamuraiSolo

Smash Rookie
I live in south gate and ive been wanting to go to a tournament somewhere in LA and so does my friend, does this mean its not an open play for everyone wanting to join?

Senor Mexicano

Smash Cadet
NNID
Pokebub123
3DS FC
3909-7903-4188
Ok, thanks you a lot! Just one final question, does it matter what school you go to just as long as your a middle school or high school student? Sorry for the load of questions i just wanna make sure Im in the clear.
No, it doesn't matter what school you're from just as long as you fall under the criteria of HS student, MS student, or Class of 2016 HS graduate. Don't worry, I actually asked the same question to another tournament organizer hosting a High/Middle school tournament. :kirby:

I live in south gate and ive been wanting to go to a tournament somewhere in LA and so does my friend, does this mean its not an open play for everyone wanting to join?
This tournament is exclusively for High School students, Middle School students, and Class of 2016 High School graduates. If you and/or your friend aren't any of these, I'd recommend checking out the SoCal Smash 4 Community and SoCal Melee Community on Facebook. They both have a huge active community and tons of tournaments to check out.

Gravity_man

Smash Rookie
Can you be able to participate if your a high school student, but not from the city but same state?

Senor Mexicano

Smash Cadet
NNID
Pokebub123
3DS FC
3909-7903-4188
Can you be able to participate if your a high school student, but not from the city but same state?
Of course! Anyone can enter as long as they are either a High School student, Middle School student, or a 2016 High School graduate.

Top Bottom