• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

THe easiest way to D-tilt spike?

Sharkz

Smash Ace
NNID
Sharkz1
I've been having the hardest time d-tilt spiking, and the only time I've ever been able to pull it off is when I'm in practice mode. It seems most people here can pull it off pretty frequently, so I'm asking is there a certain easier way to pull off a d-tilt than just getting lucky where you are? It's all about where Pit is on the edge and it seems I'm anywhere but there. Can anyone give me any tips for dtilt spiking?

rinoH

Smash Lord
uhh for me i just go to the edge and keep on using dtilt and hope it spikes but for character that dont have a up b that sweetspots then you should use it when the sword would be in the middle of the other character

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
Sorry i held out but atm im on wii internet and cant link you. But i made a list of the 23 chars in the game that can be spiked while holding the ledge, on AIB.

Easiest way is to make people jump off the ledge. If they ledge attack shield and forward smash so they know they cant, make them jump and spike, ill link or transfer the list later

Salty123

Smash Apprentice
you have to wait until their head is just above (and i mean just barely above) where your blade is going to hit and their body has to be relatively close to where pits hand meets the blade

arm

Smash Apprentice
Know whats really satisfying... Spiking an MK out of his up-b. Pure bliss as you watch the liitle monster plummet to his doom.

arm

Smash Apprentice
And 18 tons of luck. Id upload the vid, but I have a horrible Pit (by comparison to these boards), and Im a little embarrassed. Oh, and horrid with computers.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
here is the link for rogue because he said he is going to have trouble getting it up for a bit. http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=190021<br%20/>

Top Bottom