• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Duck Hunt "I was so wrong!!!!" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Ha ha ha, I was expecting this thread to come up from you.

Anyhow, I personally have always remained neutral on the subject. Though I doubt I will main him, as he just does not look like mine kind of character, in terms of playstyle, the Duck Hunt Dog does look pretty interesting. It's nice to see some retro representation.

Oh, and I hope this is one of his taunts:

Last edited:

Raiden mk-II

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4313-2377-1601
and I hope this is one of his taunts:
It's one of his taunts and one of his victory animations. It only lacks the 8-bit laugh sound, replaced with a raspy laugh similar to Muttley (at least in the Japanese version).

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
I was wrong about him... I think the design choice of him is beyond epic and Mother of god in my eyes.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Updated the OP with a Tumblr pic of someone being proved wrong!!!!

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
EDIT: I forgot this little gem: "but he doesn't fit Sakurai's criteria!" yeah @SmashChu remember that one, huh? :troll:
It's pretty amazing, the entire time I've been on this board basically every one of SmashChu's posts about anything where he's the only unbiased logical one ends up with him being wrong. This is the guy who wants to get into economics.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
It's pretty amazing, the entire time I've been on this board basically every one of SmashChu's posts about anything where he's the only unbiased logical one ends up with him being wrong. This is the guy who wants to get into economics.
Funny how he still hasn't come here to admit he was wrong about DHD or apologize for bashing my opinions on DHD... this is the same guy who said DHD will never get in all while supporting Sheriff and Karate Joe... and where are they now? Exactly. :smirk:

Oh, and other notable detractors such as Johnknight1, Soul Blazer (aka Habanero or Xenoblaze), Oasis_S, and ToiseOf Choice still haven't come here to admit they were wrong about DHD. I guess they are all too proud. :awesome:

Karma is a female Duck Hunt Dog.

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I had always joked how awesome it would be to see the Duck Hunt Dog in. I never thought it would actually happen. Especially before Ridley.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Updated the OP with this little gem. :troll:

Oh, and this one too! :smirk:

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I thought he was unlikely...
But he turned out just as unique as I predicted :chuckle:
Hey! Same here... I knew it was a long shot... but I am so happy to see Nintendo's underdog become the top dog!

Luigi580

Smash Apprentice
Updated the OP with this little gem. :troll:

Oh, and this one too! :smirk:

When were these posted? If it was within the last 5 days, then I question who the stupid people are.
On topic, I never really thought about it, but when I saw the leak with the Dog and Duck team up, I was completely open to how he would work, and I wasn't disappointed.
So I'm not really apologizing for being wrong, but for not considering the possibility.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I found it on the "laugh at the Miiverse posts" thread.

Raiden mk-II

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4313-2377-1601
Funny how he still hasn't come here to admit he was wrong about DHD or apologize for bashing my opinions on DHD... this is the same guy who said DHD will never get in all while supporting Sheriff and Karate Joe... and where are they now? Exactly. :smirk:

Oh, and other notable detractors such as Johnknight1, Soul Blazer (aka Habanero or Xenoblaze), Oasis_S, and ToiseOf Choice still haven't come here to admit they were wrong about DHD. I guess they are all too proud. :awesome:

Karma is a female Duck Hunt Dog.
Some people will never admit that they are wrong, even in the face of overwhelming tangible proof in front of their face. They are too proud, as you said. Like this guy:

I firmly believe that I was correct and the developers of this game are wrong. Duck Hunt Dog deserves nothing!

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Huh! What's up now?! I was right! Duck Hunt Dog deserves this thread more than the newcomers and you know it!
Oh, I don't know about that. I think you could make a compelling argument that Robin was the newcomer most deserving of a thread like this.

Although I think Duck Hunt does fully deserve it as well.

Last edited:

Cloudy

Smash Apprentice
A few months ago I thought about him being on Sm4sh... and it happened! I'm so happy!

Also, he is cute as hell, I love dogs and I know who my new main is going to be (Now that IC were cut, Olimar only has 3 color organized pikmin and a RH rep didn't make it)!

Last edited:

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
I was wrong ; DH seems really fun to play as. I didn't really support him, because I didn't really recognize him ( you know, how not many people recognized Villager iirc, or no one recognized WFT, it was kinda like that), and the fact that I've never played Duck Hunt.
Now, he's competing with Pac-Man, who's 4th on my to-main list. DH'll probably beat out Pac-Man, becoming my main right after Villager, who's 3rd. DHD and the duck are just so adorkable together, it's just "awww"

and the backstory comic that another user posted was so cute and sad as well. My order of mains wil probably be...

Kirby
Peach
Villager
DH

and DH being up there is really good, considering I never really supported him. I haven't even seen gameplay of him, but I know I'll main him :3

also, the reddit user backpedaling image link is broken </3

shapular

Smash Ace
I thought he'd never be in. I was so wrong.

Then when we found out he was in the game, I thought he'd be stupid. I was so wrong. Actually, a few days after he was revealed I thought about it a little and decided he would probably end up my main just because I didn't think he would. After all, if you told me Mr. Game & Watch would be in Melee before it came out (and explained to me who he was), I probably would've thought it was ridiculous. When I finally saw him in the first Japanese streams, he became one of my favorite newcomers.

Fogs

Smash Cadet
I was wrong. Didn't expect them to be in at all. I can't say I'm exactly happy with their inclusion. Don't get me wrong, I reaaallyy like them as a character, and am most certainly using them, but I'd much prefer getting every veteran back over any newcomer, heh. Still, they're a great character. Congrats to those that were hoping for them!

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I was wrong. Didn't expect them to be in at all. I can't say I'm exactly happy with their inclusion. Don't get me wrong, I reaaallyy like them as a character, and am most certainly using them, but I'd much prefer getting every veteran back over any newcomer, heh. Still, they're a great character. Congrats to those that were hoping for them!
Yeah, well... DHD will be a veteran in SSB5 so you're pretty much forced to prefer DHD returning over getting a newcomer. :troll:

Fogs

Smash Cadet
Yeah, well... DHD will be a veteran in SSB5 so you're pretty much forced to prefer DHD returning over getting a newcomer. :troll:
That's true! I'm a proud DHD supporter now, just as I support the inclusion of every other veteran, haha. Even though I hated R.O.B's inclusion in Brawl over melee veterans, I found myself hoping he'd come back. But I actually like DHD, so they're not really comparable to R.O.B... more like Dark Pit.

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
OMG... I love ROB and his meteor smashes (aerial side and aerial down)...

I cannot believe that I finally got all of my most wanted Nintendo retro newcomers in SSB4... Kid Icarus Pit, Little Mac and Duck Hunt Dog Duo. :awesome: I wanted them in Brawl but I only got Pit. Those three were the only retro Nintendo characters I was rooting for since Melee.

D

Deleted member

I'll admit... I was not happy to find out he was in the game. But, you gotta realize I was sort of in an "Isaac or Bust" mentality.

But, now that I own the game... I absolutely love the dog & think it's a top-tier fighter. And, when I get bored, I use Dark Pit (a character I will NEVER forgive) as target practice.

However, I hope this thread won't have any more "rubbing it in" kind of posts. You don't necessarily want to do that unless it's aimed at certain users who caused griefing in the speculation boards.

OnePeg

Smash Rookie
NNID
One-Peg
3DS FC
4682-9026-8782
When I read over the Ninka/Vaanrose leak a month before ESRB, my exact thoughts were "That's so stupid. I mean I don't care much for him, but this just seems like the dumbest thing I've ever heard. DHD looks so...UGLY in the original game, too- he'd never look good in Smash. Watch this end up being true."
ESRB rolls around and I eat every single word. His model in the CSS, to me, looked too professional and nostalgically beautiful to be fake. Duck Hunt singlehandedly made me a believer of the ESRB leak, and now I main them.

Stormin' Mormon

Smash Apprentice
I saw Duck Hunt for the first time today. My reaction was the manliest high pitched "NO F*CKING WAY" squeal.

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
When he was leaked I though he was a ******** idea. I was totally wrong, using the Dog is so much fun. The can is great, the frisbee is great, and the bandidos are funny. The laugh is easily the most taunting taunt ever created after Peach's LALALALALA dance. It fits perfect and is a trademark of the Dog. Also, he is like the BanjoKazooie we'll never get.

Last edited:

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Now that I've gotten used to the idea of Duck Hunt being in the game... I kind of like it. Maybe it's Ivysaur carryover with the quadrapedal thing. I dunno. But I like playing as Duck Hunt. Not in my top 3 but somewhere up there.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I was wrong.
I was so wrong.
I was extremely wrong.
I found my new main.

DunnoBro

The Free-est
NNID
DunnoBro
Duck Hunt was what got my sisters into gaming. I'm hoping he can get them back into it. (Though they seem more interested in Little Mac and Ike...)

Gravitational23

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gravitational23
Well I'm kinda late for this thread but here's my story.

The first time I saw the :4duckhunt: for smash thread I laughed at it duck hunt dog could never work so I never went back to the thread but when he was confirmed by the leaks I was shocked.
As soon as I got smash for 3ds I went to unlocked him and omg he is so fun to play with I love this character.Now he is my main.

I was 100% wrong about :4duckhunt:

Magikarpow

Smash Journeyman
Went to check how many copies of Duck Hunt sold back in the NES days.

28 Million

In comparison the entire Metroid series has only amassed 17 million sales.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom