• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Dream Roster Guessing Contest is Back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fortanono

Smash Ace
Okay, so, my last one was a huge flop, so I'm starting over fresh! Here are the rules:

Basic Rules

We will have 12 contestants, who submit dream rosters to someone who signs up as a "librarian". NOT ME!!! I am playing! Then, on each round one of the contestants becomes a judge, and has everyone else guess their dream rosters. The maximum number of slots is 50, and all confirmed characters must be there. After the round is over, the librarian shows the judge's dream roster, and uses a points system that I will explain here.

The Points System
  • While making your dream roster, use the colored borders feature of the Roster Maker. Each newcomer will have a rank. Important characters have a yellow border on the roster maker, semi-important characters have a green border, and non-important ones have a red border, while all Brawl veterans are blue.
  • Guessing an important newcomer is worth 4 points.
  • Guessing a semi-important newcomer is worth 2 points.
  • Guessing a non-important newcomer is worth 1 point.
  • Missing an important newcomer deducts 2 points.
  • Missing a semi-important newcomer deducts 1 point.
Bonus Points

If there are any characters or cuts you hate, you can take away up to 4 points for every character you hate. And if there are any characters you like but didn't think of, you can add up to 4 points for every character you like. In addition, if a newcomer was there but was extremely hard to guess, you can give that person their points back.

Hints

In addition, you can give hints at the beginning of the round. The hints can be anything, from a cryptic and creative poem, to a scavenger hunt, to just a basic list of hints. Don't make the hints give away stuff, make them cryptic (You don't have to, though, it's just for fun). Also, if the librarian catches you making fake hints, then you will be disqualified and we will get another contestant in your place.

The Outcome

Everyone keeps their points after the round for a total score. Whoever has the most points at the end wins. There are no eliminations in this game.

Tagging the Ruins of the Last Contest

@ TCT~Phantom TCT~Phantom
@ LoneKonWolf LoneKonWolf
@SuperBrawler
@ Mega Bidoof Mega Bidoof
@Tepig2000
@PixelPasta
@ josh bones josh bones

People Involved

Librarian: TCT~Phantom
Contestants:
  1. Fortanono*
  2. Chase*
  3. lonekonwolf
  4. FireEmblemnier*
  5. KingShadow*
  6. BindingBlade
  7. Mega Bidoof
  8. Louie G.
  9. El Fonz0
  10. Spears in Smash Bros.
  11. josh bones
  12. HeroG
  13. TORNADO BUS DRIVER

Last edited:

Chase

Smash Ace
I wish to participate, but how do I submit the roster? Through PM?

Fortanono

Smash Ace
I'm kinda confused, so I must sadly decline.
Okay. Let me try to explain it.
  • First, you PM your dream roster to TCT~Phantom. Be sure to put all your newcomers and cut Melee veterans in colors other than blue and all the Brawl veterans in blue. The max number of slots is 50.
  • You arrange the newcomers by how much you want them. The ones you REALLY want are in yellow, the ones you kinda want are in green, and the ones you want but not that much are in red.
  • In rounds where you're not judge, you guess the other person's dream rosters. You don't have to color-code the newcomers here.
  • In the round that you ARE judge in, people try to guess your dream roster! Once everyone has submitted their guess, TCT~Phantom will reveal your roster and then all rosters will be graded with the points system in the OP.
  • The person with the least points gets eliminated.
I'll join, I need a roster game to be a part of.
Added!

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
One question, while making my roster. Is the roster supposed to have confirmed characters from SSB4 in it, or am I allowed to remove characters that were already confirmed?

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Nevermind just reviewed the rules, will make sure to have Confirmed characters.

edit: Ninja'd

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
I gave my roster to the librarian
that's kinda confirmed for everyone mate. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Yeah, if you don't have Mewtwo, you're most likely going to lose points, sadly. I was thinking about not having for the originality, but decided to keep him, so I don't risk point reduction.

Fortanono

Smash Ace
I gave my roster to the librarian

Yeah, if you don't have Mewtwo, you're most likely going to lose points, sadly. I was thinking about not having for the originality, but decided to keep him, so I don't risk point reduction.
Dude, we're trying to guess each other's dream rosters, not Sakurai's. Sorry, I had that problem explaining that the first time.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Dude, we're trying to guess each other's dream rosters, not Sakurai's. Sorry, I had that problem explaining that the first time.
I know it's a dream roster, but you can lose points for characters hated because they were cut, and Mewtwo is universal must have on Rosters here on Smashboards.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I know it's a dream roster, but you can lose points for characters hated because they were cut, and Mewtwo is universal must have on Rosters here on Smashboards.
No, someone else would be guessing your roster.
So having Mewtwo would lead them of track and you would get MORE points.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
I feel like you should put a * next to the names of the users who have turned in their roster on the OP. So we know when we have everyone's roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom