• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Down Throw WD chaingrab...

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
I was practicing against a level 1 Marth (no people to fight) on FD and I remembered SDSG's combo video where he uthrow chaingrabbed Fox, and used WD to grab him again. So I decided to try it with dthrow. I would dthrow, WD back, and grab again. I chaingrabbed him from one side of FD to the other, then backthrew him and edgeguarded.

It seems to be a valid chainthrow but I can't help but think it's not so easy against humans. What I'm wondering is, how well does this chainthrow work on human players? And what characters are vulnerable to this chainthrow? (I know that different characters have different percentage ranges at which they can be CG'd.) It seems like it doesn't work well against Fox and Falco...it seems to work best on Marth though. I haven't tried it against all characters yet. I'm not sure if a human can jump after the dthrow, or DI out of range. It doesn't seem like it though.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
I haven't tried that yet...that could work too. But WD grabbing is so much cooler lol

*On a side note, I decided I'm gonna stop posting in that annoying font >_>*

Lixivium

Smash Champion
Is it just me, or does anyone else find it easier to grab people with dash -> JC grab than with WD -> grab? It seems like the grab "hitbox" is a lot bigger for the JC grab than with the WD grab.

Spoon Man

Smash Apprentice
Is it just me, or does anyone else find it easier to grab people with dash -> JC grab than with WD -> grab? It seems like the grab "hitbox" is a lot bigger for the JC grab than with the WD grab.
I'm not sure about other people, but when I WD --> grab I wind up overshooting and missing as opposed to JC grabbing.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
Well I always change the distance of the WD accordingly, or just time the WD so I can grab them. I don't have much trouble with that. I actually have more trouble with JC grabs >_>

Jekyll

Smash Ace
I hardly ever do a pure WD grab. I always dash(or DD if I WD past them) from the WD and do a JC grab. It's just as fast, and easier to control.

takieddine

Smash Master
WD into grab is good when used with shield wavedashing(***** marth's fsmash)

other than that...for any kind of chaintrow the JC grab is your best bet.

Top Bottom