• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The DK Matchup

Smur

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4141-3292-3562
Supposedly in our favor..but I dunno
There's a DK in my area and we're both pretty good at the game, if anything he's slightly better, but his DK just wrecks my DDD on certain stages. It's a little more manageable the bigger the stage is, but he just makes my D3 feel so slow.

How is the matchup in my favor? Are there certain moves DK can't handle? How do I edge guard DK when he's hovering below the sweet spot?

Edit: I know, there's a discussion for this. But the last post (excluding today) was on Apr 11th...

Last edited:

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
we'll see how this MU pans out when I play strong bad in tournament this saturday

Wade Benedict

Smash Rookie
I think that the DK matchup is way in our favor. DK is pretty easy for me to deal with when he's off the stage. So getting DK off the stage is usually my main priority when I fight him, but DK has a great grab, though it's not as great as DDD's. If DK is below the stage trying to sweet spot the ledge, just short hop right above the ledge and do a Down Aerial. This should hopefully get him as he's getting at the ledge and should pop him up into the air in front of you so that you may combo it into a Forward Air.

Smur

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4141-3292-3562
He's not directly below the ledge to where I can D-air. F-air doesn't cover it, F-tilt doesn't cover it, downward waddle throws are knocked away by the hit-boxes. What else can I do? If I go out there his Up-B ends up hitting me somehow, or he's already made it back by the time I get to where I would've needed to be to hit him.

Last edited:

Wade Benedict

Smash Rookie
Whether he is directly below the ledge or on his way to it, you can short hop and Down Aerial right on top of it and he'll be hit by it if you time it right. You could also jump out more and Down Aerial him from above as well if you don't want to risk him getting to the ledge before you can hit him.

Top Bottom