• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Director's Crazy 5/21 Character Predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Director

Smash Lord
With a little over 24 hours left to go until the Brawl world avalanches, I'd like to pass the time by coming up with crazy predictions.

Hopefull predictions, yes. But there will be a realistic arguement behind every one of the choices I've made.

First off, let me state...

I don't think that we're going to see any unlockable characters tomorrow!

Yes, unfortunately I believe that we're going to be given only the starting lineup for Brawl. Why? Well, let's just say that E3 is less than 2 months away. ;)

Ahem! But that leaves us with who we're going to see tomorrow. Part of this theory is that in total there will be a character total in the upper forties. With that being said, getting only the starting lineup is a realistic golden package. The starting lineup will contain many more characters than Melee, giving us a number somewhere in the low twenties...then the rest will be unlockable.

So who are the headliners tomorrow? Well, we already know these guys are going to show up:

Mario
Link
Pikachu
Kirby
Metaknight
Samus (Zero Suit Samus)
Wario
Pit
Snake...Snake?! SNAKE?!! (ahem)
Oh, and Fox. So yeah. The 11 characters we've seen in action thus far.

And this brings me to my favorite part, returning characters from Melee! Doesn't sound so exciting, right? We've already seen these guys before, so they're old news huh? No way! The Brawl builds of returning characters from Melee make us all cream our pants, and secretly we live our lives knowing this. So let's get to it!

DK (which is why the returning character aspect is my favorite part)
Yoshi
Capt. Falcon
Ness
Bowser
Peach
Ganondorf
Zelda (Sheik)
Falco
Marth

Whew! You kids still counting? That makes a total of 21 characters that we're going to see tomorrow so far.

But not onto the newcomers just yet...let's explore the above names. DK? Obvious choice for next in line. Same goes with Yoshi, Ness and Capt. Falcon the remaining original Smash Bros. Bowser and Peach were starters in Melee, so it wouldn't make sense to turn them into unlockables now. Same goes for Zelda. But Ganondorf? I think that as Bowser was in Melee, Ganondorf will be in Brawl. And for Falco and Marth, I firmly believe that they have weaved themselves into the walls of Smash so tightly that they will no longer need unlocking.

(I really want to say Luigi and Jigglypuff will be in the starting lineup, but I just can't! They're going to make them unlockable again! :dizzy: )

Okay kids, settle down. We've got room for some newcomers, but just a couple for now! So who are they going to be? Here they are, my crazy predictions!

Diddy Kong
King DeDeDe
Krystal
Captain Olimar

Diddy Kong is next in line from the DK series, which can be considered the third 'home' franchise in line behind Mario and Zelda. (although many now would consider that Pokemon) King DeDeDe is Sakurai's babies, so thank God for nepotism! Originally I thought Krystal should be an unlockable, but I think that right will go to Wolf, and probably anonther unexpected Star Fox character down the line...and Captain Olimar should have been in Mlelee dammit, I'm sorry!

Four new characters may not seem like much, but right now that alone would blow all our minds to the back of the classroom. The only thing to do now is sit back and wait.

...and speculate some more. You can never have enough of that.

Zeela12

Smash Ace
sigh... as if the other 20 threds about this arent enough... T_T

ZOMG LEIK HOW ABOUT ADDING TERIS BLOCK?!

I'm kidding by the way.

you should add more Fire emblem charaters, and take out diddy kong. and add more pokemon beacuase people like pokemonggz. -.-

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
How about, instead of contemplating what's going to happen TOMORROW and waste forum space, we simply WAIT FOR TOMORROW and discuss what is ACTUALLY REVEALED?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom