• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The demo for Smash Ultimate will be playable at certain Best Buy stores throughout September

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Damn. Smash 4 came to Oregon near me.

I'm not driving all the way to Seattle to play a demo for two matches.

chaostails7

Smash Cadet
Thanks a lot for posting! Massive wait and travel time... but trying Ultimate early.... hrmm...

TheTrueBrawler

Smash Demon
When it comes to driving, I only have my learners permit, so going all the way out to New York for me is illegal unless my parents drive. Even if I could, I wouldn't because going out for two or three games wouldn't be worth the three hour trip there and three hour trip back.

I think I'll choose to watch YouTube videos of others playing the demo from the comfort of my bed.

Last edited:

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
No Boston locations. Oh well, it's not like I was planning on going outside anyway.

Enchess

Smash Lord
On the one had it's an hour and a half drive for me to get to the nearest one. On the other, it is Smash and I don't have other plans..

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
Man, if I was willing to drive like 8 hours, I could go in any direction and play! Denver, Minneapolis, Chicago, and Dallas! I'm actually just about right in the exact middle point between all of them... and just about as far from the Smash Ultimate demo as possible. Too bad. The Smash Wii U demo actually did come to Kansas City, and it was kinda cool getting to play Mushroom Kingdom U before they ruined the stage with Nabbit and Greninja before they started nerfing him though items were on which did severely limit the fun and we had to play with pro controllers which was pretty bad. I took literally seven pages of notes and posted them on Smashboards and recorded several matches for youtube so there was all that fun; all around it was totally worth going even if most of the time was spent waiting in line to play like 3 times or whatever. If your demos are like mine was, for those close enough to actually go, it will still be pretty cool but expect some of the same sorts of limitations I faced; it won't be anything near as great as it will be come December 7 when you can play the full game without limits.

hposter

Smash Apprentice
luckily the nearest location to me isn't far away, but only in my worst nightmare would i be able to imagine what the lines would be like
i feel bad for you guys who would have to travel super far to play the game :urg:

FieryRebirth

Smash Ace
NNID
Rara-Avis
Switch FC
7032-4095-8921
Hm, the link is broken here. Did they remove the page?

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Hm, the link is broken here. Did they remove the page?
They must have.

Regardless, Nintendo seems to release games in the same cities. Usually.
I'm gonna guess theres a demo in Miami, though Smash for Wii U did come to a Best Buy in Fort Lauderdale.
I remember I preordered my game, and never received my golden smash coin! Anger.

Top Bottom