• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

the DeFRaG appreciation thread

Frames

DI
ok so quake 3 has this mod called defrag its too pro

if u dont know wat it is watch this video

<embed id="VideoPlayback" src="http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docid=-1425586177187773564&hl=en&fs=true" style="width:400px;height:326px" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> </embed>

its pretty awesome anybody play it???

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
somewhat off-topic but did you ever play quake 2 Frames? Probably the only game I've spent more of my time on than melee.

Frames

DI
ya i tried q2 but q3 ***** sry

also doooooo it people lets set up a server to play games let me make a thread about this

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
i've only watched part of the vid, but it really just reminds me of TFC back when it had uncapped bhop (read: before steam came into existence).

I mean it looks kool and all, dont get me wrong.

*watches more*
Love this editing though.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
or maybe if i havent played tfc.

That's all this seriously look like, just with the q3 engine. Im obviously not talking about scrub *** pubbing tfc.

Frames

DI
well the thing is defrag is a mod to the game and the concept is basically like freerunning where you travel through stages in the fastest time and the shortest route its like mirrors edge on crack

its actually really complex because there are several different jumping styles for different situations like

single beat strafe jumping (w/ airchange)
double beat strafe jumping
half beat strafe jumping
inverted strafe jumping
circle jumping

then different physics aspects like

vertical overbounce
horizontal overbounce
sticky overbounce
diagonal overbounce
zero-ups diagonal overbounce
slippery diagonal overbounce

etc etc

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
ya i tried q2 but q3 ***** sry

also doooooo it people lets set up a server to play games let me make a thread about this
Wow that surprises me, q2 is to q3 how melee is to brawl imo, its sooo much faster than q2 and rockets are slower which makes being good with rl a real challenge/skill (uber mindgamez). Strafe jumping in q2 is kinda similar to wavedashing imo except it is easier to use effectively and virtually necessary to win at a high level. KK I won't steal your thread I'm just a q2 fanatic at heart. : >

Top Bottom