• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Definitive Lloyd Irving Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

smash puffle

Smash Ace
I support Lloyd. I remember playing as him WAY back in 2007 in Super Smash Flash and later on in the earliest Smash Flash 2 demos back then. He was pretty cool to play as.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
What best represents Tales or what best represents Symphonia because the tower definitely does the latter? As for the series as a whole, though, I haven't the slightest idea what could do that, given the different setting of each game.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Considering that most of third parties stages are the 1st level of their games. Lloyd's stage would be likely be the Martel Temple

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
What best represents Tales or what best represents Symphonia because the tower definitely does the latter? As for the series as a whole, though, I haven't the slightest idea what could do that, given the different setting of each game.
I thin World Tree might fit to your bill, due how it's central on not only Symphonia's plot as a whole, but also Phantasia - since that game's set centuries after Symphonia's events, so I think that might work what you're looking for.

World Trees are also seen in the Radiant Mythology-games, which themselves are crossover titles within Tales Of-games, so that too.

Last edited:

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
Main reason I say Temple of Mana to represent the series as a whole is because afaik there's several of the of "top of structure" setpieces in Tales. For example, Choral Castle.

But World Tree wouldn't be bad either

Last edited:

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Always been more a fan of ToS' supporting cast than I have Lloyd himself, but I'd still be cool with him happening. Still kinda surprised he actually got a Mii costume.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
That's fair enough and exactly how I feel about Rex/Xenoblade Chronicles 2. I found Lloyd quite lovable, though, and was a big fan of his flashy moveset.
If we were to get someone else, I don't feel like Raine or Genis could really pull their weight alone and Kratos brings little to the table that Robin doesn't. Zelos has more personality than Kratos but couldn't do anything unique, either, without delving into spoiler territory.

That leaves us with Regal, Colette, Sheena and Presea as possibilities and I'm not particularly partial to the idea of Regal in Smash.
Colette, however, could be a lot of fun, with her boomerang weaponry, the slow global effect of Holy Song and her ability to, RNG-willing, pull items out of either a side special or dash attack. Plus, her angel powers are integral to the plot and she definitely has her own silly charm.
Sheena, I find less representative of the game than Colette but her summons are iconic to the series. Making her a pseudo-Pokemon Trainer for Celcius, Efreet and Sylph, say, would be an interesting way to impliment her with more relevance to the franchise as a whole.
Presea, IDK.
And I'd also like to see Mithos, considering his awesome powerset, but he might be too spoilery as well.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
FYI Lloyd Irving will be rated after Smash Run.

Of course not telling any of you to vote him high since that isn't fair. But of course remember that pros and cons of him possibly being included.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
It is Lloyd's day in the RTC, come show your support.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Not necessarily related to Lloyd, but this old Brawl mod I came across earlier of Sheena and Colette made me feel nostalgic, though should've had the Sheik template for Sheena instead of Zelda (because ninjas), but whatever.

Mii costume aside, the best I could find of Lloyd was in Super Smash Flash 2, having both swords respectively. Not bad I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom