• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The death of SSB Tournaments?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pyrotek7x7

Smash Ace
With online coming soon, I've come to realize that tournaments would be held through the internet. This may cause tournaments that people go to to lessen, or even completely die out. Brawl may destroy the social part of these tournaments, and that isn't good for gaming, or anybody else. :\

Thoughts on this subject?

Bolshoi

Smash Journeyman
Not really. If people still enjoy getting together for tournaments, they will. Unless they're just anti-social, then they won't go to tournaments anyways.

Sculelos

Smash Journeyman
Not really. If people still enjoy getting together for tournaments, they will. Unless they're just anti-social, then they won't go to tournaments anyways.
QFT, I would go to tounaments, but no one in my area holds them (wyoming).

This is fact..how?

Because a game has online capabilities doesn't mean that tournaments will be hosted often on the online server,and not to mention the online server will diffirentiate from the other online servers such as Halo or Counter Strike.Another thing is that there will be no leader boards.

Unless there is an online "tournament mode" Function,and you could wait for other players to randomly jump in,i don't know about all tournaments happening online.And another fact is that people could cheat with ease online,so having online tournaments often is very improbable.

~omega~

Smash Apprentice
Halo is online but it is still a huge tournament game outside of the internet, through mlg there are online tournaments as well as the tournaments in rl

Im sure the same thing will become of smash, there will without a doubt still be tournaments outside of the internet

CWolf20

Smash Journeyman
If anything, online will get MORE people to play in tournaments. Halo 2 being XBL compatible is the main reason 75% of all tournament players even play the game.

You forget one major thing: Lag. Online will have lag, and that is a given. There is no way around it. Live tournaments, on the other hand, will have none.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Search please, we've had topics on this before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom