• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

the Death of Character

Petey died literaly in flames and didn't turn back to trophy

The Koopa that was smashed by DK died and didn't turn back into a trophy.

And probably that Goomba he knocked away.

So far we got 2 certain, non-trophyfied deaths and 1 possible death. lol
I was talking about characters, not bosses.

They should show Game&watch then kill him off so he's not taking up space.
Yea, great idea. /sarcasm.

lookatthatbaconsizzle

Smash Journeyman
Petey died literaly in flames and didn't turn back to trophy

The Koopa that was smashed by DK died and didn't turn back into a trophy.

And probably that Goomba he knocked away.

So far we got 2 certain, non-trophyfied deaths and 1 possible death. lol
speaking of that koopa he squashed, did you see the koopa blood squirt from that thing when he hit it? It was definitely dead. (im serious about the blood thing, watch the video!)

UltimateN00b

Smash Cadet
@ lookatthatbaconsizzle: That was just mud.

@ Darkpaladin of Chaos: I think GreenKirby was just being sarcastic to prove a point. Nintendo characters obviously won't get killed off... Snake might though. lol

@ GreenKirby: LOL!

Tobi-

Smash Ace
No, It's possible for someone to die.

I bet mario will die, but somehow kirby uses the star rode to wish mario back alive again.

then..you'll have to fight..ZOMBIE MARIO

MOVES:
A: Zombie Smack
B: Zombie breath
Up A: Zombie head toss
Down A: Zombie Twist
Up B: TELEPORT
Down B: play-dead(like jigglypuff's sleep move)

AWESOME I KNOW.

maxieman

Smash Ace
No, It's possible for someone to die.

I bet mario will die, but somehow kirby uses the star rode to wish mario back alive again.

then..you'll have to fight..ZOMBIE MARIO

MOVES:
A: Zombie Smack
B: Zombie breath
Up A: Zombie head toss
Down A: Zombie Twist
Up B: TELEPORT
Down B: play-dead(like jigglypuff's sleep move)

AWESOME I KNOW.

>B: Thriller

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
I was talking about characters, not bosses.
Bosses are just character-y as everybody else. :O

And maybe one PC will make a cheesy, dramatic, yet heart warming sacrifice. The playable character count is already past 20, who to say character(s) won't do that?

@ Darkpaladin of Chaos: I think GreenKirby was just being sarcastic to prove a point. Nintendo characters obviously won't get killed off... Snake might though. lol
I was serious. And SOME Nintendo characters will get killed off. Again I point to Petey. (And probably Rayquaza as well)

Drobbins

Smash Rookie
hmm intersting thought, would be funny if they killed off pit so that everyone will stfu about a sequel :p

yea or they could put you in there so you could get killed off. and yes i am a strong pit supporter and do want a sequel cause i dont feel like wastin money on a points card and have never played a kid icarus....

Nabassu

Smash Rookie
Like others have said, I doubt any major character will die.

But if someone does, I would put my money on Meta Knight. He has all the trappings of a tragic hero plus he is rather ambiguous in his neutrality regarding the SSE. Writers just love to kill such characters off. I am guessing he will go in some grand sacrifice to give Mario, Kirby, and their crew a little more time to do their thing.

That is how I see it, but I also read too much classic literature and play too many RPGS.

maxieman

Smash Ace
Like others have said, I doubt any major character will die.

But if someone does, I would put my money on Meta Knight. He has all the trappings of a tragic hero plus he is rather ambiguous in his neutrality regarding the SSE. Writers just love to kill such characters off. I am guessing he will go in some grand sacrifice to give Mario, Kirby, and their crew a little more time to do their thing.

That is how I see it, but I also read too much classic literature and play too many RPGS.
You may have "RPG REDICULOPOTHY!"

cookie to whoever knows what that's from

and I mean a BIIIIG COOOOKIE

maxieman

Smash Ace
^ It's about **** time

I'm a sonic fan but better he die than be further shamed by shadow the hedgehog, Sonic and the secret rings, sonic the hedgehog 360 and releases to come

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
A character would die if it were a trophy and was smashed. Of course, the Dragon Balls could revive it so...

Deathparasol

Smash Journeyman
The question is, do you know where you are? HMMM?
Erm, I don't think they would DIE die...more like, you would take a certain path in which a particular character is no longer able to be a part of your team or something? For example, "death" may come in the form of that device Wario has that turns characters instantly into trophies; he would use that against someone and kidnap them, somehow the trophy is destroyed, and for the rest of the course of SSE they are unusable. Or something like that.

Basically I think that's the closest thing to death in SSE is choosing a branch of the story that makes a character unusable. Such as the first scenario while fighting Petey, where you lose the princess you don't save (not taking into account that perhaps you'll find them later on, although that's pretty likely). Or maybe the old scenario of someone staying behind in a hazardous situation to save everyone(LOL).

Tobi-

Smash Ace
Killing is way too mature for Smash Bros.

Losing a stock, sure.
Killing, no.
well i think everyone knows if you fall off a cliff you will die, or go POOF.

besides, adding solid snake raised this games maturity level +100.

one of snakes move is to put someone in a headlock neck break them.

Dojo999

Smash Journeyman
Well ganondorf is magically reincarnated whenever the world has gone too long in peace and needs some random **** to F*** it up. SO you can't really count him. He's disposable, like evil kleenex.

Lord SeBz

Smash Journeyman
Well ganondorf is magically reincarnated whenever the world has gone too long in peace and needs some random **** to F*** it up. SO you can't really count him. He's disposable, like evil kleenex.
an uber evil kleenex that could kill ya

JPW

Smash Ace
they're going to kill Pichu. This will be the reason why everyone joins in, on the fight.

It'll be just like Cage's death in that horrible Mortal Kombat movie.

This isn't Fire Emblem though. It may be taking IKe and another but I don't see it happening where if we lose a character they're gone forever.... lol.

pwnzorz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ABlackMage
3DS FC
0103-9129-9741
they become trophied, they don't die.
End of story.

RikyuXz

Smash Cadet
would be funny if someone gets torn in half, turns into two halves of a trophy, gets revived but is still in half and screams for them to turn him back into a trophy XD
LOL, that would be so funny. I could so see mario's two halves running around, screaming, "Mamma mia!"

courte

Smash Lord
well...

Well, seeing as how they both almost died, but didn't; I'm willing to bet no one is going to die.
has anything ever stopped a nintendo character?? peach and kirby took a lengthy fall in the gametrailers footage of the adventure mode and just floated on down and pokemon dont seem like the type to eat each other... especially with such a lame mouth lol j/k but then again he much be on to something MIGHT be though... i'd kill off pit at the end yknow... before he goes powermad

drengist

Smash Journeyman
I've always felt sorry for those hundreds of random mobs I have to kill before I destroy the final boss and save the world. They have wifes and children too! Think a family waiting for the daddy to come home for dinner only to find out he's been killed by some crazy guy in a silly costume.

Top Bottom