• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Dark Matter/0 discussion thread (kirby spoilers)

_umbra_

Smash Champion

Ahh, Dark Matter, one of the several final bosses from kirby games. He has played an important role in most of our hero's adventures.

And, of course, we can't forget his true self
( 0 ),
who I will refer to as Dark Matter to avoid confusion. I, of course, would suggest him as a character. Why?

1.) He is the final boss of many kirby games.
-He appears as a final boss in Kirby's Dream Land 2, Kirby's Dream Land 3, and Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards.
-He may possibly have been a boss in other games as well, but that is debateable. Please reference this wikipedia article for details.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_Matter_%28Kirby%29

2.) He makes a better villain choice than Dedede...
-Not to upset Dedede fans (because I am one. lol), but IMO, dark matter makes more sense as a brawl character. Dedede was only, correct me if I'm wrong, the final boss of only one kirby game? (Kirby's Dreamland) Dedede is only a boss, used as a pawn by dark matter, hence his name (mind of mencia reference lol).

3.) Plenty of moveset potential
- The makers of the various kirby games were very creative when designing attacks, and left plenty of options for Brawl's designers. I'll let you guys use your imaginations for this one.

And, just to be fair, I'll list two drawbacks and my take on both.

1.) ...how can they make THAT a character? (AKA: DOOD, HE HAS NO LEGS !!111!1!11!!!!!11)
lol, let's put him in sword form...
sexy, I know.

...or he could rest on the ground.

2.)But he's not as popular as Dedede!!!
...And there you're right. Dedede clearly has the popularity advantage, which may lead to his assumption as a character in brawl rather than Dark Matter. It can't hurt to hope, though :)

...that's all I got, kirby fans may want to give that wiki link a read, I thought it was interesting... Make sure to read those other related articles. Anyway, let the discussion begin :)

Tiamat

Smash Journeyman
They could make the sword form a meta knight costume change (or clone if they want to)!

FireBomb

Smash Lord
I didn't know he had that many forms, I only played the one in Kirby 64...

Brawl is basically one big popularity contest, so I don't think he'll make it, at least when going against Dedede for the spot. Even so, I'd like to see the sword-form Dark Matter if possible, though I know half the world would be saying "another sword-user???".

_umbra_

Smash Champion
That could be interesting... watch that level get banned in tournaments though. lol. It would be a shame for dark matter not to appear in some form, since he's the actual final boss and everything...

Pustulio

Smash Ace
Probably out eating some dirt or something.
The thing is although powerful and having a large impact on the Kirby series storyline, it just isn't a great idea to have a character like him in Brawl, it would just be awkward to play as the dark matter. I think that he coudl very well be a boss but, think about it, certain characters just don't feel right to play as in a fighting game and Dark Matter happens to be one.

RVD_fan

Smash Ace
The thing is although powerful and having a large impact on the Kirby series storyline, it just isn't a great idea to have a character like him in Brawl, it would just be awkward to play as the dark matter. I think that he coudl very well be a boss but, think about it, certain characters just don't feel right to play as in a fighting game and Dark Matter happens to be one.
Yeah, same with Andross

_umbra_

Smash Champion
I could see sword form as being a little less awkward than the others, but that is definitely a major factor. Although he wouldn't be quite as awkward as a playable character as, say, andross, he'd still be hard to create. Not impossible, but hard.

Top Bottom