• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Dair!

Scroll

Smash Ace
This thread is for discussion of Sheik's Dair only!
It's one hell of a move that has to be fine tuned and timed extremely well to be usefull.
What set ups do you use for dair? How do you follow it up?
In what matchup do you find it most usefull?

I personally have a hard time incorporating Dair into my game. But along with many other things, it's my goal to try and do so.
It's one of Sheik's most under used attacks but also one of her coolest looking ones in my opinion.
In theory is should be great for comboing since it sends the opponent into the air bouncing off the ground.
Does it have potential for a ken combo?
Is it simply too long to ever be usefull? Can it be used as a SHFFL off of a platform? How do you recover from it off of the ledge?
Any thoughts are welcome.

Last edited:

Oasis

Smash Rookie
It's not something most Sheiks will incorporate in their game because you can't just toss it out whenever. However, I've seen people use it to punish recovery landing lag (i.e firefox lands on stage, sheik dairs, follows up into aerial), or down throw that sends opponent onto a platform, if he misses the tech (or you read the tech), you can dair onto the platform and then follow up with another aerial.

BO/\K

Smash Apprentice
You can use it to punish tech in place/missed techs too. That requires a bit of commitment to covering just those options though since you have to SH before the tech occurs.

Alulim

Smash Apprentice
It's good for covering platform tech chases and when you want a less risky alternative to upsmash, given that an opponent who tech rolls away can typically hit you while your character is in recovery animation after a whiffed upsmash (most notable when you get knockdowns not via grabs -> ones you get with dash attack, forward tilt post 25 and stuff along the lines of that).

IMO I like up air to platform tech chase more because you don't commit as much and can cover the non tech option better since Sheik doesn't need to land on the platform to perform it.

@KirbyKaze please give us your input on using dair.

Scroll

Smash Ace
A little back I asked for advice on Sheik's dair in the general Q and A thread.
This was posted in response. I am not sure how low of a percent you can do this but at 60% M2K is able to pop Eggm up onto the platform and follow up while he is still in hitstun,
I haven't done much testing but it might be possible to do this off the air (no platform) since it pops the opponent up nomatter what
I also wonder if you have time to do a double jump after the full hop dair comboing into say upair or fair.

Last edited:
Top Bottom