• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The d-tilt, Mario next best juggling move?

Mario_ 101

Smash Ace
Although the d-tilt was close to useless in MELEE, i've been using it a bit more because it doesn't feel so akward anymore and is better because of the new physics engine and how it sends people a bit farther up, but not too up. I've actually done d-tilt into f smash, d smash, u tilt, and multiple d-tilts that go 1 after the other on my friends. What do you guys think?

Froth

Smash Journeyman
The d-tilt was pretty good in melee also. Is it better? Still, good work. You deserve a cookie. :bee:

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
/\/\ario's D-tilt wasn't COMPLETELY useless in Melee. You could combo into an F-$mash at high percents with a D-tilt.

In Brawl though it's better since it pops people just a little higher making this move safer, but still keeping people within juggling range at high percents.

EDIT: Posted that way to bypass the....text alterations....if you know what I mean.

Froth

Smash Journeyman
/\/\ario's D-tilt wasn't COMPLETELY useless in Melee. You could combo into an F-$mash at high percents with a D-tilt.

In Brawl though it's better since it pops people just a little higher making this move safer, but still keeping people within juggling range at high percents.

EDIT: Posted that way to bypass the....text alterations....if you know what I mean.
Brawl is switched with Melee, with the text alterations, keep in mind. ;)

LegendofLink

Smash Apprentice
I've used Mario's d-tilt to set up a f-air spike. Just hit them up with it around 90% when you're near the edge and follow up with a short-hopped f-air for the kill.

cHooKay

Smash Journeyman
basically the d tilt been improved for combos in brawl at higher percents, which makes mario freaking awsome for some interesting move set ups

Seven11

Smash Cadet
aww, yeah!

I've used Mario's d-tilt to set up a f-air spike. Just hit them up with it around 90% when you're near the edge and follow up with a short-hopped f-air for the kill.
every mario player needs this in their arsenal. GREAT edge mindgames with fthrow > edgeguarding or dtilt > short-hopped fair or reverse fsmash for those roll-dodgers.
great find

Top Bottom