• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The D-Pad 1-13-07 Tournament; Central Texas

The D Pad

Smash Rookie
Hey everyone, this is Ryan @ The D-Pad. Our monthly Smash Tourney is coming up in two weeks on Saturday, January 13th @ 7:00 PM. Standard entry this time, Just $6 to get in. Warm-up is from 6:30 to 7:00 PM and there will be at least 4 screens for free play after the event. The tournament will be 1 V 1 like last time, and we will consider all requests for any changes to be made. That said, there are two things that we wanted to improve this time around. First, everything will be done on a tournament program on our computer this time (I still need that from you, Xelic). Second, we are aiming for 8 to 10 systems running at a time, split across the building. Another interesting thing we are setting up is recording. We currently can record up to 2 matches at a time through capture card onto the computer. This will only be used if enough interest is shown prior to the day of the tournament. Now, on to the most important part. We're giving away to 1st place the Game Cube display setup that we had outside during the last tournament. I'm posting pictures of it on the MySpace and hopefully the website. Included will be the system, game, two controllers, memory card, and TV. We will also be giving out about 50% of the cash brought in by entry fees in addition to the first place prize. Here are some examples of the potential prizes based on a 30 / 20 split. {30 people = $55 & $35} {50 people = $90 & $60} The December tournament brought out 60 people, and though we aren't giving away Wiis this time, the lower entry always draws a crowd too. For specifics like directions and contact information, please visit us at http://thedpadonline.com or http://myspace.com/thedpad Tony & I will be checking this post almost daily to answer any questions you may have.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
If things turn out right I might go.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Hey matt...do you know if you guys are going yet and if I can catch a ride?

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Well I'm probably not going then unless by some miracal I can get a ride there and back -_-.

The D Pad

Smash Rookie
Tournament is in 2 days; we're in the middle of a a little remodeling, and I Still need that program Xelic, but otherwise we are ready. I don't mind buying a copy if you can't send it, but I've forgotten the name. Hope to see you all here, I'd like for you all to see our new setup. The indoor pool is awesome, I don't care what anyone says about electricity and water.

Ryan
The D-Pad

Xelic

Smash Ace
I sent it in an e-mail. Oh well, I will just bring the files on a flash disk and set it up with y'all there. It really takes about 2 seconds, so no worries. <3

Mr.C

Smash Master
mmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmm mmmm! indoor pool!

i cant wait to swim witha bunch of 500lb dizzle gamers mmmmmmmmm =]

The D Pad

Smash Rookie
Not quite what I was going for, but that's a very good observation reqy. What was good against insect pokemon anyway, because it seems to me like it should have been everything else since they're bugs.

Xelic

Smash Ace
Bug types took double damage from Rock, Fire, and Flying type moves. They took half damage from Grass, Poison, other Bug, and Dark, and gave half damage to Poison, Fire, Flying, other Bug, and Steel. They did double damage to Grass, Psychic, and Dark.

They also didn't have many attacks that would yield STAB, so they sucked pretty hardcore at attacking directly.

reqy

Smash Journeyman
Same Type Attack Boost...increases the base attack power by 1.5 if the user's type matches the attack. i.e. Zam using psychic, base power increases from 90 to 135.

The only one really capable of attacking directly was heracross...Megahorn pretty much can dominate and with a Salac Berry'd Flail, u can OHKO many opponents until they bring out a Tyranitar's Sandstorm or a quick attacker but what are the odds of that happening. Other than Ninjask, Scizor and Forretress, most other bugs were pretty much crap even in the UU and NU. Crappy weaknesses, poor defenses, crappy STAB besides megahorn, crappy movepool...

dcx1287

Smash Lord
man i haven't been to a tournament in a while so this one will be fun. $6 entry is very attractive.

uglywombat2004

Smash Lord
-Results-
1 - FastLikeTree/Xelic with prizes of a gamcube setup and $20 split between the two.
3 - MrC - $10
4 - Fear?

I dunno. lol, I lost to converse, **** you both!!!

Top Bottom