• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Cutest Multitasker Rides into Battle! Mona for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate!

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Don't know what her chances are, but Mona's awesome, so I'm rooting for her too. :)

I mean, really, it should be time to have a warioware character in smash.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
There's plenty Ashley fans who don't give a hoot about WarioWare in general, so I doubt it and I'm sure that Mona would have been a more popular secondary choice from the start, if they did.
^ This.

Keep in mind that most Ashle
y fans don't really like the rest of the WarioWare cast. So they won't give up on her most wanted and suddely support a less likelier character like Mona

Sorry smashkirby smashkirby

Samcrumpit

Smash Ace
Say, do you all think any Ashley supporters out there support Mona now (I mean, now that Ashley's de-confirmed and all...)?
Yeppers. Add me to the support list. I know that good chunk of Ashley fans I've seen on the thread and discord dabble with Warioware. Enough that some of us are competing for Gold scores. I'll see if I can reach a few to support this thread as well as the Kat & Ana one that came up.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Didn't expect much new supporters this fast.

Hold on, I will make sure to add all of you.

And to answer your question smashkirby smashkirby , it depends. Mona, like the rest of the cast, never had a big Smash following as Ashley. So I doubt all Ashley fans would jump ship to Mona and keep supporting their within for the next time. Few however like some of you are examples of the opposite.

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I figured I should stop by and mention that I've noticed support (Smash or otherwise) for Mona and other Wario characters, which includes the likes of characters from Wario Land and other aspects of the Wario franchise go up quite a bit.

I don't think it's anything TOO substantial, but I'm a tad surprised that this seems to be the result of Ashley's de-confirmation. For the record, I'm not hating/putting down Ashley fans that their character was de-confirmed. I truly am sorry about that. I'm simply pointing out that support for Wario franchise characters that AREN'T her seem to be reaching new heights now.

I'm pretty sure Wario franchise characters didn't even get this much support following her de-confirmation in Smash 4. Then again, Game & Wario didn't exactly do all that well, so...

warelander

Smash Journeyman
I feel most of this has to do with the fact that most people have latched onto Ashley as the ''obvious'' choice for a new Wario rep, so when she was deconfirmed it opened the door for other Wario characters to gain more attention and vocal support.

Kat and Ana would be the most obvious example, having just now finally gotten a support thread, since the status of their AT is still uncertain and they genuinely have a number of things going for them.

I already made a post on my Wario Fan Blog in regards to this, but I fully intend to use this opportunity to rally up more vocal support for the other Wario charas, because this feel like a now or never scenario.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Please add me to the list! It's odd that I'm not on there yet, since my appreciation for Mona is vocal.

I already made a post on my Wario Fan Blog in regards to this, but I fully intend to use this opportunity to rally up more vocal support for the other Wario charas, because this feel like a now or never scenario.
That would be excellent. Good luck with the endeavor.

Samcrumpit

Smash Ace
I figured I should stop by and mention that I've noticed support (Smash or otherwise) for Mona and other Wario characters, which includes the likes of characters from Wario Land and other aspects of the Wario franchise go up quite a bit.

I don't think it's anything TOO substantial, but I'm a tad surprised that this seems to be the result of Ashley's de-confirmation. For the record, I'm not hating/putting down Ashley fans that their character was de-confirmed. I truly am sorry about that. I'm simply pointing out that support for Wario franchise characters that AREN'T her seem to be reaching new heights now.

I'm pretty sure Wario franchise characters didn't even get this much support following her de-confirmation in Smash 4. Then again, Game & Wario didn't exactly do all that well, so...
Atleast for me, I wanted to get into Ware because it didn't feel right to support Ashley on Smashboards without playing her games, so I'm a rather late bloomer as is. Also, I didn't want to support a character who I saw as direct competition.

It's really a shame they opted to phone in Game and Wario. If it was anything like Gold then I could've seen it doing gangbusters at launch, ensuring atleast one more Warioware rep for Ultimate.

They missed the mark again on the Switch and now 1-2 Switch ended up getting all that launch window cash.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I feel most of this has to do with the fact that most people have latched onto Ashley as the ''obvious'' choice for a new Wario rep, so when she was deconfirmed it opened the door for other Wario characters to gain more attention and vocal support.

Kat and Ana would be the most obvious example, having just now finally gotten a support thread, since the status of their AT is still uncertain and they genuinely have a number of things going for them.

Say, warelander warelander ? I don't suppose you'll be doing a write-up (like you did for Kat and Ana) for characters like Mona or Captain Syrup or 9-Volt, will you?

Also, what would you all think of Mona being Wario's echo? Personally, I don't see it EVER happening, but... God, is it hilarious to think about. Especially because of one certain thing that Wario does that I doubt Mona will EVER do in any "public context", if you get my meaning.

FooltheFlames

needs hugs~<3
There's plenty Ashley fans who don't give a hoot about WarioWare in general, so I doubt it and I'm sure that Mona would have been a more popular secondary choice from the start, if they did.
I don't think that's a very fair assessment for you to make. Considering who I personally know, I'd say the exact opposite is true. Just about every Ashley fan I know loves WarioWare.

Is there a support list here? I'd like to be added if that's possible :)

(just a disclaimer many of us over on the Ashleyboards still haven't given up her inclusion in Smash Ultimate; but as a WarioWare fan I figured it's also time to show my support for Mona and Kat & Ana as well~ yay~)

Last edited:

warelander

Smash Journeyman
Say, warelander warelander ? I don't suppose you'll be doing a write-up (like you did for Kat and Ana) for characters like Mona or Captain Syrup or 9-Volt, will you?
I was planning to do so, since I fully support all of these characters.

I don't think that's a very fair assessment for you to make. Considering who I personally know, I'd say the exact opposite is true. Just about every Ashley fan I know loves WarioWare.
Would have liked to meet those, because many of my personal experiences have told me a different story.

Not saying no Ashley fans care for WarioWare or anything, but I have seen that kind of mentality before.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Also, what would you all think of Mona being Wario's echo? Personally, I don't see it EVER happening, but... God, is it hilarious to think about. Especially because of one certain thing that Wario does that I doubt Mona will EVER do in any "public context", if you get my meaning.
Super Slapstick Bros. on DA already showed that possibility, all too well...At best, I expect the two to only share vehicular and corkscrew special moves.

warelander

Smash Journeyman
I was planning to do so, since I fully support all of these characters.
And Mona's post is up.

Keep in mind that these posts are largely me using my Wario blog to promote the idea of rooting for Mona and co, now that people might be more likely to give them a serious look and I'm planning to write something a little more throughout once 9-Volt and Captain Syrup have their posts out as well.

''Keep rooting for your faves, even if their inclusion doesn't strike you as very likely'' is the theme here. Few expected any Wario character but Ashley to get in and that's why many won't even bother to root for anyone else and I find that to be a shame, because even if they don't make it in, it's still a good way to spread the love for the characters and show that people really care for them.

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Super Slapstick Bros. on DA already showed that possibility, all too well...At best, I expect the two to only share vehicular and corkscrew special moves.
Oh, I JUST saw that. Not going to lie, I lol'd at the standard and the down special moves. ESPECIALLY the flatulence attack.

Still though, you have a good point that Mona COULD retain her moped to be a faster-yet-weaker version of Wario's motorcycle and she could perform a version of Wario's Corkscrew that goes higher and last longer. Heck, Chrom's shown us that an clone's special moves don't HAVE to borrow EVERYTHING from the source character, so...

And Mona's post is up.

Keep in mind that these posts are largely me using my Wario blog to promote the idea of rooting for Mona and co, now that people might be more likely to give them a serious look and I'm planning to write something a little more throughout once 9-Volt and Captain Syrup have their posts out as well.

''Keep rooting for your faves, even if their inclusion doesn't strike you as very likely'' is the theme here. Few expected any Wario character but Ashley to get in and that's why many won't even bother to root for anyone else and I find that to be a shame, because even if they don't make it in, it's still a good way to spread the love for the characters and show that people really care for them.
And it's certainly helpful that you're doing this. Like you said, it's nothing short of a real shame that just about any and all Wario characters that AREN'T Ashley almost instantly get downplayed/shot-down as a possible option for an additional Wario rep.

BTW, when you say you plan to do something more thorough after 9-Volt and Captain Syrup, you do mean you plan to write something that sort of encapsulates the idea of all other Wario characters (outside of Ashley) being in Smash?

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
If I recall correctly, Mona had a lot of bizarre microgames, next to Wario. What if one of her up specials is her riding a nose rocket? :upsidedown:

warelander

Smash Journeyman
BTW, when you say you plan to do something more thorough after 9-Volt and Captain Syrup, you do mean you plan to write something that sort of encapsulates the idea of all other Wario characters (outside of Ashley) being in Smash?
Precisely that yeah, since there are a number of things that can apply to all Wario characters one way or another, one such thing includes the last thing I say in this post. While I said it in the context of hoping for Kat and Ana, it could very easily be applied to any other Wario character who's still in the running.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Oh, I JUST saw that. Not going to lie, I lol'd at the standard and the down special moves. ESPECIALLY the flatulence attack.

Still though, you have a good point that Mona COULD retain her moped to be a faster-yet-weaker version of Wario's motorcycle and she could perform a version of Wario's Corkscrew that goes higher and last longer. Heck, Chrom's shown us that an clone's special moves don't HAVE to borrow EVERYTHING from the source character, so...
Exactly! Some of Wario's attacks are easily exploitable as a template for others to use. Like Dribble & Spitz potentially borrowing the bite attack (for Dribble) and their taxi being a further altered version of the bike. While still leaving room for new attacks (Up + B being Dribble hanging on to Spitz, who uses his tail like an helicopter?).

Teeb147

Smash Legend
And Mona's post is up.

Nice posts. Did you post a link to the kat&ana one in their thread? It's nice to see them being talked about online, even if just on blogs.

I think Mona could have her moped like Wario, but besides that they're completely different so I don't think anything else would be cloned. I don't think she should work as an echo anyway, for sure. She's too unique :)

warelander

Smash Journeyman
Nice posts. Did you post a link to the kat&ana one in their thread? It's nice to see them being talked about online, even if just on blogs.

I think Mona could have her moped like Wario, but besides that they're completely different so I don't think anything else would be cloned. I don't think she should work as an echo anyway, for sure. She's too unique :)
Indeed I did, figured I'd bring it up there as well, since I am aiming to get the talk for them and the other Wario charas going a little more.

It helps that many supporters of Wario characters seem very open about whether it's Mona, Kat & Ana, Syrup, 9-Volt or whoever who get's in, because all of them would be pleasent surprises.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Indeed I did, figured I'd bring it up there as well, since I am aiming to get the talk for them and the other Wario charas going a little more.

It helps that many supporters of Wario characters seem very open about whether it's Mona, Kat & Ana, Syrup, 9-Volt or whoever who get's in, because all of them would be pleasent surprises.
At this point it's like a support group for Warioware in general. Though obviously we're skewed to our most liked, which is mona and kat&ana for me and I think you too.

warelander

Smash Journeyman
At this point it's like a support group for Warioware in general. Though obviously we're skewed to our most liked, which is mona and kat&ana for me and I think you too.
Oh yeah totally, 9-Volt and Captain Syrup (Wario Land, but I'll still count her) come close, but Kat and Ana are ones that I'd just particularly like to see as fighters and Mona simply feels like the most natural second rep for WarioWare.

I even would have been fine with Ashley, she's not a favorite of mine, but I still would have gladly taken her as a Wario newcomer, even if I don't root for her the same way as I do with the others.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Yomi's Biggest Fan Yomi's Biggest Fan

If you don't me suggesting this, do you think it might be time to sort of update the OP to the Mona thread? Feel free to ignore me on this, but I can't help but feel that it looks a bit...disorganized after SmashBoards' recent update.

Again, not trying to insult you, and feel free to ignore me on this, but I just felt like I should bring it up.

Teeb147

Smash Legend

If you don't me suggesting this, do you think it might be time to sort of update the OP to the Mona thread? Feel free to ignore me on this, but I can't help but feel that it looks a bit...disorganized after SmashBoards' recent update.

Again, not trying to insult you, and feel free to ignore me on this, but I just felt like I should bring it up.
Some spaces could be removed, to make it more knit together, at least.
Not too big of a deal, but some things could be spruced.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

A lot of the old images died a long time ago due to being old gifs. I had the feeling they didn't translate well. So it’s for the best to cut them since there’s no other appropriate substitutes to use. Going to fix up the OP soon. It’s the least I can do since this is the only thread of mines worth watching anymore.

Glad support for any WarioWare character never died.

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
A lot of the old images died a long time ago due to being old gifs. I had the feeling they didn't translate well. So it’s for the best to cut them since there’s no other appropriate substitutes to use. Going to fix up the OP soon. It’s the least I can do since this is the only thread of mines worth watching anymore.

Glad support for any WarioWare character never died.
Well, just take your time. The OP being more organized aside, do you think there's any new info to revise/add to the OP in Mona's favor? You know, like pros and cons and whatnot?

warelander warelander Say, maybe you could let him borrow some things from your recent write-up about Mona being in Smash?

As for support for Wario characters in Smash... well, while it's never died out (ESPECIALLY in Ashley's case), I'd say that it's usually quiet for the most part. Ever since Ashley's been de-confirmed for Ultimate however, support for other Wario characters (outside of her) have been unusually relatively louder than before, ESPECIALLY Mona supporters.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I'm a little surprised I haven't brought this up after so long, but I just remembered that I made a moveset for Mona quite some time ago. I should mention that this is basically Yomi's Biggest Fan Yomi's Biggest Fan 's moveset with a couple of changes here and there. I hope you don't mind, bud.

1534611312072.png

Source: WarioWare

Mona, Wario's hardest working employee, and love interest joins the battle in SSF2! Mona uses many..."unusual" attacks in battle, keeping her opponents guessing and confusing any and all opposition. She has moveset potential based on her variety of jobs (pizza parlor waitress, cheerleader, dumpling stand salesgirl/saleswoman, artifact hunter, ice cream parlor waitress, rock star, detective, fashionista, etc.).

Many of which could take from her microgames from WarioWare itself, such as sniffing up snot, pulling a nose hair for a banana to fly out, directing people to the restroom in a hurry, a marionette deflecting watermelons by flailing its limbs, having a panda balance on a beach ball, a stickman defending himself from attacks with a crayon drawn shield, and many other crazy concepts. She could easily take inspiration from those microgames with the addition of attacks to represent her various jobs. That easily makes her on of the best options to represent WarioWare’s special kind of humor.

So let's run down the list, shall we?

Size - About Princess Peach or Princess Zelda's height, if not a bit shorter.
Idle - Fluffs her large bright orange hair and fiddles with it a bit.
Weight - About as average as it can be for an 16-20+(?) year old teenage girl. Maybe a bit heavier than Princess Peach, and somewhat lighter than Princess Zelda.
Walk speed - As fast as Fox.
Dash speed - About as fast as Ness.
Air attributes - About as good as Wario, but Mona can't perform as many combos as him in the air.
Jump - About as good as Fox.

*By the way, Mona can wall jump.*

Jab - Cupsy Daisy: Mona swings twice with a cup and ball toy with the final hit being a loopable combo.
S-Tilt - Toilet Training: Mona points in both directions with a pair of light signals.
U-Tilt - Balancing Act: Mona tilts her finger up while balancing an umbrella with it. Think of the Villager's U-Tilt in Smash 4.
D-Tilt - Nighttime Allergies: She does a powerful sneeze towards the ground. If sweetspotted, the opponent will be stuck in enough hitstun for Mona to follow up with another attack.

S-Smash - Twirling Stick Smash: Here she grabs her baton and smashes it. If fully charged, Mona will twirl the baton multiple times in front of her before ending the attack. Does great damage.
U-Smash - Cheer Up!: Wears her golden pompoms and pops them upwards in a cheerleading fashion.
D-Smash - Split Kick: Once again, in a cheerleading fashion, Mona performs a split kick. Basically, think of Jigglypuff's D-Smash with WAY more range and less knockback.
Dash Attack - Sweeping Victory: Mona trips, causing her to fall onto her foe. Think of the Black Mage's dash attack in SSF2, or King Dedede's dash attack in the official Smash games, but with WAY less power.

N-Air - Universal Marrionette: She faces the screen and flails all her limbs around.
F-Air - Butterfingers: Mona swipes at her foe with a hot piece of toast. Nearly NO knockback is dealt, but the damage dealt is surprisingly high.
B-Air - Fancy Footwork: Mona kicks backwards at an arc.
U-Air - Boom Box: A white box appears above her. When exposed to a foe, it explodes just like when the firework gets in the box from the actual microgame. Does splash damage.
D-Air - Barrel Roll: Mona does a barrel roll while facing downwards.

N-Special - Hot Slice: Mona tosses a slice of pizza at her opponents at high speed. The toppings determine the damage.
--------------------------------------------------------------
Cheese (60% chance)=Low damage
Pepperoni (20% chance)=Medium damage
Supreme (10% chance)=Heavy damage
Hawaiian (5% chance)=Severe strike
Anchovies (5% chance)=Poison effect

S-Special - Moped Rush: Mona summons her scooter and rides it an any direction. The faster it moves, the more damage and knockback it will cause. She can hop on or off whenever she needs to. It will disappear after a while or be destroyed. It's slightly faster than Wario's bike, and cannot tank as many hits as it.

U-Special - Monette Rope: Mona raises out her arm as a few Monettes (3) to reach out diagonally. If the last Monette grabs a ledge, Mona blows her whistle and her minions would pull her to the ledge. It is a tether recovery moves like Olimar's Pikmin Rope, but the number of Monettes appear at random to make it a risky move. Three would be 50%, two would be 35%, and one would be 15%.

D-Special - Pet Summon: Mona blows on her whistle to summon at least one of her trusty pets to aide her in battle momentarily. Piggy (50%) would kick soccer balls at his foes. The elephant (35%) would squirt sludge to damage and shove his foes away in a large squirt. The Chimp (15%) would launch a banana peel to trip anyone in the way or who walks onto it. Each pet can only attack a few times until they disappear or die easily in one hit.

Grab - Pyoro: She uses the infamous red bird to grab the foe with his long sticky tongue.
Pummel - Hand Me Down: She whacks the foe with a leek.
F-Throw - Crash Test Dummy: She inflates an airbag to knock the foe away.
B-Throw - Paper Plane: Mona tosses her foe backwards with the addition of a paper airplane for more damage.
U-Throw - Fan Boy: She tosses her opponent above her, making them float by fanning a large paper fan before striking him/her with it afterwards.
D-Throw - Swap Team: Mona notices a fly on her opponent's face and smacks his/her face with a flyswatter out of fear.

FINAL SMASH - Rock Out!: Mona faces the player and takes out her guitar to rock out with her band members, the Hot Slices. This lasts for 15 seconds. Dodging isn’t easy. Each strum emits a large orange soundwave to shock near by players. The more she strums the bigger the waves get. When it's over Art and Decko would disappear and Mona would put away her guitar.

U-Taunt - She twirls her baton and says: "Let’s go!"
S-Taunt - Mona pulls out her camera and takes a few selfies before putting it away.
D-Taunt - She does her 'See ya!' farewell pose.

Victory animation 1 - She steps off her scooter and "delivers" her pizza with a smile. No matter what kind of costume. She says while delivering: "Here's your Pizza!"
Victory animation 2 - She twirls her Baton and throws it up. Then catches it and makes a Peace sign. One leg is lifted. No matter what kind of costume.
Victory animation 3 - She jumps up and down and says: "Yay! I won!"

So... what do you all think?

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Oh, I realise I haven't given my support yet! I may love Ashley, but Mona was my pick in Brawl days. She is quirky, had the "weird" minigames in the first game, and her original design was just perfect, I'm glad that she got her white coat back in WW Gold.

Although I must admit, with their Gold design, Kat & Ana are really adorable now and I should support them as well.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I'm a little surprised I haven't brought this up after so long, but I just remembered that I made a moveset for Mona quite some time ago. I should mention that this is basically Yomi's Biggest Fan Yomi's Biggest Fan 's moveset with a couple of changes here and there. I hope you don't mind, bud.

View attachment 158502
Source: WarioWare

Mona, Wario's hardest working employee, and love interest joins the battle in SSF2! Mona uses many..."unusual" attacks in battle, keeping her opponents guessing and confusing any and all opposition. She has moveset potential based on her variety of jobs (pizza parlor waitress, cheerleader, dumpling stand salesgirl/saleswoman, artifact hunter, ice cream parlor waitress, rock star, detective, fashionista, etc.).

Many of which could take from her microgames from WarioWare itself, such as sniffing up snot, pulling a nose hair for a banana to fly out, directing people to the restroom in a hurry, a marionette deflecting watermelons by flailing its limbs, having a panda balance on a beach ball, a stickman defending himself from attacks with a crayon drawn shield, and many other crazy concepts. She could easily take inspiration from those microgames with the addition of attacks to represent her various jobs. That easily makes her on of the best options to represent WarioWare’s special kind of humor.

So let's run down the list, shall we?

Size - About Princess Peach or Princess Zelda's height, if not a bit shorter.
Idle - Fluffs her large bright orange hair and fiddles with it a bit.
Weight - About as average as it can be for an 16-20+(?) year old teenage girl. Maybe a bit heavier than Princess Peach, and somewhat lighter than Princess Zelda.
Walk speed - As fast as Fox.
Dash speed - About as fast as Ness.
Air attributes - About as good as Wario, but Mona can't perform as many combos as him in the air.
Jump - About as good as Fox.

*By the way, Mona can wall jump.*

Jab - Cupsy Daisy: Mona swings twice with a cup and ball toy with the final hit being a loopable combo.
S-Tilt - Toilet Training: Mona points in both directions with a pair of light signals.
U-Tilt - Balancing Act: Mona tilts her finger up while balancing an umbrella with it. Think of the Villager's U-Tilt in Smash 4.
D-Tilt - Nighttime Allergies: She does a powerful sneeze towards the ground. If sweetspotted, the opponent will be stuck in enough hitstun for Mona to follow up with another attack.

S-Smash - Twirling Stick Smash: Here she grabs her baton and smashes it. If fully charged, Mona will twirl the baton multiple times in front of her before ending the attack. Does great damage.
U-Smash - Cheer Up!: Wears her golden pompoms and pops them upwards in a cheerleading fashion.
D-Smash - Split Kick: Once again, in a cheerleading fashion, Mona performs a split kick. Basically, think of Jigglypuff's D-Smash with WAY more range and less knockback.
Dash Attack - Sweeping Victory: Mona trips, causing her to fall onto her foe. Think of the Black Mage's dash attack in SSF2, or King Dedede's dash attack in the official Smash games, but with WAY less power.

N-Air - Universal Marrionette: She faces the screen and flails all her limbs around.
F-Air - Butterfingers: Mona swipes at her foe with a hot piece of toast. Nearly NO knockback is dealt, but the damage dealt is surprisingly high.
B-Air - Fancy Footwork: Mona kicks backwards at an arc.
U-Air - Boom Box: A white box appears above her. When exposed to a foe, it explodes just like when the firework gets in the box from the actual microgame. Does splash damage.
D-Air - Barrel Roll: Mona does a barrel roll while facing downwards.

N-Special - Hot Slice: Mona tosses a slice of pizza at her opponents at high speed. The toppings determine the damage.
Cheese (60% chance)=Low damage
Pepperoni (20% chance)=Medium damage
Supreme (10% chance)=Heavy damage
Hawaiian (5% chance)=Severe strike
Anchovies (5% chance)=Poison effect

S-Special - Moped Rush: Mona summons her scooter and rides it an any direction. The faster it moves, the more damage and knockback it will cause. She can hop on or off whenever she needs to. It will disappear after a while or be destroyed. It's slightly faster than Wario's bike, and cannot tank as many hits as it.

U-Special - Monette Rope: Mona raises out her arm as a few Monettes (3) to reach out diagonally. If the last Monette grabs a ledge, Mona blows her whistle and her minions would pull her to the ledge. It is a tether recovery moves like Olimar's Pikmin Rope, but the number of Monettes appear at random to make it a risky move. Three would be 50%, two would be 35%, and one would be 15%.

D-Special - Pet Summon: Mona blows on her whistle to summon at least one of her trusty pets to aide her in battle momentarily. Piggy (50%) would kick soccer balls at his foes. The elephant (35%) would squirt sludge to damage and shove his foes away in a large squirt. The Chimp (15%) would launch a banana peel to trip anyone in the way or who walks onto it. Each pet can only attack a few times until they disappear or die easily in one hit.

Grab - Pyoro: She uses the infamous red bird to grab the foe with his long sticky tongue.
Pummel - Hand Me Down: She whacks the foe with a leek.
F-Throw - Crash Test Dummy: She inflates an airbag to knock the foe away.
B-Throw - Paper Plane: Mona tosses her foe backwards with the addition of a paper airplane for more damage.
U-Throw - Fan Boy: She tosses her opponent above her, making them float by fanning a large paper fan before striking him/her with it afterwards.
D-Throw - Swap Team: Mona notices a fly on her opponent's face and smacks his/her face with a flyswatter out of fear.

FINAL SMASH - Rock Out!: Mona faces the player and takes out her guitar to rock out with her band members, the Hot Slices. This lasts for 15 seconds. Dodging isn’t easy. Each strum emits a large orange soundwave to shock near by players. The more she strums the bigger the waves get. When it's over Art and Decko would disappear and Mona would put away her guitar.

U-Taunt - She twirls her baton and says: "Let’s go!"
S-Taunt - Mona pulls out her camera and takes a few selfies before putting it away.
D-Taunt - She does her 'See ya!' farewell pose.

Victory animation 1 - She steps off her scooter and "delivers" her pizza with a smile. No matter what kind of costume. She says while delivering: "Here's your Pizza!"
Victory animation 2 - She twirls her Baton and throws it up. Then catches it and makes a Peace sign. One leg is lifted. No matter what kind of costume.
Victory animation 3 - She jumps up and down and says: "Yay! I won!"

So... what do you all think?
I don't mind and some of the new changes aren't bad themselves.

And you are right that I should update the OP a wee bit to reflect her new appearance in Gold.

If he feels like it brings anything to the table then sure, he can go right ahead.
And can I have a link to your write up, assuming it's on your blog?

Oh, I realise I haven't given my support yet! I may love Ashley, but Mona was my pick in Brawl days. She is quirky, had the "weird" minigames in the first game, and her original design was just perfect, I'm glad that she got her white coat back in WW Gold.

Although I must admit, with their Gold design, Kat & Ana are really adorable now and I should support them as well.
same here, I missed her coat after a while. Her Gold counterpart is beautiful. That being said, I'll add you.

warelander

Smash Journeyman
And can I have a link to your write up, assuming it's on your blog?
It's here.

Truthfully, in comparison to my support posts for Kat & Ana, 9-Volt or Captain Syrup I feel like the Mona post doesn't bring up a whole lot that others haven't adressed already, but if you find something of interest then by all means use it.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
It's here.

Truthfully, in comparison to my support posts for Kat & Ana, 9-Volt or Captain Syrup I feel like the Mona post doesn't bring up a whole lot that others haven't adressed already, but if you find something of interest then by all means use it.
And thanks, I will see what I can do with the OP while I am here.

D

Deleted member

Mona was my runner-up in case Ashley didn't pan out, so here I am. :pikachu:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Oh, I realize I haven't given my support yet! I may love Ashley, but Mona was my pick in Brawl days. She is quirky, had the "weird" minigames in the first game, and her original design was just perfect, I'm glad that she got her white coat back in WW Gold.

Personally, I'm loving Mona's Gold design. Honestly, I think Ko Takeuchi hit a real sweet spot in regards to combining elements of everyone's general appearances with the Rhythm Heaven-inspired artstyle used in Game & Wario.

Also, two things:

1. If Mona does make it into Smash, should she use her original appearance from the first WW game her default look, or should her WW Gold design be the default?

2. Is WW Gold content going to be in Ultimate? Because I was re-watching the August Direct, and when Gamer was shown off as a returning stage, I saw stickers of Spitz and Ana littered across the stage and I think they're using artwork straight from WarioWare Gold rather than Game & Wario.

I don't mind and some of the new changes aren't bad themselves.
Really? Well, all right then!

And you are right that I should update the OP a wee bit to reflect her new appearance in Gold.
Oh, OK. BTW, you know that when I say this, I also hoped that maybe you can add in any new info for Mona that either helps or hurts her in this day and age, right? I mean, since the OP was last updated around the time of Game & Wario and all, things have changed a bit since then.

Also, there's something I've been meaning to point out, but I couldn't put it into words until now, thanks to this piece of info below and her intro cutscene in Gold:

Ever since WW Gold was released, I think I'm starting to understand another aspect/gimmick to Mona's character. Despite the fact that Mona's basically the "hottie" of the WW cast, she seems to "subvert" expectations somewhat, if that makes sense.
Like, her having a genuine crush on Wario of all people and her favorite animal being fuzzy caterpillars. I mean, not all girls like her are like that, you know?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Personally, I'm loving Mona's Gold design. Honestly, I think Ko Takeuchi hit a real sweet spot in regards to combining elements of everyone's general appearances with the Rhythm Heaven-inspired artstyle used in Game & Wario.

Also, two things:

1. If Mona does make it into Smash, should she use her original appearance from the first WW game her default look, or should her WW Gold design be the default?

2. Is WW Gold content going to be in Ultimate? Because I was re-watching the August Direct, and when Gamer was shown off as a returning stage, I saw stickers of Spitz and Ana littered across the stage and I think they're using artwork straight from WarioWare Gold rather than Game & Wario.

Really? Well, all right then!

Oh, OK. BTW, you know that when I say this, I also hoped that maybe you can add in any new info for Mona that either helps or hurts her in this day and age, right? I mean, since the OP was last updated around the time of Game & Wario and all, things have changed a bit since then.

Also, there's something I've been meaning to point out, but I couldn't put it into words until now, thanks to this piece of info below and her intro cutscene in Gold:

Ever since WW Gold was released, I think I'm starting to understand another aspect/gimmick to Mona's character. Despite the fact that Mona's basically the "hottie" of the WW cast, she seems to "subvert" expectations somewhat, if that makes sense.
Like, her having a genuine crush on Wario of all people and her favorite animal being fuzzy caterpillars. I mean, not all girls like her are like that, you know?
Not to worry, the OP is updated to reflect some of the recent things in Gold like highlighting her importance and giving more examples on her love for Wario. I'm not sure if anything really changed as of late that warrants being a plus or a minus to her chances, which is why I didn't add much.

And watching the Direct again, it's hard to tell. really if the stickers this time are based on WarioWare Gold. Then again, Wario's memory on the Japanese Ultimate website was based on WarioWare Gold itself and a promotional deal. I guess I can be inclined to belive that for now since we have nothing else t really go off of. I honestly wouldn't mind her Gold look at all, though the more realistic scenario is go with her classic look for nostalgia.

And with Mona, her liking caterpillars as this beauty is completely in character. She's definitely an example of this rich beautiful girl with rather contrarian views on what she considers cute, even when it comes to the greedy boss she works for. I like this alot.

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Not to worry, the OP is updated to reflect some of the recent things in Gold like highlighting her importance and giving more examples on her love for Wario. I'm not sure if anything really changed as of late that warrants being a plus or a minus to her chances, which is why I didn't add much.
Oh, so it's been updated already?

And watching the Direct again, it's hard to tell. really if the stickers this time are based on WarioWare Gold. Then again, Wario's memory on the Japanese Ultimate website was based on WarioWare Gold itself and a promotional deal. I guess I can be inclined to believe that for now since we have nothing else to really go off of.
Hmm... well, Game & Wario didn't have artwork like that, did it? Huh, maybe I need to watch that part of the Direct once more just to be sure. Still, I have to admit that it's a tad difficult for me to tell as well. Considering the REALLY darkened lighting in that stage now, the stickers are even harder to see now. Though maybe that's only because of 5-Volt's appearance in that stage darkening everything....

I honestly wouldn't mind her Gold look at all, though the more realistic scenario is go with her classic look for nostalgia.
Well, that's true. Heck, I'd hope for Sakurai to go the "semi-obvious" route, and make each of Mona's outfits from across the WarioWare games available as alts. with the addition of her Biker Wario-inspired look.

And with Mona, her liking caterpillars as this beauty is completely in character. She's definitely an example of this rich beautiful girl with rather contrarian views on what she considers cute, even when it comes to the greedy boss she works for. I like this alot.
Oh, trust me. I'm certainly aware of how that's in-character for her. I'm just saying that it wasn't until Gold that I started to truly get the "gimmick" of Mona's character (aside from being sort of the "every-girl" of the series, what with all the jobs she takes on), being a rich teenage beauty with certain tastes most people outside looking in would find VERY questionable for someone like her, as we see Joe and Fronk demonstrate in Gold (as well as every one of her character bios throughout the series). Honestly? It endears me to Mona more than ever before.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Oh, so it's been updated already?

Hmm... well, Game & Wario didn't have artwork like that, did it? Huh, maybe I need to watch that part of the Direct once more just to be sure. Still, I have to admit that it's a tad difficult for me to tell as well. Considering the REALLY darkened lighting in that stage now, the stickers are even harder to see now. Though maybe that's only because of 5-Volt's appearance in that stage darkening everything....

Well, that's true. Heck, I'd hope for Sakurai to go the "semi-obvious" route, and make each of Mona's outfits from across the WarioWare games available as alts. with the addition of her Biker Wario-inspired look.

Oh, trust me. I'm certainly aware of how that's in-character for her. I'm just saying that it wasn't until Gold that I started to truly get the "gimmick" of Mona's character (aside from being sort of the "every-girl" of the series, what with all the jobs she takes on), being a rich teenage beauty with certain tastes most people outside looking in would find VERY questionable for someone like her, as we see Joe and Fronk demonstrate in Gold (as well as every one of her character bios throughout the series). Honestly? It endears me to Mona more than ever before.
I just updated it during the time you made the comment. Feel free to reread it, the differences are there. I feel a massive revamp isn't needed.

Best thing we can do is wait for more screenshots on the Gamer stage to really see if those are based on WarioWare Gold.

And I wouldn't mind her having almost every costume she had in the series. Bias or not, at least it would be fair since she's got the least consistent outfit compared to other characters in the series. The more unique costumes in Smash, the better.

Like you, I quite love how endearing she is as a character and Gold adds more shades to her weird side contrasting her looks in good ways. Shows that she doesn't have to be as classy as Peach or regal as Zelda to be a good character.

Top Bottom